“Fantastic Hotel”

Ranked #29 of 39 Hotels in Kardamena
York, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Hotel”
Reviewed March 17, 2014

I chose Kos because it sounded like the perfect combination of relaxation at the beach and sightseeing. And, I'd always wanted to go to Greece. I loved the Mammis Beach Hotel! The atmosphere there amongst the guests and the staff was great. The staff and family really take care of you and George the owner is really passionate about his food which her cooks with great gusto!. The hotel is very comfortable and the food is good, pool area ideal for relaxing and the pool so very clean. Location is perfect for a beach holiday and nearby only a short walk to Kardamina and you have all the nightlife and bars on the beach which you could possibly wish for. On Kos, you can do as much or as little as you like. I just wished I'd had a longer visit there to spend more time relaxing at the hotel. We had a great group! We all got along so well and had a great time together. We've been in touch since the trip and exchanged pictures. I'm glad I took the day trip to Turkey as it was a real insight into another culture with loads of cheap shopping!! There were 3 who hired a car who took us all over the island. It was a great trip, we saw so much in such a short time and were able to get away from the touristy areas. Overall, a great trip! I would recommend it! The messages about this hotel are most misleading and I would definitely stay again at Mammis Beach Hotel for 3 weeks

Cargerry

Room Tip: Upper rooms best for amazing sunset!!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank Cargerry

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Greek first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 10, 2014

We stayed at Mammis, this is our 3rd visit to this place. The pool is nice, the beach is really quiet. I liked the food in the restaurant. We attended the BBQ night and it really was great. George and his wife really made us feel at home!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
6 Thank Janette1111
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 6, 2013

Stayed at Mammis beach hotel in October for a 2 week well deserved holiday - hotel is in the best location for peace and quiet with night life on the doorstep. Lovely family run hotel very clean and comfortable - highly recommend this hotel on all levels cleanliness, food quality, rooms, facilities, location and friendliness. Could not fault my stay - 5 star service and quality! Sharon and Jason.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Sharon B
London
Reviewed November 1, 2013

My partnerand I stayed here for 10 days in September. Would not come here ever again, even it it was free!
The room was completely dirty. the shower wasn't even cleaned from the previous guests. our beds were really uncomfortable, but we spoke to others in the complex who said their beds were fine. The food was nice, but their continental breakfast is a joke! Only one cup of tea/coffee and juice, and two slices of toast! Nothing else!
The owner, George, is only nice to you and welcoming if you spend your money there. The location is not great, far from the town (25 minute walk) and the 'beach' isn't really a beach. We wanted to change our hotel from the first day!
Sorry George, but you did not make our stay pleasant.

3 Thank Julita D
Peterborough, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 30, 2013

that this is George and Renata's livelihood. Basic and a way out of town but there are buses and cabs. The restaurant/bar area has to be where they make their money although not overpriced. Obviously if you do not eat or drink there George will get annoyed. We ate out but also respected them and ate there too, food is delicious. This was our second visit in 3 years and we will return in another 3. You have a choice go to Mammis and get personal attention or the all-inclusive cell blocks up the road. BTW George knew we took our own wine for a drink on the balcony and had no problem, perhaps the reason was that we did not take advantage?

Room Tip: Book upstairs and take advantage of the balcony at sunset.
1 Thank Peter L
HUYTON
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Just arrived home after a week in sunny kos.After reading other reports, I can honestly say there is truth in them all. It is in a nice setting but it is a long way out, about 30 minutes walk. As for the owner George, I can honestly see why his demeanour would intimidate people. On checking in he tried to put us in a room with no balcony or terrace, when I objected he told me that I hadn't paid a lot of money so I should accept it. I didn't accept it. It appears to me that if you spend lots of money there, then he is nice to you, if you don't, then you feel his wrath. He told me that I was eating my own food at the pool, when I wasn't and in fact, just bought crisps off him!!! He then told me that he wasn't my friend cos I wasn't eating my meals there!! I could repeat what other customers said to me, about the things he has put them through, but its down to them to speak. I can only tell you the things that he said to me. Would we go back to kos? without a doubt. Would we go the mammis beach? No way. I forgot to mention, that although the apartments are advertised as having two ring cooking facilities, infact they had none. I wonder where they went?

2 Thank EvertonBaggo
Redruth, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 15, 2013

We have just returned to the UK from Kos,
We stayed at the Mammis beach resort in kardamena where we will never return to again,
We have been to many of the Greek islands and been to kardamena 3 times but the stay at the mammis beach was the worst by far
We booked the holiday through super escapes travel on the web and then read some of the reviews for the place we were about to go on” trip advisor “ although there were some quite negative reports we thought we would go and enjoy.
When we arrived on kos we got a cab to the apartment and was greeted by George the owner who we had met the year before, and were taken to our room , we asked for the cooker as requested by e-mail to cook on and as we were self-catering this was the first time George got pretty upset and in my view “angry” demanding to know why we wanted a cooking ring as all other guests ate in his restaurant ,we told him we had booked self-catering and would want to cook he told us he has no self-catering and people eat in “my restaurant “ he supplied us with the cooking ring but his attitude and temperament to us from that moment had changed for the worst.
On the third day of our stay my partner was washing some swimwear and went to hang out our clothes when George came across the pool area shouting “miss Vanessa if you don’t close your door while your air conditioning is on I will take it off you “ we had paid 70 euro for the air con and he could not come and speak to us he had to yell and embarrass us across the pool area with all the other guests looking on.
From this day very early into our stay our maid service was stopped as no fresh towels ,sheets cleaning or rubbish removal .
The final straw was the night we came back after a night out I was not well ( being diabetic ) and we were stopped as we got out of the cab by George and was asked in front of a crowded bar area why we “dis-respected his hotel “ as we did not buy his food and alcohol ,
My partner was very upset at the constant Picking and we were after all self- catering.
We then decided to end our stay there ……………
We were helped by a hotel a short cab ride away and enjoyed our final few days after booking into the Everipides village . Many thanks to Nikos and Denise at the Everipides for a fantastic last few days and we will return to them next year
A final review of what is the worst place I have ever stayed
SALT water pool
SALT water shower in the rooms
Not the cleanest I have ever been to
If you are going here think again
If you have not booked yet save your money and book elsewhere
AVOID AT ALL COSTS
Pete & Vanessa Kos 29/8/2013 till 12/9/2013

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel we will return to kos but NEVER HERE AGAIN
4 Thank ness_pete