My family and I just returned from the Aegean Village in Kardamena and had a wonderful time. We stayed for 10 days had two young children (2yrs and 9m) and grandparents.
Food - Buffet breakfast and dinner. Breakfast was of good quality with cereals, cooked breakfast and continental options. Very little variation day to day (beans one day, grilled tomatos the next) but to be honest, its breakfast and the range was large enough to meet all tastes. Dinner was more grand with soup of the day, cold starters (various salads, dolmades, tzatziki, grilled vegetables), 4-5 mains including a roast of the day and vegetables, and desert (a large range of puddings plus ice cream and fresh fruit). Good selection of bread too. Overall the quality was very good and we never got bored during the 10 days.
Room - we had two adjacent rooms (251 and 252). As mentioned in previous reviews, the rooms have been recently refurbished to a very high standard. The rooms were a good size - not excessively spacious though. Each had a balcony though with two families we'd have preferred to have adjoining balconies for the evenings when the kids were asleep. We'd requested a cot in one room and a kids bed in the other and these were both ready on arrival. The cot was a travel cot, a little old but quite sturdy and did the job - they provided linen for the cot too. Aircondintioning was effective, easy to control and set the temperature you want. Get a second room key from reception to leave in the key slot inside the room which controls the power if you aren't going out for long to keep the room cool. No carpets so floors cleaned with mop every day. Bathrooms were clean, strong water pressure and hot water available 24hours. Free amenities only included soap bars, bubble bath and moisturiser so take your own shampoo and shower gel (or buy locally). Safe in each room, but need to pay to get a code. Mini fridge very useful. Limited English tv channels (BBC World, Life Movies) - hotel mainly caters for Germans here. Was able to watch world cup matches (including one with live sounds but without any commentary which was weird). Linen and towels changed every day. Very friendly cleaners - though they don't knock before coming in so lock your door to avoid any awkward situations!
Entertainment - very friendly animation team, tried their best to get people involved without being too pushy, evening entertainment a bit limited. Hotel advertises greek nights but these didn't happen while we were there as we were told it was out of season (in June??). There is a disco / show room with bar for some of the entertainment which did not benefit from the refurb and was a little tired. Kids play area and min golf near children's pool which are good for kids before the 9pm mini disco. They played the same 7-8 songs every night which for young children is great as our 2 year old had all the dance routines perfected by the last night.
Bars - Pool bar convenient. Recommend the 1€ for homemade ice cream in a cone! Snack bar open for lunch, reasonably priced with grill option on Sunday. Make sure you ask for kids portion / prices if needed. Would benefit from opening a little longer than 3pm. Ropey cocktails (especially mojitos) from pool bar / disco bar. Recommend the main bar by the reception.with experienced bar tender (mojitos are not bad).
Location - to make it clear, there is a beach opposite the hotel which is sand, but where the sea comes in, turns to rock - there is a small strech of sand only on the left. For sand only beaches walk in either direction for up to 10 minutes. Loungers cost €6 per day. Hotel is a 15 minute comfortable walk from Kardamena town centre where there are supermarkets, tour operators, car hire (all much cheaper than hotel / tour company). Otherwise bus every 1-2 hours €1.60 or taxi €6. No shops en route. Hotel is close to the airport so transfers are quick (usually first to be dropped off / last to be picked up for tours too).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lagas Aegean Village is a hotel resort located on the golden sandy shores of the south coast of Kos Island, Greece. It's layout and use of space is characteristic of the distinctive Aegean architecture. Built on a slope, every corner offers magnificent views of the endless deep blue Aegean Sea.The main building lounges, restaurants, bars and facilities are located at the bottom of the slope, while all 330 rooms are situated on the hillside, which are accessed by the 24hour complimentary minibus service. It is worth mentioning that the hotel underwent a complete renovation in 2011. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, TripOnline SA, bedfinder AG, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Lagas Aegean Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lagas Aegean Village Hotel Kardamena
- Hotel Aegean Village
- Aegean Village Kardamena
- Aegean Village Kos
- Lagas Aegean Village Kos/Kardamena