Lagas Aegean Village
Olympia Mare(Kardamena)
Argiri Hotel(Kardamena)
  • Bar/Lounge
1,048 results
All reviewsminibus servicehalf boardkos townanimation teammen have to wear long trouserspool bargreek nightbreakfast and dinnerplenty of sunbedslovely hotelsaladreception staffsea viewplenty of choicetwo weeksgreat holidaymini market
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 31, 2011

This hotel lived up to all my expectations, it was in a great location only a short walk or cheap taxi journey into Kardamena. The food was always varied and very tasty - the wine and beer was also cheap too! As it was the summer holidays, my boyfriend would put towels out on the sunbeds early to make sure we got good ones because the pool could get quite busy. The beach was great- we did jet skiing which was good value for money and great fun. The entertainment was really funny- they had something on every night at the pool bar but if that wasn't your thing then you could go in the other bar and overlook the pool which was also lovely at night. The rooms were cleaned daily, we didn't have any problems with anything in our room. The staff were helpful and spoke English- we requested a room in the 300's and got room 364 which was perfect! It is not a far walk at ALL unless you are right up at the top, and bus can take you up for free anyway. The views were amazing, and the scenery was fantastic too. Overall we had a great holiday and would definately go again!

Room Tip: Go for rooms between 200 and 300 - they have great views and very short walk. 364 was good!
Reviewed July 30, 2011

My boyfriend and I booked this hotel as our first holiday together.
The reception staff were helpful, friendly and quick to check us in upon arrival.
Our assigned room was half way up the hill so the minibus dropped us and our bags to our door!
Although our room was quite high up and the minibus was always available, we often walked up and down from our room to the restaurant/pool. And because our room was higher up, you reap the benefits of the gorgeous views of the sea.
The food was lovely. Good choice of breakfast and dinner. A variety of food each night for dinner so wasn't too repetitive. The hotel requests men wear trousers to dinner.
The evening entertainment was always a laugh- we attended almost every night. It ranged from Bingo, Greek night, karaoke and quiz night! The animation team were great at getting people involved night or day!
The pool was lovely. Absolutely huge so was never busy. Was very fresh and clean. Plenty of sun loungers by the pool were available each day. My boyfriend and I always found 2 next to each other even if we didn't come to the pool until the afternoon.
There is a beach right opposite the hotel with numerous sun loungers available there as well.
It is a short 10min walk to Kardemena town centre. There is a path from the hotel most of the way but the street is not lit so can be a bit treacherous in the evening. Lots of bars, mini supermarkets, restaurants and snack shops to choose from there.
There is a mini market available on hotel site too by the pool bar.
Drinks were reasonably priced. Cocktails were lush!
We only left the hotel a couple of times to pop to town, the hotel was very accommodating.
Would 100% return to the Aegean Village and would recommend to anyone looking for a relaxing holiday in Kos.

• Stayed: July 2011
1  Thank Lil_rummy
Reviewed July 29, 2011

This was my second trip to this location and I was not disappointed - the rooms are well positioned and are clean and tidy. The staff are generally cheerful and helpful (it might pass some people's attention but it's often the case that if you are cheerful and polite that staff in hotels often are).

Just a few points about some of the negatives I've seen in some of the other reviews (which frankly I find a bit baffling):

* breakfast finishes too early - it finishes at 9.45am
* Hotel is too far out of town - It's a mile away

Having said that, if you want a hotel where people will laugh and clap while you get out of your face on cheap lager and make an idiot of yourself besides the pool - this is not the hotel for you. you'd be better off booking into one of the doss-houses in the town centre.

I would recommend this hotel to couples looking to relax and families with small children.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Charlesgknight
Reviewed July 29, 2011

I would echo the comments made by many others. This is a very good hotel and I will definitely return. The place is maintained to a very high standard and there are very few negatives. The chalet style rooms are set out on a hillside rising up behind the main complex and we were at the top end of the site (Room 625) with a fantastic view of the sea. Although this was a bit of a climb if you chose to walk, there were very regular free minibuses to take you up and down the hill and these operated 24/7. The rooms were spacious enough with a decent sized balcony and the cleaner called every day to change linen and towels. The room had a fridge and a flat screen tv, with plenty of wardrobe and drawer space too. There was a hair dryer unit in the decent sized bathroom (bath/shower and toilet). One big plus was the FREE air conditioning!! One of the few negatives was that there was no kettle, so take one - you won't regret it. The beds were very comfortable and we slept very well every night..
With regards to the food we had no complaints whatever. At breakfast you could have English or continental breakfast (or both) The bread was delicious though I didn't see any toaster - not a big issue for us. The choice of food for the evening meal was also very good - various hot/cold options and during the week I had a different soup every night and beef, lamb, chicken, turkey, pork and salmon on different evenings. If you have any room left there is a choice of a dozen desserts plus ice creams and fruit!!! (Gentlemen need to wear long trousers for the evening meal).
The pool is large and clean with lots of sturdy sunbeds - and it isn't too rowdy either. The entertainments team were very good - and they are not too pushy when inviting you to partake in the various activities - darts, table tennis, crazy golf, tennis, water polo and football to name some. The evening entertainment was varied - quizzes, greek night, karaoke and a 'crazy night' - which was brilliant!
The staff were all polite and helpful, and only a couple of them had forgotten how to smile, but that is the same anywhere you have a lot of staff!!
The beach across the road is ok but definitely not the best - it does get a bit better as you walk into Kardamena (15 mins) but even then you might be disappointed if you are a beach freak. I am sure Kos has some great beaches but they are not in the immediate vicinity of the hotel.
Overall - excellent holiday and I would definitely recommend this hotel - the airport is only 20 minutes away which is another bonus!

Room Tip: Take a travel kettle and a supply of tea/coffee.
Reviewed July 29, 2011

Now our 6th visit. so we can say we where very impressed with the refubishments. It was as though it was a brand new hotel.
The incedible views and atmosphere is only matched by the freindly, and very helpful staff.
Having a Chef as a son? I an still amazed by the amount of choice of food available, and always cooked and presented with precision. George, the frindly restaruant manager, the waiters, and Chef make eating here a delight.
Although a large hotel, Mr Lagas, and his family, are always present and reasuringly watching over everything.
The result of this, for me, is how i can just relax. Around the pool, beach, or balcony and just for two weeks, live my life, away from the husle and busle. Book this hotel and enjoy!

1  Thank PALERMOGC