Generally an excellent all round holiday experience once we got our room changed from the bungalow style appartment which is located approximately 100 metres uphill from the main hotel and which offers only very basic accomodation and views over the top of other bungalows to the front and the scrubby hillside to the rear. Thankfully we only had to stay in one of these for one night otherwise our review may well have been considerably different. We requested a change as soon as we arrived and this was accomodated the next morning with a change to a room in the main hotel and as a 'gesture' from the hotel they 'upgraded' our all inclusive status to VIP although we're not quite sure what benefits that gave us over any other status!
That's the negative out of the way as the rest of our stay was perfect, great weather helped of course with temperatures daily in the mid 30's. Beach is located close to the hotel with only a few steps down to it, passing the swimming pools and the Chinese restaurant and Taverna on the way. Beach side hut serves drinks and snacks all day, has a different cocktail of the day every day which we found to be very refreshing several times a day!
Warm clear sea, very safe to swim in especially for kids although it does get deep quite quickly. Water sports are available although at extra cost and include jetskis, banana boats, paragliding, wind surfing etc. You do need to provide a certificate of competency for the wind surfing so be advised before you go if you intend to use this activity.
Food at the hotel is very good with a good variety and plenty available. Try the Chinese restaurant at least once while you're there (we went twice)! The Taverna near the beach provided a great location for lunch and again the food was plentiful as were the drink options.
Didn't seem to be a lot to do in the evenings although some entertainment was provided for the kids which you were just about aware of from the adult bar area where cocktails and beer flow freely with a great waitress service coming to your table to take orders etc.
The hotel itself is very light and airy and a nice cool area to sit if you want a bit of time out of the heat. Rooms in the main hotel have good air conditioning so long as you keep the sliding glass doors closed.
We used the free shuttle bus to take us in to Kardamena which is no more than 10 minutes drive. It's a lively town with lots of bars and restaurants as well as having a small marina. This is a good place to find better deals on island trips, car hire, ferries to Turkey etc and appeared to be more competitive than the deals the holiday reps give you at the hotel.
Everything considered we had a great time, the time of year we went meant there were not many kids around and those that were there were mainly pre-school age so not a lot of them around in the evenings. I'm sure this would be different during peak season as there seemed to be quite a lot of kids facilities available. We would go back again but would make absolutely sure that we had a room in the main hotel as even one night in the bungalows located up cardiac hill was uncomfortable!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- NORIDA BEACH is a high standard all-inclusive resort where the good service meets the hospitality and the original smile. It is the right choice for couples and families seeking quality accommodation in a quiet location combines sea and Mountain View. ACCOMMODATION: comfort and warmth Totally renovated in 2012, Norida beach whether in the main Hotel or in one of 25 bungalow buildings all 455 comfortable and spacious guest rooms are carefully appointed and offer all the facilities of a 5-star resort. Hotel is surrounded by immense gardens and is decorated with warm gentle colors, marble floor and wooden furniture. The magnificent view of the Aegean Sea and of The Volcanic island of Nissiros will help you to relax while enjoying one of our nice cocktails in your Balcony! RESTAURANTS AND BARS: tasty treats all day and nightMITSIS NORIDA BEACH offers numerous gastronomic delights at no extra charge. At all bars a large variety of appetizers, snacks, ice cream, alcoholic and non drinks are richly offered. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, HotelsClick and Despegar.com so you can book your Mitsis Norida Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mitsis Norida Beach Kardamena
- Hotel Mitsis Norida Beach
- Norida Beach Kos
- Norida Beach Hotel Kos
- Mitsis Norida Beach Hotel Kos/Kardamena