Family of 4 at this hotel 5th to 18th August . Had a delayed flight with Thimas cook so didn't get to the hotel until about 4am.
Check in was ok but given we were 2nd in the queue and last to be served and then waited a while for the guy in the mini bus to take us to our room but hey ho our holiday had started and got there in the end .
Room was of a good size , best family room we've had with a seperate room for the kids with a wardrobe and other storage space.Our bit also had a wardrobe and sufficient storage space.
Mini bar stocked on arrival and ever other day ( ish)
I wasn't sure about the main buffet at first as I didn't think there was much choice .... But if you take note of what there is and walk around ,then there is a lot of choice and more than sufficient to make a meal with.
Pizzas were divine and although sometimes a queue well worth waiting for .
We went to the Chinese restaurant twice and the Greek once. We didn't enjoy the Greek , it was ok but we didn't want to return. The Chinese was good though and worth returning to.
Sunbeds- usual AI set up where you have to be down early to secure your spot although compared to other hotels we have been to, hubby had to set his alarm for 6:45 which was later than some places.
Pool areas are nice and we chose to spend our time at the pool nearest the beach as it was nearest our room and had the pool bar as well as being not so far from the beach bar.
The beach bar had alcoholic slush but due to demand wasn't always as frozen as it should have been. Donuts and pizza were also available at the beach bar at selected times.
We spent most evenings on the terrace. The adult bar at the far end of the terrace had better drinks IMO and so we sat in the family bar terrace at the adult bar end .
Evening entertainment in the theatre with the animation team was ok, not really our thing anymore and once or twice was enough. I didn't particularly like the theatre but other people may think it's ok.
Beach was sand/shingle so swim shoes are a must.
The bus into Kardamena was an experience and given it wasn't too far was tolerable but when we went to Kos town and the driver insisted on packing people on , it wasn't very pleasant. Hubby had no seat for the trip so wasn't impressed . TBH a family of 4 are probably as well getting a taxi to Kardamena as it's not much more at 10 euros.
In Kos town we went to Ramira Beach hotel for lunch - bus number 1 from the harbour, about 10 minutes away.
We got the service bus back from Kos town to Kardamena and then a taxi to the hotel. Although more expensive at least the service bus driver turned people away when the bus was full!!
Late check out room until 6pm was 35 euros , we were happy to pay this to have somewhere to shower before our late flight .
All in all a good couple of weeks at the Norida Beach that went way to quickly . Would we go back ? Yes ....... But only on some decent day flights
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- NORIDA BEACH is a high-standard all-inclusive resort, where good service meets hospitality and original smile. It is the right choice for couples and families seeking quality accommodation in a quiet location combining sea and mountain views. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mitsis Norida Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mitsis Norida Beach Kardamena
- Hotel Mitsis Norida Beach
- Norida Beach Kos
- Norida Beach Hotel Kos
- Mitsis Norida Beach Hotel Kos/Kardamena