Being my first holiday with my boyfriend I wanted to go somewhere I had been before and that I knew was nice. Having got back last week we had a lovely time and it was a great holiday.
Food - the food was really nice, they offered a wide variety of foods to cater for everyone. The hotel has 2 al a carte restaurants an Italian and a Greek both of which we visited and if we stayed longer would have gone again because the food was so nice.
Rooms - the room was cleaned daily with fresh towels and sheets the maids were always friendly and polite.
Lobby - great for meeting new people, we found there were probably less English there compared to German's and Russian's. This wasn't really an issue as most can speak basic English.
Internet - the free wifi is ok. If your not going on holiday to go on the internet then this isn't an issue. If you however would like to check your Facebook may I advise you do it in the morning or very late at night as around tea time is when it is at its slowest and sometimes doesn't even connect.
Beach - there is access to sun beds and free activities on the beach. Don't be tricked by the photos this isn't a sandy beach, it is gravel/stones which is brill for our feet as they feel super soft after a walk up the beach.
This being my 3rd visit to this hotel I probably wont be visiting for a few years as I have done most of the things you can do on this holiday but I would advise this to family and friends as it is a lovely hotel with pleasant friendly staff.
If you have booked to Summer Palace have a lovely time and hope you enjoy as much as we did :)!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Accommodation: Standard rooms (52), Bungalows (104), Family Suites (96). Every 15 rooms a sharing pools is available. Room Facilities: Fully air-conditioned with individual control Heating, Bathroom with bathtubs / Hair dryer, Direct dial telephone, Mini fridge, Satellite TV with international channels / Music channel, Balcony or terrace with a fantastic view, Safe deposit box (with charge). Floor covering: Tiles. Meals in Main Restaurant. Breakfast: American buffet Lunch: Complete buffet Dinner: Complete buffet (all meals are with show cooking). Food and Beverage Facilities: Main Restaurant specializing in Greek and International cuisine with terrace and a fantastic view to the Aegean Sea. Italian à la carte restaurant «La Bella Vista»Greek à la carte restaurant (Tavern) at the beach. Main lounge Bar (In & outdoor), Interior Swimming pool, Bar, Beach Bar, Pool Bar, Room Service (07:30 – 21:30h). Sport & Leisure: 1 outdoor swimming pool with salt water, sun terrace, 1 Indoor pool with fresh water (for adults only), 6 sharing pools with fresh water for the family suites, 1 outdoor swimming pool fresh water with water slides, Sun beds and umbrellas at the pools and the beach, 2 tennis courts (hard) with floodlight, equipments. Water sport centre with water skiing, jet skiing, banana boat, parachuting, pedals, wind surfing (certificate), catamaran, row boots, pedals, canoes, rings, Scuba diving, lessons, Boat trips, Beach volley, Beach football, Table tennis, Bicycling, Horse riding & pony riding (on request), Bridge room, Billiard, Entertainment such as sketches, competition games, aerobics. Children’s play ground (4-12 years), Disco, Fitness, sauna and massage. Other Facilities: Reception with lobby, TV corner, Shopping arcade with mini market, souvenir shop and jewelry, Hair dresser, Laundry & dry-cleaning service, Concierge / Cashier / Porters, Guest Parking, Rent a car / motorbike / bike, Doctor’s visit, Lifts from the reception area to the beach. For Children: Integrated children pool with salt water, Children playground – Mini Club, Children disco, Baby cot, Baby chairs in restaurant, Kid’s water slide with kid’s pool. Business Accommodations and Services: Telephone and fax services, Internet and mail services, Photocopy service, Wi-Fi access at the main lobby area (free). Distance From: Kardamena Town 5 Km, Airport 14 Km, Port 32 Km, Beach on the beach, Public bus: Front of the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline and Expedia so you can book your Mitsis Summer Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mitsis Summer Palace Kardamena
- Summer Palace Hotel Kos
- Mitsis Summer Palace Kos/Kardamena