“Nicely surprised!”
Review of Harriet Apartments

Harriet Apartments
Ranked #1 of 5 Kardamena B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 29, 2013

after reading various terrible reviews on this hotel on here, i was more then slightly worried to stay, but after arriving i was pleasantly surprised! The rooms though basic, had everything you need for an 18 to 30's holiday and were clean and tidy. Yes as stated in some reviews the showers dont have a curtain but the bathroom has a door so its really not that important. The rooms get cleaned every day, and as a group we all had rooms next to each other which was a nice surprise! It is the perfect location, across the street from a supermarket and 5 minutes walk to the beach and bars. The swimming pool is clean and there are plenty of sunbeds, along with a pool side bar selling cheap snacks and breakfasts which are perfect for after a night out. I would definitely recommend for anyone looking for a place to stay for a young persons holiday it has all you need and is in the perfect spot along with friendly bar staff.

Room Tip: purchase air con for your stay!

Reviewed August 22, 2013

There was ten of us altogether and we booked a girly holiday since we all have moved away to Uni. When we got there we were a little confused as to where we checked in, we soon found out it was at the pool bar! The rooms are very basic and the air con is a little weak. The bathroom was also a little small and the shower isn't attached to the wall but for what we needed it was just a place to sleep and get ready!

The staff were great, reps were friendly and helped us get very drunk every night! George was the best, he made great food and cocktails, I definitely recommend the traffic light cocktails he makes! The pool was good and the music round the pool definitely set a great vibe! My only real regret was paying so much to do events arranged by the reps, we soon realised if you went down Bar street you could get the exact same events for 20 euros cheaper! The UV party was great, wear something you don't mind getting ruined though! The foam party was also good but my favourite was the silent disco, expensive but sooooooo much fun! Also the full moon beach party was a very good night, a tad expensive as its a free bar but the drinks are very strong!

The food round the pool bar is very nice, there are salads and sandwiches, full breakfasts and then typical fatty food like burgers and hot dogs. There are some lovely restaurants on the beach front, a huge range from traditional Greek food to sushi! There are also some great take away places for after a night out, I recommend the chicken kebab!

Overall its a GREAT holiday, I preferred it to Magaluf! I recommend it to anyone looking for a lads/girls holiday!

Room Tip: Our room faced the pool and it was a much better view than the other side!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Sarah S
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Myself and 5 other lads went here for a week.

Reviews are definitely mixed but I can't see why, it was perfect for value and the kind of holiday we wanted.

Other then the loud maid who woke us up at half 10 every morning rough as anything, I can't think of any other faults.

5 minutes from the strip and beach. Right next to a 24 hour take away. (Which is an absolute lifesaver at 4 in the morning) cheap food by pool and was tasty too. Staff were spot on especially George who I think everyone got on with.

Rooms were basic but you get what you pay for. In my eyes if you are looking for a party holiday this is the place to stay. The vibe was good as there were lots of other people staying here with the same intention of the holiday.

Don't pay for reps though, hear what they have to offer then do it yourself, worth checkin out the nights at the clubs uv and foam party was a favourite for us. Also Marios bar was where we spent most our time. 3 shots and 2 drinks for five euros. Can't fault it.

Great place anyway would recommend this all day long !

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend booked here to stay for one week. I read some reviews before hand but thought try it for myself. As soon as I entered the room of ours I thought clean but basic and bland. The bathroom was what put me off. It was just a sink with a shower head! The whole bathroom got flooded each time we used it. The drain did not work and water would not drain down. The beds were comfy (ish) it did after a night out. The only thing that really got to me was that we only got one set of clean towels..... And the lady said to me when I asked for some more "no your at 2 star hot what do you expect?" Which in my eyes was rude! I don't care what star hotel I'm in I'd like clean towels. Food and drinks were cheap and were very nice an you never waited long for your food. Staff reasonably friendly. Good atmosphere :) good basic place to be!

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 7, 2013

We (a group of 12 lads) booked this hotel fully aware of what we were being offered. There was never any intention to stay in and around the hotel for long periods of time so we arrived at the Harriet content with what we received: simple rooms with the bare essentials that were cleaned daily (without fail). The prices around the pool area were great, too: a couple of Euro for something simple to eat after a night on the drink and a couple of Euro for a can of lager to get the next night started. Hotel was an easy walk away from the night life, restaurants and beach (5 minutes) but there was rarely an indication that were that close (never woken up by noise outside the hotel).

It didn't take us long, as a whole group, to get to know the staff (namely the owner and his son), who were both very friendly and forthcoming, and this lead to us spending a lot (a lot) more time around the pool area than we had anticipated. They were all happy to have a conversation and were always happy to help where they could (which included fixing a problem we had with our shower immediately). Getting to know the various people who work at the hotel made everything a lot easier: we were pointed to the better restaurants, told which clubs were worth our time, and given easy directions whenever we needed them. Never heard any moaning, even when people would come in early morning and sleep on the sunbeds or wait for the pool to reopen. Bit of friendly communication never hurt anyone.

Highly recommend.

Room Tip: Never talked to anyone who had a problem with the location of their room. Had pool-view and would re...
Reviewed August 5, 2013

When reading reviews before travelling to Kos and to the Harriet's I don't think I actually gathered that when people said 'basic' they meant basic i.e. bare essentials (kettle, fridge, bed and a toaster).
As a group of 6 we found our apartments to be clean and fit for purpose (a place to crash after a night out on the tiles). The shower had no curtain and had to be held by hand... therefore after use the bathroom practically flooded every-time you showered. Me and my friends decided that we wouldn't book anything with the hotel provided 'reps' and instead book expeditions with the most competitive price we could find out on the streets and from what we all gathered it was more cost effective to do so.
Kos as a place provided everything you need for a great holiday -- restaurants along the harbour front, great pubs down 'bar street', and what seemed like some amazing night-clubs (I say 'what seemed' because we only visited 1; Starlight). The apartments are just a two minute stroll away from the beach, night-clubs, the supermarket, restaurants and all the bars; which really do offer great prices for drinks; we found one bar to offer: one cocktail and five shots for just five Euros!
The biggest let down of the Harriets was simply that they didn't have safes in the rooms but, instead safety deposit boxes by the pool which I would strong advice everyone to get as the apartment next-door to the one which we stayed in was robbed of everything (money, passports and clothes) because they left their balcony door open. Also bedding and towels were not replaced or cleaned throughout the week we stayed which we found to be annoying as we had to clean the towels ourselves.
All-in-all we had a great time in Kos and at the Harriet's and people should not be put off by the initial shock of what the Harriet's actually look like because, in reality; it is just a place to sleep.

Room Tip: Strictly 18-30's and worthy of the 2 Star rating it has.
1  Thank HarrisonScholes
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Just stayed here with 11 other friends, and would definitely go back. The rooms are basic, but with the price and details from the travel agent, the rooms met up to everything expected. It is hard to find a complaint about the rooms. Great management and staff create a real sense of community and will go out of their way to ensure you enjoy your stay. In a great locations, 5 minute walk to both beach spots, a number of supermarkets and restaurants.

If you are looking for simple digs, close to everything in Kardamena for a very reasonable price, this place is a definite.

Room Tip: -South facing rooms face a busy road.
2  Thank MarcFeatherstone