Mitsis Blue Domes Resort & Spa
$136
$119
$199
  • Pool
Agrelli Hotel Imperial(Kardamena)(Great Value!)
$37
$35
$109
$64
Cleopatra Superior Hotel(Kardamena)(Great Value!)
$105
  • Breakfast included
Mammis Beach Studios(Kardamena)(Great Value!)
$51
  • Pool
Origin Hotel Apartments(Kardamena)(Great Value!)
$74
  • Restaurant
$97
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
No availability for your dates from our partners
3,470 results
All reviewssushipastrypittabooking systemblue domesa la carte restaurantsmain restaurantburger barsalt waterpita cornerthe lion kingburger innanimation teampool barbungalow roomice creamguest relations
Reviewed October 28, 2013

My boyfriend and I visited on 12th October for a week and we both really loved the hotel, and for what we paid we thought it was fantastic value.

The hotel was really beautiful, the complex of pools is really quite impressive, we had a seaview room and the view across the pool, out to sea and across to the mountains was really quite spectacular. The hotel was immaculately maintained, inside and out.

We both found the food to be excellent, the food in the main restaurant was of a good quality breakfast, lunch and dinner, lots of variety and all good quality, the freshly baked pizza’s were particularly yummy. We found that the extra restaurants made the holiday as this enabled us to have a change of scenery and was nice to have your food served to you. We visited the Italian, Greek, Creperie, Ouzeri, Beerhouse and Sushi restaurant and really enjoyed every meal.

The only thing that let this hotel down, I would say, is the evening entertainment. The old guy in the leather trousers playing his keyboard was not good, he didn’t seem to know the words - he really was awful. The main bar was also really bright at night, like it was some kind of canteen, with a bit of ambient lighting and someone pulling the plug on the guy’s keyboard the evenings would have much better.

There also seemed to be a lot of Russian guests at the hotel and they were extremely rude constantly pushing in, but that was not the fault of the hotel.

Overall I would say the days at this hotel were idyllic but we did feel at a bit of a loss as to what to do in the evenings, as the entertainment was so poor and the hotel was not close to the main town. I woudl have given this hotel 5 stars but because of this I only gave it 4

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 28, 2013

I booked a week at this hotel through Travelzoo, redirected to Luxury Inspired Escapes, redirected to Broadway Travel, then Olympic Holidays and on arrival it was Holidays 4 U...I believe this could be an important factor in what level of service you get!!
I travelled as a single parent with my 3 year old daughter and was looking for a holiday to suit both of us.
On arrival at the hotel (12.30am); we were told that the hotel was unfortunately overbooked and we would be placed in the Summer Palace for 1 night only. I was told there would be compensation for this and to come back in the morning for everything to be resolved. I really couldn't be bothered to argue; at the end of the day it wouldn't have made any difference and I had a very tired 3 year old to get to sleep. The Summer Palace is comfortable enough and the staff I met were very friendly; however, it is not anywhere near the standard of Blue Domes.
I had been given a map with details of my 'welcome party' the next morning and despite my daughter not really wanting to get up; I made it back to the hotel in time. However, the note just says 'room downstairs' and there are lots of rooms downstairs if you don't know your way around!
By the time I had found the reps room; Dougie (I found out his name later) had gone.

I made my way back to reception and was told I needed to see 'Guest Relations'. At first the girl I saw told me I could check in at 2pm; I pointed out that I had checked in the night before and just wanted to get on with my holiday. She just kept repeating herself so I asked to see a manager. She told me I could make an appointment to see one! There were other British people there and one couple said that they had been waiting for 4 days to see one. I did make a bit of a fuss and finally saw the man in charge of front desk (not sure what title he has!). He brought out a piece of paper that had been photocopied many times; the date of the original being 2011. This is something that happens on a regular basis and you have to sign a disclaimer at the bottom to say you will not seek any further compensation. I decided to take the services on offer as I just wanted to get on with our time there and forget about the issues. I was told we would be upgraded; however, I had already booked a room with a sea view so I don't think we were. I took the a la carte restaurant bookings, free excursion, used the free wi fi and the laundry service.
When I got the towel vouchers; it became a complete farce as they sent me down to the towel station only for me to find no one there. I went back up (read other reviews...steps/slope!) only to be told to go down to the beach. I asked if perhaps they could get them for me as my daughter was getting tired of all the walking; they obliged reluctantly. I had to go back to 'Guest Relation' to get my room info and key but due to them being busy; decided to get my daughter some lunch first. Big mistake...I left the towels on the chairs in Reception!! 30 mins later and I realised what had happened; they had gone and despite other members of staff confirming they'd seen them; I was made to feel like a real nuisance when I asked for more. The receptionist made a big deal of giving me more tokens and telling me I wouldn't get my 40 euros back (I did though!). We didn't get settled until around 4.30pm and I felt like we had wasted the first day of our holiday.
The main restaurant is ok but staff are hit and miss; it's also true they seem to have a teaspoon issue. I was actually told by one waitress that they didn't have any; after pleading I wanted one for my daughter to eat her dessert, another waiter got one for me but it was clearly inconvenient.
I didn't like to leave my daughter at the table alone so she had to follow me around while I gathered food and drink from the far flung places at breakfast time; not once did anyone offer help; in fact we were often in the way as they barged around scowling if you didn't move quick enough.
I thought the a la carte restaurants would offer some relief and on arrival at the Italian I was greeted by a very friendly waitress who made a fuss of my daughter and seated us at a nice table. The menu isn't vast but still ok and I asked if my daughter could have a small bowl of pasta while I ate my starter. This completely threw them and I was told that my starter was already prepared and they would have to cook the pasta as it's fresh...that's around 3 minutes where I come from! I said I would wait for my starter until hers was ready. 30 mins later and we still didn't have any food so I asked and she said 'it's coming soon'. It arrived a few minutes later and they had produced a big steaming bowl of spaghetti for my daughter; it was too hot and she was getting fed up as was I. I saw one of the restaurant managers standing at the front (Micklaus?)and asked him why this had taken so long. He then told me that I should expect to wait 15mins and that he knew what time I arrived...did I? I said yes; I arrived at 7.20 for a 7.30 booking. He then said but it depends when you ordered your food. I said I ordered at 7.30 and it had arrived at 8.05. He just shrugged his shoulders and said they were busy (they weren't). There were 2 other people with him, another manager and a chef. The chef was staring at me quite menacingly and I asked him why; the manager said 'he doesn't like what you're saying'. I then turned round to see our main courses had also been delivered at the same time; his response to this was to walk away. At that point I felt completely intimidated and no longer wanted to eat; I'm ashamed to say it made me cry. The other manager (Kosmas?) came over and was really apologetic. He asked me to come back the next day and he would make sure everything was ok. I pointed out that I already had restaurant bookings for the rest of the holiday and quite frankly, wasn't looking forward to any of them. However, he promised to make sure all was well and to his word; our other evenings were fine.
I finally met Dougie the rep and his jaded attitude said it all; I asked if the Russians had the same issues and he said 'what do you think?!' He was only interested in the excursions and had no comment on issues that the guests were having.

Other negatives:
My mini bar was re-stocked no problem; however, it took 4 calls and 2 visits to reception to get a bottle opener by day 3. Other guests had the bottle opener but no drinks.
Towel man - catch him while you can! You have to ask for the nicer towels; he prefers to dish out the tatty ones.
Children's club - great facilities; under staffed but Eleni was fabulous. She had one day off and the place was shut! I didn't want to leave my daughter unattended but I wouldn't recommend you do as there would not be sufficient supervision and no checks on numbers etc.
Bars - I challenge you to get a glass of milk for your child after 10.30pm! Save yourself the effort and go to Reception (this is where you will finally be sent).
Pools - freezing and although the kids pool is relatively shallow and freshwater; there are no steps so couldn't acclimatize to the cold gradually.
Staff - Main restaurant and Reception mostly rude/indifferent but lovely in the snack bars (a lesson for the management if they can be bothered).

Positives:
Lovely room and excellent cleaning staff (also very friendly and smiley).
Kids club - apart from comments above; great place and lots to do.
Animation team - Brilliant...we're still singing and dancing to the mini disco routines one month on and the shows were great fun; it didn't matter one bit to us that they were miming!
Food - excellent at snack bars; a la carte ok and main restaurant mediocre. Shame I didn't know about the pizza oven on the terrace (found out from other guests on last night!)
Staff - there are some good people there but they are in the minority...such a shame.

I got the impression that if you booked with Thomas Cook; you were less likely to encounter any problems so beware if you like me; looked for a last minute bargain. I've stayed in many 5 star hotels before but never experienced such bad attitude and level of service. I won't be returning.

Room Tip: OUr room was fine (241); no issues other than lack of bottle opener and noise of furniture being moved very early in the morning (every day)!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Debbie S
Reviewed October 26, 2013

We arrived at 11pm and were offered a good range of dinner which was lovely!
This hotel is big but seriously well run! There are so many pools that it never felt that busy even in peek summer. The food was really tasty and the staff very helpful.

I am a vegetarian and would have loved it if the vegetarian dishes could have been labelled so, but not a huge issue.

The hotel was exceptionally clean and the room was plenty big enough for the 4 of us.
This holiday was a much needed break for the whole family. It was a real treat to be able to choose when and where to eat as part of the all inc package.

The best part was the beach. We spent most of our time snorkeling and hand feeding fish bread. Incredible!

This holiday offers practicality and luxury.
A great time was had by all. We would definitely consider going back.

Room Tip: no need to spend extra on a room, the family rooms are plenty big enough.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Natalie N
Reviewed October 25, 2013

My wife and myself stayed at the Blue Domes at the beginning of September. I have waited a while before I wrote my review, to let the holiday glow wear off. We had a great holiday and the problem is that if you have a good holiday you write a great review and if you have a bad holiday, which can be no fault of the hotel you stayed in, you will write a bad review. Balance and fairness are sometimes hard to achieve.

Enough here is my review.

We liked the hotel. Our room was to the right of the main reception, which meant we had a great view across the straights to Turkey. The room was spotless and the bed was very comfortable. The mini bar was stocked everyday, if we had used something it was replaced, if we hadn't it wasn't. We loved the glass wall onto the balcony. It really brought the light and the view into the room. The decor was light and modern, everything worked. Storage space was a little lacking, but we managed and the wet room combined with the toilet took getting use to. If you have one and use it remember to move the toilet paper.
We loved the food and restaurants, so much choice. The Greek, Asian and Italian were first class. Service was exemplary and it was nice to be waited on. We also liked the Pitta Corner for a traditional Gyro and the burger bar was very good for a snack. The main restaurant had plenty of choice and we always found something to eat, whether it was breakfast, lunch or dinner. You have to queue at times, but this keeps things more orderly inside. If everyone was allowed in at once, no one would get anything.
The drinks were good, not premium brands, but you knew you had had them. We rarely went to bed before 2.30, the atmosphere was that convivial. Thanks to all the people we shared a chat with and who made the evenings fly by. We were usually served at our table, so did not prop up the bar that often.
Most of our days were spent on the beach. A bit of a walk from our room, but it gave us chance to catch up with some people from the night before as we meandered down through the resort. The animation team did a good job, suitable low key, but always on hand if you wanted to partake of some activity or other.
We walked into Kardamena a couple of times. Be warned it will take around an hour. Plenty to see on the way and the Banana Beach Bar is just in the right place for a cool off before you hit the shops. Cold beer in a chilled glass, perfect on a hot day. We also liked the Garden Cafe & Cocktail Bar. A lovely old building, great service and atmosphere and good food and drink.
I can also recommend getting the bus from the front of the hotel in to Kos Town. Kos Town Has a lot to offer from shops to ancient ruins. A friendly place. We had a lovely snack in a cafe in the main square, a women's collective ran it. Aeoli Cafe it you want to try it.

In conclusion the hotel is good. I don't think it does itself any favours calling itself a 5 star+, I think some people expect too much. We have stayed in lots of hotels and we thought it one of the best. It looked great and delivered on the promise, for use. Of course I won't pretend it is perfect. It could do with a few improvements, such as light bulbs replacing, but when you consider the footfall over the course of the season and the fact it is us guests that tend to break things, they don't do bad. Thanks to all the staff for making our holiday such a memorable one.

Room Tip: If you like a great view, try and get in the 200 block, top of the hill.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Martintravels9
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Thank you Blue Domes. I've spent two weeks in this hotel and it was very perfect time. The hotel is good, the food excelent and the animation team the best of all!
The all animation team helped to spend our holiday very fine in this two weeks ! Thank You all!!!

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family