“Ignore the bad reviews...”

Mitsis Blue Domes Resort & Spa
Ranked #3 of 39 Hotels in Kardamena
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Stayed here for ten days with my husband, parents, 3 year old and 5 month old. After reading these reviews I was petrified about what to expect...I neednt have worried, the hotel is beautiful.

The food is brilliant, we have travelled all over and this food was some of the best we have had.

The hotel is in a stunning location, how can you complain about the slopes and steps when the brochures clearly state this?

The pools were a little cold, however again the brochure does say they are freshwater!

I honestly think some of the reviews are awful and people just like to moan....the staff truly were so kind and helpful, they were child friendly and always smiling! Special mention to jimmy and theo who were brilliant!

Don't listen to the moaners....this hotel is something special! The only negative I have is about the guest relations lady, I did find her unhelpful and rude...however she didn't affect our trip! We will be back!!!

4  Thank WarwickshireSmiley
Write a ReviewReviews (3,425)

Reviewed September 15, 2013

We travelled with 3 adults and 4 children, from the moment we arrived the reception staff were brilliant, very polite and helpful (ignore all negative comments about staff). Our luggage was sent to our rooms while we leisurely looked around, we found our rooms quite easily. We had a bungalow room which was spacious, two showers, very clean, fridge was filled, fruit when we arrived and a bottle of wine, our room was gorgeous, with a swimming pool just outside. The beach was great, (we went there first thing in the morning, we had no trouble finding beds for us. The children loved snorkling and feeding the fish with bread, we enjoyed all the food around the beach and the drinks were brilliant. Absolutely no problem with staff, all friendly and helpful. Please try the sushi (fab) and the main restaurant was really good, the kids loved it all. The Organ man in the evening was funny and we all joined in with his songs.. I cant wait to go there again. Didnt mind the salt water at all, we took goggles but didnt really need them. No ear infections which is a bonus, this is the first time my son hasnt had an ear infection.. Please ignore the negative comments we all loved our holiday. Thanks Mitsis blue domes

Room Tip: The bungalow room is plenty big enough, two adults, two children aged 15 and 14
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank debivy64
Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

Having stayed at the hotel some 12 months previous, I knew what I was in for, a great resort and experience.
Upon arrival, we were advised that we were having our room booking upgraded for free, as I was a returning customer, sweet.
The food options are unbeatable and unbelievable. The quality is superb as is the service. Yes there is queuing of you arrive for a meal towards the end of the restaurant opening times, but the queues are small and go down quickly. The events team are brilliant, they work so hard and are so polite. The room cleanliness is brilliant, with sheets and towels changed daily. The drinks in tge minibar are replaced daily for free. Ok, you've already paid for it!!
The pools are wonderful, not busy at all, as there are so many of them. The beach is rough shingle and I would have hoped they would have imported some sand by now.
Other elements to be improved, the areas under the bridges over the pools could do with a clean in places withe debris building up, but unles you're under the bridge you wouldn't see it. The shower, well one of them as there are 2 in the room, does have a rendancy to flood the room and it takes ages to drain away. Erm I'm now struggling to find anything else to say could be improved!!
The staff are excellent throughout. The reception staff wil help you with transport if you can not get up the slopes or stairs, its just a phone call away.
The hotel is excellent and is one I shall be returning to in the future!!!!!

2  Thank Ants16
Reviewed September 14, 2013

We stayed for two weeks at the end of August as a family of four.

The hotel itself has lovely facilities and is stunning, however it didn't deliver to it's five star plus status.

On arrival our toilet was unclean and my daughters sheets were dirty. You had to get up at 5 am if you wanted a spot around the pool and if you dared ask the pool towel man for towels you were greeted by a rude response. Throughout our stay I found the cleanliness of our room quite poor. The restaurant/canteen was far too busy to enjoy breakfast, lunch or dinner. I found myself hunting round every day for spoons or breakfast bowls. We also found some of the staff very rude. Ironically when the big boss was dining in the restaurant one evening the service greatly improved.

One evening my husband politely asked on the second day running if someone could please restock our mini bar and was confronted by a very rude worker who was openly rude in front of the reception desk who said nothing.

On a positive note the food was very good, the entertainment staff were excellent in particular Zuzzu and Raddo. The restaurants on the beach were lovely and an amazing selection of pools.

This hotel could be fantastic if improvements in service were made.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank V P
Reviewed September 14, 2013

Just got back from a week at the blue domes, wonderful views, lovely room, very good restaurants, service and food.yes the wine could be improved, or offer a choice of wines at a small cost. The hotel is on a hill and not suitable for people who have difficultly with steps. Yes the pools were cold at first but once in, it was fine. Special mention for Victoria on the front desk and anastasia at the Italian restaurant. Both these ladies were always smiling and very professional, as we're the majority of the staff. Definitely would return and recommend this hotel

Room Tip: We stayed in a bungalow 325, ground floor, had a sea view. Lovely gardens and quiet.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Denise D
Reviewed September 14, 2013

My husband and I are just back from a week at the Blue Domes 5th-13th Sept 2013. We are very lucky and have done a few all inclusive holidays before and stayed a few 5* hotels and I can definitely say this hotel is NOT 5* its 4* at best and certainly not 5*+ as they promote themselves.

We arrived at 2am Greek time due to a delay from Glasgow and by the time we got to the hotel it was 4am. We had endured a bus journey from a Thomas Cook Rep who very kindly read her script to us on the bus and dished out postcards with details of our rep meeting the following day- she was annoyed - we were tired, it was 3am so give her the benefit of the doubt.

When we checked in with about 10 other parties there was no refreshment after our journey just a rather harassed receptionist who checked everyone in - this took roughly 40 mins- which was painful to watch as he told everyone the same thing! Our room was nearby so we didn't get escorted to our room we trundled along with our cases and found it ourselves.

Our room was lovely, clean and well looked after. We were on a shared pool basis that means you open you balcony door and step out to the pool - ground floor obviously.

Why this isn't a 5*+ hotel
Poor service - really poor service in the bar, the staff seemed to like making things difficult and take forever (20mins average) before a drink arrived.
Surly reception staff- we needed a late check out as our flight was 2am (thanks for that Thomas Cook) we were "allowed" our room until 8pm which was kind of them, not so kind was the €10 per hour fee we had to pay. so €80 for a shower - we didn't have to pay this I acknowledge but another example of not keeping the customer at the centre of what you do - surely the focus of a hotel?
€20 deposit EACH for towels -just in case you want to steal a shabby towel it will cost you €20 each! this is an inconvenience at best.
Mini-bar - re-stocked on an ad-hoc basis - why? All inclusive means you have already paid you aren't getting thing for free the mini bar should be well stocked daily - not every other day and with a few things replaced - I expect fresh water, soft drinks and beers replenished.
Portions - I am not a greedy person who expects American sized servings - but when asking for a beer at the pool bar - to get it in a water cooler sized cup is unacceptable. I appreciate for safety you need plastic - but maybe even a tall plastic glass would do- I repeat All Inclusive means you have already paid not its free!!!
No Wi-Fi come on its 2013 this should be in all the rooms not one tiny area of the hotel at intermittent strengths.
Spa - there is a cost for this which is fair enough, however €80 for a 40min treatment anywhere is a con.

There are lots of positives about this place despite the above, the views are lovely and its generally a nice place to stay the food was good, I am vegetarian and the choice was great- the options were wide ranging. The overall cleanliness was good and I know some other reviews have mentioned it was noisy but we were lucky in that we were in a more secluded area.

This is a nice hotel and would offer a good week away - maybe my expectations were too high but I think they let themselves down on some of the basics - which is such as shame as this place has the potential to be really good.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank MrsW101
Reviewed September 13, 2013

Hotel is set in a nice location, but in the middle of nowhere. The front desk staff is really rude and unprofessional ! The front desk staff gives the hotel map to the customers checking in leaving them to find their own room. It took me 45 minutes to hunt down my room with no help from the hotel staff.

Lucky , I didn't book my stay during peak season as I can expect the level of service to be well below the standard.

3  Thank harrywin
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kardamena
Mitsis Norida Beach Hotel
Astir Odysseus Resort & Spa
Mitsis Summer Palace Beach Hotel
Mitsis Family Village Beach Hotel
Aqua Blu Boutique Hotel + Spa
Michelangelo Resort and Spa

Been to Mitsis Blue Domes Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!