First off I would like to say that I've never stayed at a five star resort before so have nothing to compare this resort with but if there are better places to stay then I want to go to them because this place was fantastic.
We stayed here as a family of four, my wife, my two daughters aged 11 & 9 and myself in may 2013, first impressions were of a fantastic looking hotel set in wonderful landscaped grounds.
Check in was very easy, we were then driven to our room by a golf buggy along with our luggage which was taken to the room by our driver. The room which had a garden view was very spacious for the four of us, the bathroom was massive and had a freestanding shower and bath with a shower over which was ideal with a family.
The mini bar was restocked every single day although the times varied every day depending on which block they started in first. The rooms were kept very clean and the maids even positioned my daughters toys in various positions every day which amused her no end, a lovely touch.
The pools are vast and it's nice to be able to move from one pool to another on different days, the only grumbles I have we're the conditions of the floors in the pools, they have a lot of tiles missing which was a bit of a hazard and they are sea water which caused my children's skin to be come very sore and cracked( little tip make sure you wash the water off when you get out of the pool under the showers dotted around to prevent drying out ).
The food was lovely and a great choice every day, the main restaurant was great and has a wonderful view from the veranda where we ate all the time, the staff where friendly despite being worked like slaves and running around like fools. The little bars around the main pool and bar were ideal for dinner time and were nice to try something different which my children loved.
I must admit that if you're not fit or able to climb stairs or hills this is not the place for you, the entertainment is very amateur and not at all what I would have expected of a five star resort despite this it kept the children amused and a special mention to the keyboard player in the evenings at the main bar who wasn't the best singer but his piano skills were fine and he gave us loads of laughs and was always very chatty.
We would defiantly stay here again and I would recommend this to all my friends and family, Greece is a very laid back country and they have one speed so they don't get things done very quick but that just makes this a very relaxing place for a holiday to sit around, eating, drinking and soaking up the sun.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The absolute ultra all-inclusive five-star beach resort in Kos, BLUE DOMES RESORT & SPA, only 7 km away from the traditional village Kardamena, is the quintessence of luxurious holidays. In its 499 rooms, the resort offers numerous choices - from standard guestrooms and bungalows to maisonettes and villas with a private pool. The swimming pools, which are throughout the entire resort, measure a total length of 650m. There are also 10 restaurants, 7 bars, water slides, a playground, interior leisure rooms (a library, a painting room, a music room, puppet theater, a projection room and a relaxation room), an internet corner, tennis courts, a mini soccer court, a conference hall, with a capacity of 500 people and an amphitheater with a capacity of 800 people, a Wellness Spa to relax your body and soul - all together make up the perfect setting for unforgettable holidays. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity and Orbitz so you can book your Mitsis Blue Domes Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mitsis Blue Domes Hotel Kardamena
- Mitsis Blue Domes Resort And Spa
- Mitsis Blue Domes Resort & Spa Kos/Kardamena