Mitsis Blue Domes Resort & Spa
Agrelli Hotel Imperial(Kardamena)(Great Value!)
$56
$48
$101
$78
$144
  • Pool
Cleopatra Superior Hotel(Kardamena)(Great Value!)
$122
$176
  • Breakfast included
Mammis Beach Studios(Kardamena)(Great Value!)
$50
Argiri Hotel(Kardamena)(Great Value!)
$61
$45
  • Restaurant
$144
3,473 results
All reviewssushipastrypittabooking systemblue domesa la carte restaurantsmain restaurantburger barsalt waterpita cornerthe lion kingburger innanimation teampool barbungalow roomice creamguest relations
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Just returned from our 2 week family holiday and extremely disappointed. You will receive better value for money, service and food quality in a 3 star Spanish hotel. Definitely not a 5 star experience. Let me share a typical day with you.

Day in the life of Blue Domes
- 6am up still can't get a sun bed as others reserved them at night before going to bed,
- 8am queue for breakfast 20 deep, only 1 restaurant open and tables reserved for 'the boss'
- breakfast fry everything, if its not already out you can't have it. I have never stayed in a 5 star hotel who refuse to even poach an egg for you,
- 9am queue for 90 mins if you would like fresh beach towels, there are of course no beds available even if you could get a towel,
- 1pm, group of 9 debate where we should go for lunch. Whilst the 6 pool restaurants are connected to each other, you cannot sit in one and order from another, or have a take away, so burgers for all, or sushi for all,
- cool off by the many salt water pools, they are so cold the kids turn blue and can't play in them, or they are sick from the high salt levels,
- Ala Carte restaurants all have set menu, 3 starters and 3 mains. Its the same menu for lunch and dinner so you will exhaust the menu after 2 days. Again very inflexible, if its not on the menu you can't have it, pasta with sauce but they won't add chicken or ham or extra spice,
- the best part if the dinning experience morning noon and night in all restaurants including the main restaurant is dining with the many wild cats that are allowed to prowl around the restaurants eating from the floor and even a table on one occasion. The staff and management do nothing to discourage this and accept this is part of the Blue Domes experience. Despite the cats we still had rat droppings outside our room. Also ignore the 'dress code' as it doesn't exist. I could upload multiple pictures of guest in restaurants waring vest tops and football shorts, unbelievable,
- none of the restaurants have a children's menu yet claim to be children friendly,
- 9pm loose another hour of your holiday as you queue to book an Ala Carte restaurant for 2 days time. The machine opens at 10pm, however if your not in the queue for 9pm forget it,
- 10:15 evening entertainment is Careoke in the show bar which is like being in Neptune's at the Solanos resort out of the TV show Benidorm.
- Alternatively you can go to the main bar and listen to the many hits played by the keyboard player which reminded me of going to Blackpool Tower ballroom as a boy,
- finally you can wait up to an hour for your drink to arrive, so my tip is order your drink then queue to book your restaurant,
- 11:15 give up waiting for your drink to arrive and head back to your room, which remains tricky as the light bulbs which were reported as not working on day 1 and every day thereafter remain broken and out of action after 2 weeks, so avoid room 301,
- try to get a drink from your mini bar, only to find it remains empty and still hasn't been replenished,
- Off to bed setting the alarm for 6am when I hope to reserve a sun bed for the day.
Groundhog Day and it starts again.

Last point to note is unless you are physically fit avoid this resort as it is built on a hill and you could have to negotiate a min of 100 steps to go from your room to the main restaurant,

Definitely not a 5 star experience as an experienced traveller. Avoid this hotel would be my recommendation. If you have already booked you have my sympathy.

Stephen Grenfell
s-grenfell@sky.com

24  Thank Stephen G
Reviewed July 31, 2013

I admit that I was nervous before I went as a few negative reviews had emerged since we booked. However, my fears were unfounded. The hotel was beautiful and catered for everybody. Our 7 yr old girl was entertained all day at Kids Club with crafts, cooking, games, Greek lessons etc (special thanks to Vasia and Elaynia), our 8 yr old son enjoyed the entertainment team led sports including the Olympics, football, obstacle races, water park trips, tennis etc (thanks Zuzu and Claudiu). This left my husband and I free to enjoy hours of R & R during the day and the odd cocktail!

We (over)ate 9 times at the specialty restaurants and highly recommend them all. The menus are quite authentic, the ingredients very fresh and the presentation superb. The buffet restaurant offers a good choice but we do prefer a long leisurely meal and to be served at the table hence our preference for the other restaurants.

Our experience of the service was very good. If you smile and are polite and friendly, you get looked after very well. Drinks were topped up before your glass was even empty. The best service of all was in the Beereria. He is such a happy chap!

The evening entertainment was lively and a good standard for a hotel. The children loved it. Ausra, Hanna, Valentina and all of the evening entertainers were so friendly and talented (most of them are qualified school teachers and certainly know how to entertain children).

We did get sunbeds everyday but I understand some people struggled. There is a lot of empty terrace space around the 14 pools so perhaps the hotel ought to invest in some more. The pool cups are also a bit flimsy and blow over if not held. However, in the grand scheme of things, this is a minor complaint.

If you want entertainment, you can find it. If you want a serene afternoon by the pool, you can find that too!

I give this 9/10 as a good value, family hotel.

5  Thank MissXUk
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Don't be put off by the variety of bad reviews about this resort. We went with open minds and were not disappointed! The room we had was spacious and very clean. The maids worked extremely hard and were all lovely. The choice of food in the main hotel was incredible and there were also four a la carte restaurants that you had to book. As we had booked with Thomas cook we had to go to the guest relations desk and were usually able to book up at least two restaurants in a row. These were Greek, Italian, Mexican and Asian and were pretty good.

The other eateries that we frequented during the day were the sushi place, pitta corner, burger place, German place, mezzi place and creperie. The staff, particularly jimmy in the creperie was lovely and was always smiling!

The pool bar was nice to sit at but the beer was Bavarian and quite gassy, they were served in small plastic cups which wasn't so good. The cocktails were a hit or miss but drinkable!

The setting for the hotel was beautiful with lovely views over the Aegean Sea.

Overall a lovely relaxing holiday. Would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Try and get a room down by the a la carte restaurants and beach.
5  Thank gillbunny
Reviewed July 30, 2013

I had a lovely time at Blue Domes thanks to the wonderful animationteam! Special thanks to Claudiu and Valentina. The Teenagers Club suprised me every day, thanks to them. I made lots of friends and had a holiday I will never forget. I loved the shows and their version of Alladin was just fantastic :) My holiday couldn't have been better and that's all because of the AMAZING animation team! A perfect example of how people of all over the world can be one team and make a change for others :) Thank you Claudiu, Valentina, Hanna, Ausra, Katya, Maku, Matt, Rado, Mirko, Ninja, Vanina and Zuzu :)

2  Thank Ellen S
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Wer were there in late June/early July and as a family with a 6 and 7 yr old in tow we thought it was excellent. I think some people who have written poor reviews have had bad experiences (which you can get anywhere) were maybe unlucky or that their expectations of a greek 5 Star were unrealsitic.

We arrived late at night were escorted by buggy to our very clean, very spacious Bungalow which was modern and although not situated right next to a pool was a very short walk from all amenities. The only fault I would have is that as the holiday went on the mini bar was less regularly filled with beers but all other drinks were restocked. I then found out this was becuase some other guests (I wont name the common nationality here) were waiting on the drinks guy and commandeering extra bottles of beer - I witnessed this myself and complained to reception but the family had already checked out. As it was only a 2 min walk to the bar it didnt worry me greatly anyway and i liked chatiing with the guys on the pool bar as they were a good laugh. On one day we did not get new towels but as soon as i called recption they arrived in literally 2 minutes.

The food was excellent, we spent much of the time in the buffet and breakfast/lunch was plentiful, lots of choice and many dishes freshly cooked by the chef's in front of you. My kids are not fussy eaters anyway and enjoyed all on offer but still loved the stone fired Pizza, pastas and puddings. One tip - do not go to breakfast after 9am as it gets very busy and a queue is always there, go slightly earlier and it is much better. the eateries by the pool bar are also excellent especially Pitta Place, Burger Bar and the Ice Cream/Crep place (cant remember it's name). A la cartes were very good too especially Italian, Mexican and Asian - another tip is to ask for a bottle of wine as it gets very busy, also try and eat before 8pm as gets busy then too.

The Beach was great as the sun loungers were very comfy but for us the Kids Club - Mitsis Wonderland - was a god send as our kids loved it there and gave us some peace and quiet to relax. It has it's own pools and slides and the young girls runningit were great with the kids. They could play, paint/draw, watch movies, play games and they even took them to the waterpark at Summer Palace (with parental consent).

The hotel is a lovely place and I find it hard to fault, you even get used to the strong winds that prevail (kkeps you cool but hang on to your stuff) and the various deep saltwater pools. The bars were all good although drinking too many locally brewed spirits may play havoc with your stomch lining, as i found out! You get used to when each bar is open/closed and can go between each from 10am to 1pm if you so wish.

It is a principle of ours not to go someowhere twice but my wife, kids and I would all go back again - next year if possible!

Room Tip: Depends on your party demographic. Bungalows have more room but not always a pool right outside. the suites look brilliant but guess are pricey. We had a sea view which was nice and on the higher level to keep bugs and creepy crawlies at bay - not that we saw many at all.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family