I thought I arrived in the middle of a storm, but in fact was usual weather in Kos! The Danish people would consider themselves lucky after a visit in this place. WINDY, STORMY at it's best!
I didn't sleep a night! At least the wind turbines on the hill above didn't stopped a minute! :)
The food in the main restaurant didn't impress me at all. Just pork and chicken and only fried Pangasius as fish. No lamb or beef, except liver. You can still make reservations to other restaurants if you sit on a queue after 10 PM.
The cluster of pools are lovely, but are filled with cold sea water and all are 1.40m deep so if you have small kids, it's not the place for you. If you enjoy beer, you'll find a bar just in the middle of the pools. Order 4 to 6, as they serve it in small plastic 'glasses' and keep them carefully as the wind is always present! :)
The sea water is fine and clear, surprisingly cold for end of July, almost like the one in Corfu but not so attractive for snorkeling as the sea bed is dull, except some sewing pipes lost there.
Even if they state that canoes and pedal boats are available free of charge, they will not aloud you to use them for your own safety due to wind (even if the wind calms down), but you can spend your money on other water sports (engine operated). For windsurfing they ask for a certificate, but you can find one on the net.
To get a deck chair close to the sea, get up early and reserve it with a towel, as the Russians do! As a conclusion, if you have kids 8 to 12 y.o. who can enjoy the pools and are not charged supplementary, if you already seen the famous locations, if you enjoy beer and plenty of food and finally get a very good offer for this resort, then it's the right place for you! PS: take some headsets to hear the music, not the wind, have a beer and lot of fun! The entertainment team is really good! :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The absolute ultra all-inclusive five-star beach resort in Kos, BLUE DOMES RESORT & SPA, only 7 km away from the traditional village Kardamena, is the quintessence of luxurious holidays. In its 499 rooms, the resort offers numerous choices - from standard guestrooms and bungalows to maisonettes and villas with a private pool. The swimming pools, which are throughout the entire resort, measure a total length of 650m. There are also 10 restaurants, 7 bars, water slides, a playground, interior leisure rooms (a library, a painting room, a music room, puppet theater, a projection room and a relaxation room), an internet corner, tennis courts, a mini soccer court, a conference hall, with a capacity of 500 people and an amphitheater with a capacity of 800 people, a Wellness Spa to relax your body and soul - all together make up the perfect setting for unforgettable holidays. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Mitsis Blue Domes Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mitsis Blue Domes Hotel Kardamena
- Mitsis Blue Domes Resort And Spa
- Mitsis Blue Domes Resort & Spa Kos/Kardamena