Having spent a considerable length of time researching our holiday destination we actually had originally booked the Norida Hotel next door as the Blue Domes would have worked out so much more expensive for our week away for the four of us. We had read in previous Trip Advisor reviews that holidays makers had sometimes been upgraded to the Blue Domes and had raved how good it was. Anyhow we had it planned we were in the Norida and that was to be our holiday. However on check in we got told " Good news you have been upgraded to our sister hotel The Blue Domes !" our initial thought was , Here we go !! BUT disappointed we were not.
We had two rooms our daughters stayed in one and we stayed in the other ours being within a stones throw of the beach. The Hotel is spotlessly clean , The rooms are equally well maintained sheets are crisp and beds are comfortable. Both rooms had two showers one within the bath and a wet room attached with shower, enabling the two of us to shower at the same time . The rooms are well air conditioned and the mini bar is stocked daily of beer , water, pepsi and seven up. As far as a previous comment on here states " we found opened bottle of wine in the room" Had these people been educated in 5* Hotels they would have realised that this was a complimentary bottle of red wine left in the room along side the complimentary fruit. The rooms were not equipped with a bottle opener so the cork had been removed and placed back in enabling the wine to be drunk ! complimentary wine was in both rooms , a nice touch !
The food was amazing with plenty of choice breakfast lunch and dinner .People have stated its repetitive maybe, but every night there was a choice of chicken, pork, beef ( which was amazing !) fish, pizza, pasta, rice, potatoes, always a vegetarian hot dish , chips and a salad bar which was fresh and plentiful . Deserts which consisted of a variety of cakes, fruit and ice cream. What do these people eat at home ? what more could you ask for ? breakfast was equally hard to choose from with freshly cooked omelets to your liking by the most smiley happy chef, pancakes, everything you could possibly want. Yes sometime the queue for the restaurant was busy but we waited no more than 5 minutes throughout the whole week .They have 3 speciality restaurants and it is hard to get a reservation but allocation slots are open from 10pm so if you really want a table your get one! . The Hotel does have alot of Russians and German that can be quiet rude and pushy!.
Sun beds are few and far between but we managed always to get one , be it round the pool or the beach whichever we fancied that day.
The bar staff where fantastic Kostas and the whole team where just lovely thank you all so much. The animation team worked hard and the show every night was not the best , but they looked like they where enjoying themselves and where so enthusiastic.
A highlight of the night was a 1am pancake made freshly for you. Thank you Jimmy for looking after us and bringing us our evening tipple !
The only slight downside of the holiday is that the island is quite windy which I had never read in any previous reviews... apparently they are having unusual high winds there this year, and also there are lots of steps ( 48 ! ) up to reception and the main restaurant , but this didn't cause us a problem.
All in all the hotel is very good, would I go ahead and book this hotel first off next time ?,most defiantly .
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Mitsis Blue Domes Exclusive Resort & Spa in Kardamena is a 5* plus hotel opened in 2010 and is nestled at the foot of Mount Dikeos and overlooking a sweeping beach. An incredible range of leisure facilities, superb cuisine and 499 beautifully furnished guest rooms, bungalows, villas, family rooms and maisonettes, combine to make an ideal holiday hideaway for discerning ravelers. ACCOMMODATION: Tasteful and Elegant luxury The Mitsis Blue Domes Exclusive Resort & Spa offers a total of 499 luxurious and tastefully appointed rooms that combine simple elegance and sublime views catering to every wish. Rooms include 114 Double Rooms Sea View, 65 Double Rooms with Individual Pool, 235 Sea View & Pool View Bungalows, 48 Family Rooms, 32 maisonettes, 3 Villas and 2 Suites. All rooms are surrounded by incredible gardens and more than 12 shared pools to relax and enjoy. The room decoration and style uses earthy colours, marble floors, wooden furniture and wooden roofs in most rooms. This resort is designed to surpass the expectations of any customer. RESTAURANTS AND BARS: Tasty treats all day and night The hotel offers numerous gastronomic delights throughout the day (07:00-01:00) at no extra charge. At all bars, a large variety of alcoholic drinks, hors d'oeuvres, snacks, ice cream and soft drinks are offered generously. Also, at the restaurants, beer, wine, ouzo, as well as freshly squized juices and soft drinks are served. Main restaurant All meals in the main restaurant are served in a show cooking buffet style. Also every night, guests have the possibility to taste specialties from Greek and international cuisine, such as Italian, Asian and Mexican in the 4 à la carte restaurants. Furthermore, 6 more restaurants are available during day time offering a variety of meals such as burgers, pita gyro, sushi, traditional Greek delicacies, beer house and a pastry corner. Early breakfast: 04:00 - 07:00 Continental (upon request) Breakfast time: 07:00 - 10:00 American Buffet Late breakfast: 10:00 - 10:30 Continental BuffetBreakfast room service: 07:30 - 10:00 Lunch: 12:30 - 14:30 Complete Buffet Dinner: 18:30 - 21:30 Complete Buffet Late arrivals: 22:30 - 24:00 selection of salads & hot dishes 24:00 - 02:00 selection of salads • Espresso and cappuccino served during breakfast. • Freshly squeezed orange juice during breakfast. • Pita station at the beach offering traditional homemade pies. • Ice cream cart offering cone ice cream around the pools and the beach (Mid June- Mid Sept) Dinner dress code: formal is optional, casual smart is required, shorts, vests or open toe shoes for men are not allowed. Ellinadiko à la carte restaurant Ellinadiko offers our guests the opportunity to taste the Greek food culture. Opening hours: dinner (19:00-21:30) Table reservation: required Italian à la carte restaurant Freshly made Italian favourites! Opening hours: for lunch (12:30-14:30) and dinner (19:00-21:30) Table reservation: required Mexican à la carte restaurant Superb Tex-Mex cuisine! Opening hours: for dinner only (19:00-21:30) Table reservation: required Asian à la carte restaurant Indulge in authentic Asian cuisine! Opening hours: for dinner only (19:00-21:30) Table reservation: required Sushi Opening hours: 12:30 - 20:30 (last order 20:00) Burger Juicy burgers! Opening hours: 12:30 - 20:30 (last order 20:00) Beeraria Opening hours: 12:30 - 20:30 (last order 20:00) Ouzeri Taste the famous Greek “mezes” (tapas) with a glass of ouzo and a large variety of Sea food specialties! Opening hours: 12:30 - 20:30 (last order 20:00) Pitta corner Taste the traditional pitta bread souvlaki and gyros! Opening hours: 12:30 - 20:30 (last order 20:00) Traditional action cooking pitta station Opening hours: 10:30 - 17:30 Pastry corner Sweet pleasures! Opening hours: 10:30 - 01:30 (last order 01:00) Selected tea assortments are uniquely served on glass floor at the indoor pool from 16:00 till 19:00. Beach bar Opening hours: 10:00 - 18:00 (last order 17:30) Island pool bar Opening hours: 10:00 - 01:00 (last order 00:30) Garden pool bar Opening hours: 10:00 - 18:00 (last order 17:30) Lobby bar Opening hours: 10:00 - 23:00 (last order 22:30) Night bar with live music Opening hours: 18:00 - 01:00 (last order 00:30) Theatre bar Opening hours: during the animation shows Also we offer: • Traditional barbeque style “souvlaki” served at the tennis pool bar daily. • Waiter Service around the pools. • Waiter Service at the beach. Drinks In all the restaurants, during meals an unlimited selection of drinks is offered, such as wines, draft beer, soft drinks, water, etc. In the bars an unlimited variety of national and international alcoholic beverages, including ouzo, brandy, cocktails, draft beer, soft drinks, coffee, refreshments and juices are on offer. Lunch baskets & early breakfast • All guests on excursions can exchange their meal with a lunch basket. Please note that orders need to be placed before 20:00 the previous day at the main restaurant. • Continental breakfast is available for early departures between 04:00 and 07:00 only upon request. OTHER F&B SERVICES: always at your service Room service Opening hours: 07:30 - 24:00 (last order 23:30) Guests can order breakfast, lunch or dinner to be delivered in the room from the available menu at an extra charge of €10,00 per tray. Mini bar Wine and a selection of fruit are available upon arrival. Also, the mini bar is refilled daily with beers, soft drinks and bottles of mineral water free of charge. SPORTS & ENTERTAINMENT: moments of spontaneous fun and adventure A variety of facilities for the whole family is available. Built with families in mind, we offer a range of free sports and recreational facilities within the hotel’s grounds. SWIMMING: splash around…. Guests of all ages can choose between the 12 outdoor seawater pools and the beautiful pebble beach. Umbrellas and sun beds are available free of charge. Beach towels are also available, however a refundable deposit of €20,00 per towel is required. JUST FOR KIDS: a complimentary programme for kids No matter how old your children are they are sure to have a great time at the Blue Domes Wonderland, the place where also our mascots, live. The Mini Club keeps children entertained during the day, providing a safe and friendly atmosphere with supervision. Daily games for the young ones from 4 to 7 years old from 10:00 to 17:00 and during the evenings the children’s fun continues with Mini Disco from 20:00 to 21:30. The Maxi Club (8 to 12 years old) and The Junior Club (13 to 15 years old) operating during July and August allow the children to meet and spend time with others of their age and give the parents the opportunity to relax. Children facilities include • Integrated fresh water pool and a playground with water slides. • Library, painting room, music room, puppet show, rest area and movie room, all available for the entertainment of the little ones while the parents relax and rest. • Free carousel every night as well as the games and internet room. • High chairs and baby cots available for infants. FACILITIES & ACTIVITIES free of charge Tennis Court Mini Soccer Court Pedal Boats & canoes Beach Volley Water Polo Table Tennis Billiards Darts Gymnastics, Aerobics Games Room Waterslides Bridge Room Windsurfing (with certificate) Activities/gymnastics shaded deck at the beach FACILITIES & ACTIVITIES at an extra charge Water Skiing Paragliding Rings Banana Boat Jet Ski Horse & Pony Riding (external contractor upon request) Paint Ball games (external contractor upon request) Motor & yacht rental for private cruises ENTERTAINMENT A multilingual animation team provides throughout day and night various activities and games such as musicals, karaoke nights, cabarets, sketches, shows, competition games, demonstrations and many other in order to amuse the guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Bookgreece.com, Travelocity, Hotwire and Evoline ltd so you can book your Mitsis Blue Domes Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mitsis Blue Domes Hotel Kardamena
- Mitsis Blue Domes Resort And Spa
- Mitsis Blue Domes Resort & Spa Kos/Kardamena