We have just returned from 2 weeks at the Blue Domes and our experience has been amazing. Could not fault any aspect of it. All the staff are very friendly and willing to help. The choice of food is fantastic. If you did not want to go to the main restaurant every night then there was the option to book either the Mexican, Greek, Asian or Italian restaurants down near the beach. You have to book a table two nights before at the online booking system next to the main restaurant starting at 10.00pm but as we were Thomas Cook customers we were allowed to go straight to guest relations and book there without queuing which was excellent. There was also the other bars around the pool bar which did Sushi, Pita, Burger, Beeraria, Ouzerie and the Pastry corner, these were all open from 12.30 to 7.30 but the Pastry corner alwasy stayed open till midnight in case you wanted that crepe or ice cream after the entertainment.
The entertainment was excellent could not fault the animation team they were really friendly.
The resort is on a bit of a hill which we did not find too difficult being a young family but if you did struggle there were golf type buggies which you could call to take you wherever you wanted to go.
The grounds are stunning and are kept clean and tidy and there were always gardeners and maintenance people keeping it looking in top condition.
The rooms are well equipped and lovely and clean and you are provided with a mini bar which is stocked up every day which contains bottled water, beer, bottled fizzy drinks etc.
The weather was amazing 37 degrees every day. It got quite windy a couple of days but because it was so hot you were glad of the breeze.
Overall I could not fault the holiday one bit and cannot wait to go again - will definitely be going again soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Mitsis Blue Domes Exclusive Resort & Spa in Kardamena is a 5 Star Plus hotel opened in 2010 and is nestled at the foot of Mount Dikeos and overlooking a sweeping beach. An incredible range of leisure , facilities, superb cuisine and 499 beautifully furnished guest rooms, villas, family rooms and maisonettes, combine to make an ideal holiday hideaway for discerning travelers. ACCOMMODATION : Tasteful and Elegant luxury The Mitsis Blue Domes Exclusive Resort & Spa offers a total of 499 luxurious and tastefully appointed guest rooms that combine simple elegance and sublime views catering to every wish. Rooms include 171 Standard Double Rooms, 243 Bungalows, 48 Family Rooms, 32 Maisonettes and 5 Villas. All rooms are surrounded by incredible gardens and more than19 pools to relax and enjoy. The room decoration and style is chosen using earth colors with marble floors and wooden furniture and wooden roofs in most rooms. This resort is designed to surpass the expectations of any customer. RESTAURANTS AND BARS : Tasty treats all day and night The hotel offers numerous gastronomic delights throughout the day (07:00-02:00) at no extra charge. At bars a large variety of alcoholic, hors d'oeuvres, snacks, ice cream and soft drinks are given richly. Also at the restaurants, beer, wine, ouzo, a well as juices and soft drinks are served. MEALS All meals in the main restaurant are served in a show cooking buffet style. Also every night guests have the possibility to taste specialties from Greek and International cuisine, such as Italian, Asian and Mexican in the 4 a la carte restaurants. Furthermore, 6 more restaurants are available during day time offering a variety of meals such as burgers, pita gyro, sushi, traditional Greek delicacies, beer house and a pastry corner as well as a live cooking station offering traditional pies. MAIN RESTAURANT EARLY BREAKFAST (UPON REQUEST ONLY) 04:00 - 07:00 CONTINENTAL BREAKFAST 07:00 - 10:00 AMERICAN BUFFET LATE BREAKFAST 10:00 - 10:30 CONTINENTAL BREAKFAST ROOM SERVICE 07:30 - 10:00 LUNCH 12:30 - 14:30 COMPLETE BUFFET DINNER 19:00 - 21:30 COMPLETE BUFFET LATE ARRIVALS DINNER 22:30 - 23:30 SELECTION OF SALADS & HOT DISHES 23:30 - 01:30 SELECTION OF SALADS It is important to mention that after 18:30 there is a dress code in all the restaurants and bars. Formal is optional but casual smart is required. Shorts, vests or open toe shoes for men are not allowed. A LA CARTE RESTAURANTS The all inclusive program offers all guests the possibility to have their meals in the following restaurants. ITALIAN RESTAURANT (CLIENTS SHOULD MAKE RESERVATION IN ADVANCE) LUNCH 12:30 - 14:30 DINNER 19:00 - 21:30 ELLINADIKO RESTAURANT (CLIENTS SHOULD MAKE RESERVATION IN ADVANCE) LUNCH 12:30 - 14:30 DINNER 19:00 - 21:30 MEXICAN RESTAURANT (CLIENTS SHOULD MAKE RESERVATION IN ADVANCE) DINNER 19:00 - 21:30 ASIAN RESTAURANT (CLIENTS SHOULD MAKE RESERVATION IN ADVANCE) DINNER 19:00 - 21:30 PASTRY CORNER (NO RESERVATION REQUIRED) OPEN FROM 10:30 - 01:30 (LAST ORDER 01:00) OUZERI (NO RESERVATION REQUIRED) OPEN FROM 12:30 - 20:30 (LAST ORDER 20:00) BEERARIA (NO RESERVATION REQUIRED) OPEN FROM 12:30 - 20:30 (LAST ORDER 20:00) BURGER IN (NO RESERVATION REQUIRED) OPEN FROM 12:30 - 20:30 (LAST ORDER 20:00) PITA CORNER (NO RESERVATION REQUIRED) OPEN FROM 12:30 - 20:30 (LAST ORDER 20:00) SUSHI (NO RESERVATION REQUIRED) OPEN FROM 12:30 - 20:30 (LAST ORDER 20:00) TRADITIONAL PITA STATION OPEN FROM 10:30 - 17:30 BARS BEACH BAR OPEN FROM 10:00 - 18:00 (LAST ORDER 17:30) ISLAND POOL BAR OPEN FROM 10:00 - 01:00 (LAST ORDER 00:30) GARDEN POOL BAR OPEN FROM 10:00 - 18:00 (LAST ORDER 17:30) LOBBY BAR OPEN FROM 10:00 - 23:00 (LAST ORDER 22:30) NIGHT BAR WITH LIVE MUSIC OPEN FROM 18:00 - 01:00 (LAST ORDER 00:30) THEATRE BAR OPEN DURING THE ANIMATION SHOWS DRINKS In all the restaurants during meals an unlimited selection of drinks is offered, such as wines, draft beer, soft drinks, water, etc. In the bars an unlimited variety of national alcoholic beverages, including ouzo, brandy, cocktails, draft beer, soft drinks, coffee, refreshments and juices are on offer. LUNCH BASKETS & EARLY BREAKFAST All guests on excursions can exchange their meal with a lunch basket. Please note that orders need to be placed before 20:00 the day prior at the main restaurant. Continental breakfast is available for early departures between 04:00 and 07:00 only upon request. OTHER SERVICES ROOM SERVICE OPEN FROM 07:00 - 24:00 (LAST ORDER 23:30) Guests can order breakfast, lunch or dinner to be delivered in the room from the available menu at an extra charge of €3,00 per tray. MINI BAR Wine and a selection of fruit is available upon arrival. Also the mini bar is refilled daily with beers, soft drinks and bottles of mineral water free of charge. SPORTS & ENTERTAINMENT Moments of spontaneous fun and adventure. A variety of facilities for the whole family are available. Built with families in mind, we offer a range of free sports and recreational facilities within the hotel's grounds. SWIMMING : Splash around.... Guests of all ages can choose between the 19 outdoor seawater pools and the beautiful pebble beach. Umbrellas, sun beds are available free of charge. Beach towels are also available however a refundable deposit of €20,00 per towel is required. JUST FOR KIDS : A complimentary program for kids... No matter how old your children are they are sure to have a great time at the Blue Domes Wonderland, the place where Mitso & Mitsa our mascots live. The Mini Club keeps children entertained during the day, providing a safe and friendly atmosphere with supervision. Daily games for the young ones from 4 to 7 years old from 10:00 to 17:00 and during the evenings the children's fun continues with Mini Disco from 20:00 to 21:30. The Maxi Club (8 to 12 years old) and The Junior Club (13 to 15 years old) operating during July and August allow the children to meet and spend time with others of their age and give the parents the opportunity to relax. Children facilities include: An integrated sweet water pool and a playground with waterslides. Furthermore we have a library, painting room, music room, puppet show, rest area and movie room, all available for the entertainment of the little ones while the parents relax and rest. Not to forget the free carousel every night as well as the games and internet room. High chairs and baby cots are available for infants. OTHER FACILITIES & ACTIVITIES (FREE OF CHARGE) • Tennis Court • Mini Soccer Court • Pedal Boats & canoes • Beach Volley • Water Polo • Table Tennis • Billiards • Darts • Gymnastics, Aerobics • Games Room • Waterslides • Bridge Room • Windsurfing (with certificate) ACTIVITIES (AT CHARGE) • Water Skiing • Paragliding • Rings • Banana Boat • Jet Ski • Horse & Pony Riding (external contractor upon request) • Paint Ball games (external contractor upon request) ENTERTAINMENT A multilingual animation team provides throughout day and night various activities and games such as musicals, karaoke nights, cabarets, sketches, shows, competition games, demonstrations and many other in order to amuse the guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Mitsis Blue Domes Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mitsis Blue Domes Hotel Kardamena
- Mitsis Blue Domes Resort And Spa
- Mitsis Blue Domes Resort & Spa Kos/Kardamena