Mitsis Blue Domes Resort & Spa
$121
Andavis Hotel(Kardamena)
$23
Hotels.com
Origin Hotel Apartments(Kardamena)(Great Value!)
$34
$24
$86
$76
  • Pool
Cleopatra Superior Hotel(Kardamena)(Great Value!)
$23
TripAdvisor
$115
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
No availability for your dates from our partners
3,434 results
All reviewssushipastrypittabooking systemblue domesa la carte restaurantsmain restaurantburger barsalt waterpita cornerthe lion kingburger innanimation teampool barbungalow roomice creamguest relations
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 22, 2012

We travelled with our two girls age 8 and 15 and had a super holiday at Blue Domes. Beautiful setting, stunning views, friendly staff, good food, lovely hotel.
Following a holiday in a Mitsis hotel in Rhodes we were recommended this hotel. Blue Domes turned out to be beyond our expectations.

Positives:-
- Our room was in the perfect location, very close to the beach and pool with an amazing view of the sea.
- Housekeeping are very efficient and helpful, rooms cleaned to a high standard and mini bar restocked.
- Good variety of restaurants (albeit the
booking system not efficient)
- Childrens club very good mainly due to the staff who are brilliant with the kids, our daughter made friends and became very close to the staff.
- In the main restaurant we were always greeted with a friendly welcome, this restaurant can be very busy at times however the staff are very efficient.

Some comments/suggestions...

- Would have been more convenient to have a few more toilet facilities
- A DVD player in the room would have been handy, not an unreasonable expectation for a 5 star hotel.
- The restaurant booking system is very inefficient and frustrating
- The hotel advertises gym facilities, this is basically a room with ONE cross trainer and some weights!!
- Reception staff came across unfriendly and gave the impression that the guests were a nuisance!
- Very poor wifi connectivity

Special mentions-

Mostly all staff are very friendly and good (apart from reception!!) However individuals that made our holiday extra special...
Antonis in the main restaurant always made us feel very welcome and special, even in very busy periods he would stop to greet us.
Karen, Mady, Hana, Diana in the children club were absolute gems and very very good with the kids
The animation team - Alex, Rado, Andrea, Mady, Grete, Andre and Yana all very friendly and tried there best to entertain guests.
In the main bar Kostas was our favourite handsome waiter, very friendly and told us lots about Kos Island. Farah, Maxim, Thomas also very welcoming.
Margarita and Angela in the small bar adjacent to reception made fab espressos and cocktails, very welcoming, friendly, chatty and efficient
Armand at the pool bar was very good and made a fab vodka tonic !
Alexandro in the pastry bar was popular with our girls !
Tolipas from the Burger Inn/Asian Restaurant and Daniella from the pitta corner both worked in the a few restaurants and were fantastic.
Stefano and Jimmy from the Greek restaurant were super

Our holiday was perfect we had two weeks of sun and relaxation with two happy girls. We hired a car, bicycles and quad bikes, went to the water park, Kos town and to the Thermas spa region which is definitely worth a visit, there is plenty to do.
I used the spa facilities in the hotel which are very nice.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
11  Thank vivarioja
Reviewed July 21, 2012

Just come back from 11 nights stay at this hotel and the hotel itself is beautiful with lovely grounds and very well kept in general. What lets this hotel down is some of the reception staff and guest relations lady who are very abrupt and generally quite rude. We arrived in the early hours of the morning and was told the room type we booked(family room with divider) was not available and to go to reception at 10am in the morning and they will sort it out (the man on reception was pleasant). We did this and was told we had to wait for the reservations manager to come in...after waiting 20 minutes and still nothing i inquired again and was told i just had to wait... the guest relations lady then came up to me and told me 12 o clock! i explained to her that i was told by 2 separate people to come at 10am and we are unable to unpack and start enjoying our holiday until our room has been sorted she seemed very disinterested and i was told i had to wait. I tracked down our hotels 4 u rep who told me what the reservations manager looked like so when he came in i walked back to the desk and was told again by the reception staff to sit down. After waiting another 25 minutes and still nothing i queued up again and was then told by one of the reception staff that she had spoken to the reservations manager and they would upgrade us the following day ( i don't know when she intended to tell me this!!) so after two nights in a small room we were upgraded to a maisonette which was very spacious and a very nice room and we were pleased with the room. I do feel the reception staff and especially the guest relations lady (Anastasia) could do with some customer care training!!!! The good points though are the rooms are lovely and clean and the cleaners do an excellent job with fresh sheets and towels everyday and rooms cleaned to a high standard. The animation team were good especially alex and greta and we did enjoy there shows in the evening. The rest of the staff from the pool cleaners to all the restaurant staff and the porter(marco i think) were all very friendly. The water sports people on the beach were also very helpful. We did enjoy our holiday here and having stayed at a mitsis hotel last year also i would recommend them. Just a few issues need to be sorted out to make this hotel better such as i said earlier reception staff/guest relations being less abrupt/rude and the booking system for al a carte restaurants could made easier .

Room Tip: Maisonettes are huge with an upstairs and downstairs with bathrooms on each floor. Air con is really good in these rooms too.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank dance4everWales
Reviewed July 21, 2012

Flew out to the blue domes on the 10th July. Had a decent holiday - weather was fantastic - but I feel more tired than I was when I went away, which is disappointing sine that was the point of the holiday. Below are the japes I have about the hotel. This may be a fairly long review however if you want a real idea of what it is like I would take the time to read!

1. My biggest issue was the dining experience. There is a main restaurant which does have a good selection of food. But, if you want some variation you need to book the themed restaurants. they have one computerised system with a touch screen to book this. The spaces are limited so if you want a spot at your desired restaurant you will need to be up bright and early to go to the machine to book it (7am is pushing it). The touch screen isnt callibrated properly and this combined with guests that seem to have never used a computer in their life results in a good 15 minute wait to your turn (very early in the morning still). Once at the restaurants you are assigned a 1hr15 slot to eat. You are rushed into the restaurant, rushed to order your food by miserable waiters (though there were a few friendly ones). The food flys out and you barely have time to breath before they're trying to take your plates and usher you out.

Breakfast. I really enjoyed the selection of food here - you shouldn't be disappointed and taking them week off my usual diet to gorge myself with the selection was good fun. My problem was that once seated, you will have to quite literally defend your table. Numerous times my girlfriend and I sat down, had to wait in excess of 10 mins of coffee, even after asking twice. Then we would go up to get out food. By the time we got back the waiters had cleared our coffee/any food and other guests being shown to the table. They are desperate to get rid of you and cater for the next group of people. This happened numerous times - I would suggest leaving a note on your table saying 'not finished yet' if you plan on eating there.

The pool restaurants - I have largely positive comments here. The food was always prepared in front of you and was very tasty, albeit a bit greasy at times but hey we're in greece. The pastry corner was great with Ice cream, crepes and cakes whenever you wanted them. The girl working there is an asset to the hotel, keeping her cool with numerous rude customers + her manager talking down to her. In the Beeria I ordered smoked mackerel which came out as a frozen fillet of fish but this was the only disppointing lunch time meal of the week.

2. Air conditioning - barely noticeable. Extremely difficult to sleep at night and I don't think there was a night where I didn't wake up covered in sweat. Not what you would expect from a '5*' hotel.

3. Sunbeds. First day we got to the pool at around half 9. No sunbeds in sight available yet less the a quarter were occupied. We went to the beach instead which luckily there were beds. Second day I got up at 7 to reserve our sunbeds, same story.. All the sunbeds were reserved. Third day and from then onwards my alarm was set for 6:30am and even then it was a push to get decent sunbeds. Absolutely ridiculous. The towels given to us to begin with weren't big enough to cover a small child let alone a sunbed.

4. Gym. Well depends what you define as gym. If you would call a box room with a cross trainer and a rack of free weights going up to 12.5kg a gym then you'll be very satisfied. The only upside was that I was able to get very creative with my workouts, though they weren't very effective. Also, you will need to book the box room in half an hour slots if you want to use it.

Wow. I thought I had an ok time but reading this back makes me realise I'm kidding myself. I paid just under 1600 pounds for my girlfriend and I for 7 days. Whilst not a lot of money, i feel the whole experience was extremely overpriced and much better value could have been found elsewhere. Saying this, my girlfriend loved it, though she wasn't the one trekking around the complex at half 6 in the morning, arguing with waiters and skulking around reserving sunbeds.

Looks are deceiving at the blue domes. However, I think the source of all these problems is the pure amount of people they are trying to cater for. With fewer guests there would plentiful sunbeds, staff would be less stressed and it would be a lot more relaxing in general.

If you're reading this and have already booked don't despair, the food is very nice, the complex itself is stunning and you will have a great time if you aren't as cynical as I am.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
9  Thank Andrew b
Reviewed July 21, 2012

blue domes is a great hotel luxury and full comfort for its 5 stars!!! we had great holidays there, very relaxed and enjoyable time. Staff were friendly and helpful throughout - everyone from pool attendant to reception staff, waiters.... just great ......

would recommend this hotel to people who likes a luxury holidays with all comforts!!!!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
9  Thank antonygr
Reviewed July 20, 2012

Stayed here with friends for two weeks , the hotel was fantastic , staff very helpfully and friendly , our room was cleaned and the beds changed every day plus mini bar filled daily , the food was superb definitely a five star plus , we could eat al a carte e every night if you wished too or eat in the main restaurant , we're the food was very good , the rooms were spacious and modern we were most impressed , perfect for families and couples , the only downfall for us was the rudeness of the Russians and the enterttaiment in the evenings we. Will deffinantley go back in a couple of years thanks to everyone who made our holiday keep up the standards all and thanks Lorraine, Alan PAM and JIM

• Stayed: June 2012