“Please read the reviews carefully”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Plousia Apartments

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kardamena
Plousia Apartments
Crickhowell, United Kingdom
“Please read the reviews carefully”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2011

Just arrived back from Kardamena yesterday morning! Overall our holiday was fantastic, however I wouldn't return to kardamena and I would defiantly not return to Plousia apartments. The flight over to Kos from birmingham was with Sky Wings, never seen a plane as filthy as ours, the seats wern't matching and had stains and rubbish stuffed between the seats, the air hostesses didnt even have matching uniforms.
We'd heard Kardamena was livley and we were prepared for some noise, but nowhere near as much as we got! I think out of the seven night we may have had one fully nights sleep at the most. If it was people rolling in completley drunk at 2am it was the couple next door having a screaming row. The staff at the appartments were friendly but spoke not word one of english! Our rep was usless and rude, as when we told her we didnt come here to go out everynight clubbing she asked us "Why did we come to Kardamena then?" and seemed completley uniterested in us after that.
The appartments are VERY BASIC. Our kitchen consisted of two electric hobs, a toaster, a frying pan, a casserole dish and a milk pan. I had to try and cook using a ladle and a bbq fork as thats all we were given. Our bathroom was awful, we were on the ground floor in room 12 and the window had been broken so you couldnt open it to get rid of the damp. Hence a lot of mould (pics included). My boyfriend had become ill from some of the food we'd eaten and in the night he had vomitted on the bed sheet. I used a towel to clean it up and rolled both the soiled towel and bedlinen into a ball on the floor to be removed by the cleaner. The cleaner then made the bed with the soiled bedlinen and placed the dirty towel back on the rail! It was disgusting.
My advice for anyone thinking of staying here? Read ALL the reviews and dont take the negative ones lightly. These appartments will only work for you if you are the person who doesnt mind not having a full night of sleep, or is out all night, a person who doesnt mind the appartment being filthy and not being able to talk to anyone beacuse they dont speak english!

Room Tip: Due to the location and resort I think all of the rooms experienced the same disruption we did.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Coventry, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2011

Just got back from lads holiday, decent rooms very clean,showers are ok as well, no aircon is the only downfall gets hot in the room but there is a breeze so was bearable, tony's pool is literally 5 meters from the entrance to the apartments, Eddie and Ann run it and they are brilliant saved us alot of money. Overall we were very happy with the accommodation as for 2 stars we have had alot worse.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank ads_1205
England
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2010

I stayed at the Plousia with my friend (both 19) for two weeks at the beginning of July.

We was on the ground floor room 14 which is right at the front of the apartments. This room has bunk beds! And two single beds....if i was you i'd pick the bed next to the balcony as I had the bed next to the wall and I could feel all the springs in my back, lovely!

Being on the ground floor you do get loads of cockroaches which I thought was one of the only down side to the holiday. On the first week of our holiday we saw alot more cockroaches then the second, so the owners could of tried to solve this problem....but I doubt it.

One night coming home after a night out we heard two girls screaming in there room and suddenly they ran out we asked if they was okay and they said no because they was a mouse in there room!!

The other down side to these apartments is that the apartment walls are thin as paper so you can hear everything going on! Especially as we were at the front of the apartments there is a busy road where mopeds, bikes, buses, quads and cars like to go up and down which you can hear every single one when your tired and want sleep can be extreamly annoying! Also you do here the drunken people walking home or shouting in there rooms till 9am. I know people are on holiday and to have a good time but shouting for hours till 9am was taking the mic abit so I would advise ear plugs.

To hire the safety deposit box was 1euro a day and also have a code for it so you didn't have to look after an extra key which i liked about it.

The cleaner came about 5 times when we was there for the two weeks, she was a greek lady but spoke about 3 words of English but seamed nice with a smile on her face all the time. She changed the beds and extra towels once a week and cleaned up and changed the bins every 3 days or so.

Our flight wasn't untill 4 in the morning so we kept the room till 8pm which I'm glad of this cost 20euro. The owner then puts your cases in a store room and meets you at 12 to collect your cases.

I didn't go to Tony's Pool as the only time I went there it was dead so I went across the road to Blues Pool where it was full, Blue's Pool was good, alright size pool, free sun beds and has a pool bar.

Bar Street, beach and restraunts was about a 5 min walk away so was pretty good as it wasn't too far away. 10 mins walk away from Status and abit longer from Starlight, the walk home from Starlight can be a killer if you stay out all night and your tired and legs are killing seams like its miles away.

Kos is a lovely island and the nightlife is good to. If I was going to go back to the Plousia I would make sure I wasn't on the ground floor.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
2 Thank Cas_ox
London
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2010

Stayed here with my friend the first week of July for 7 nights. Paid around 338pp with Olympic holidays. Accomodation was very basic but that was what I was expecting. We were on the ground floor and straight away I knew that there was going to be problems. Every night we had cockroaches and our balcony door didnt open properly. We ended up having another issue with the accomodation that we brought up with the olympic reps. At first they wouldnt help us but then after us insisting that we were not going to stay there for the rest of our duration they kindly moved us. If I had to go back and stay at the Plousia I would make sure that I wasnt going to be on the ground floor as things can get in easily. I definitly am going to go back to kos and I would reccomend staying at Peters Kool Pool apartments. We stayed round this pool every day and our friend was staying at his apartments. They are much nicer and the owners are really friendly!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
2 Thank LucySamantha

Travelers are raving about these Kardamena hotels

Liverpool, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2010

Just got back from Kos. We stayed in room 14 which is a a bottom apartment at the front of the building. Wasnt the best place ive stayed, didnt have a shower hook so had to hold the shower whilst we had one.
Very noisy due to the main road and drunks walking back shouting at 5-6am in the morning. No air con either but you can hire a fan or like we did, got friendly with the bar staff in the bars and they lent us one for a few days :)
we got what we paid for, 1 week in June £170 including flights & transfers. Had a really good laugh though.
Please feed the cats as the poor sods dont get any food or water from the owners!! felt sorry for them so leave some water out or a bit of your old burger for the poor little buggers!
Deffo be going back as its nice & cheap specially if you go early enough and YES it was busy that time of year ( June )

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends