I was at this Doubletree for a week long conference. I have pictures up on Facebook of the beach and views from my room. All of that is great. Breakfast and dinner buffets are the typical Greek cuisine, flavorful, but not over the top. A decent wine list too. There was no WiFi in the rooms and hardwire would not let you on the Internet, but would allow you to download emails.... sometimes. You must walk to either the beach restaurant for wifi or to the hotel lobby. Service is what you would expect from a 5 star hotel and the staff are very friendly. Zoi, I hope your shoulder is better. There are many swimming pools, some are for use by only a few rooms. The beach has plenty of loungers and umbrellas and the water is crystal clear. I recommend this hotel if you are in Kos, but you'll need a car to visit anywhere, as this hotel is isolated from the nearest village by at least 3KM.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Helona Resort is a beautiful establishment with an impressive architecture. Small buildings scattered in beautiful gardens, elegant domes, cobbled alleys and natural materials such as stone, wood and marble, allow the entire complex to blend harmoniously with the surrounding, peaceful landscape. Large windows and openings offer a fantastic view to the sunny Aegean Sea and lighten up all interior spaces. Twenty-one infinity pools enable water to flow from one to the other, inviting guests to dive into summer happiness. The resort sits on a gentle hill that overlooks the beautiful Helona beach, on the southern coast of Kos island, at a peaceful area called Gourniatis, only 11 km from Kos international airport (KGS) and 4 km off the lively village Kardamena. Kos town is about 35 km away.Helona Resort has a delightful collection of spacious guest rooms, cosy family rooms, luxurious suites and private villas. Many of the rooms enjoy the extra privilege of a shared swimming pool in front of their terrace whilst others have lovely gardens spreading in front of them. Each one of the suites and villas has its own private pool. The resort has two restaurants, three bars, a spa and a conference center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Bookgreece.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and Agoda so you can book your Helona Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Helona Resort (Aka Doubletree By Hilton Resort Kos-Helona) Hotel Kardamena
- Helona Hotel Kardamena
- Helona Resort Kos/Kardamena