“Food glorious food!!”
Review of Avli Restaurant

Avli Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 77 Restaurants in Kardamena
Cuisines: Greek, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Family run Traditional Restaurant based on homemade recipes made with freshly grow produce.• A large selection of mezedes and other local starters.• Variety of over 65 Greek and International wine• Choose your wine from our extensive wine cellar• Enjoy your meal in the garden of one of the original houses to have been built in KardamenaA Family run restaurant in the center of Kardamena.The ambiance of the quartyard and the fresh homemade food are the reason that it was award as one of the Top 300 restaurants in all Greece for the last 7 years.Only a visit can give you the feeling and the taste of Greece, in a purely Greek traditional restaurant.
Reviewed January 3, 2013

we visited Avli on a few occasions - this restaurant definitely ranks in the top 3 for kardamena! Beautiful food absolutely stunning. Starters are main meal portion size! This restaurant is slightly more expensive than the other restaurants BUT!! worth every penny! the restaurant itself has outside seating that is set in a lovely open courtyard ... sooooo romantic ! FANTASTIC!!

2  Thank Limara S
Write a ReviewReviews (1,766)

Reviewed January 1, 2013

We visited Avli when we were staying at the Doubletree Hilton in September 2012. I can honestly say this is one of the best restaurants I have ever eaten in and we went back twice during our stay! The outdoor setting is so pretty and typically Greek and the food is outstanding. Homecooked traditional Greek dishes, mezze and Greek wines and beers, a very authentic experience. Reasonably priced and always packed with locals, it quickly became our favourite haunt. The service is excellent and the food is to die for - their home-made hummus is delicious and the spinach and feta pancakes are lovely. Both carnivores and vegetarians are well-catered for here.

If you only do one thing in Kos, go here!

1  Thank GemStGem
Reviewed December 26, 2012

Apologies for the late review Avli, firstly me an seven friends stumbled across Avli's and were welcomed and greeted with a promise of an experience rarely reached when dining out.
The service was fantastic and was simply untouchable. We visited Avli's four times, I felt robbed when I went to better rated restaurants on this site that simply could not produce and provide the standard on offer whilst producing the best food I have eaten. Having experienced food around the world the lamb Stifado was untouchable, the fillet steak is by far the most succulent and perfectly presented mains I have ever eaten. On a personal note the service was above and beyond and the staff were second to none. Overall I can't find anywhere in the Uk that comes close.

1  Thank Diack43
Reviewed December 23, 2012

We had our wedding reception at Avli in August 2012.
This restaurant is an attraction for the village.....sooooo beautifull
Daren and I we decide to do our wedding reception at Avli.
We made a small research about weddings in kos and there are few wedding coordinators who can arrange everything for you.
Options are a lot but in my opinion is better to get a single package of wedding ceremony and documents settle and get the reception restaurant apart.
The wedding companies are charging nearly double the price for the reception.
For example a wedding company in Kardamena charging Meze meal at avli for 50 GBP (or or 55 euros ) per person and we get a 19 euros (or 16,5 GBP) direct from the restaurant.
The combination of the place-price -quality and service it was fantastic.
A special Thanxs to Panos he trite us as a family always smile helpfully and very funny.
Ending I would like to thanxs everyone at Avli starting from the waiters Thomas and Criss to the tasteful kitchen staff and of course mama Marina,the heart of the restaurant.
You made us this special day .........PERFECT.
Cross fingers we might be see you again on my sister's wedding in June.

Samantha & Daren

1  Thank Daren S
Reviewed November 26, 2012

I came here on a girls holiday when I was 19, and came back when I was 26 - it was that good that I remembered it 7 years later!
It has everything, set in a beautiful courtyard, great food, and staff that are good fun but not in your face. The staff are so enthusiastic about their food and explain anything you ask.

I loved it and it is the best Greek food I have ever had - and I have had a few holidays to various Greek destinations over the years.

You will love it, definitely worth a visit!