Evripides Village Hotel
  • Pool
Sunny View Hotel(Kardamena)
Asteras Resort(Kardamena)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewstaxi into towngreat holidayplenty of sunbedspool arearocky beachmin walkour room was cleanedfamily run hotelgreek nightfirst couple of daysrelaxing hotelcleaned dailygreek hospitalityquiet at nightdifferent foodsgreek dancingfresh towels
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Our overall experience was terrible. We were in one of the 'apartments' round the back...I don't think it had been used in years. It was dirty, the shower tray was manky and the shower hung off the wall...there was no cutlery or crockery in the drawers or cupboards, and this was key as we were self catering.
The location is awful: you feel that you are clock watching as you rely on local busses to get to town.
Pay a little more and stay somewhere nice!

• Stayed: July 2012
3  Thank Honestyfrankly
Reviewed June 7, 2013

.. this is the best choice. It is quite, family hotel in wonderful place. We have been where from Lithuania last year in september and we will come back where this summer. Food variety is not very big but it is enough and very delicious, home-made. Beach is not very big, but the owner is taking care of it very well. And it is close to hotel, about 100 metres. The city is quite far from hotel, but you can go there for 2 eu. The food in the pool bar is very cheap and olso delicous, you can try something from greece traditional food. Seats by the pool enough for everybody. Rooms tidy and bigs, there is fridge, and posibility to make some food by yourselfe. And the owner is very helpful and kind person, we felt like we came to a friend. He even take us to show the Kos city ant hot terms. 3 times in week going on greece evenings when owner sings and dance, gives you ouze - national drink and grilled food. It was fantastic holiday!!

Room Tip: Higher floors has the great view to mountains and the sea
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 28, 2012

A fabulous time at this hotel. So many complaints on here but I just dont know what you are getting at. If you want 5 stars then go & pay 5 star prices. My Partner & I have just returned from here after having a fabulous time. Everything we asked for we got, we had maid service every day & towels changed & sheets when asked. Although coming to the end of the season, Uri, Denise & Nikos were very welcoming & were happy to accomodate our wishes if so required. We met & will stay in touch with many nice people, young & older who were happy to stay & also come back. Admitedley we only ate snacks at the pool side but these were delicious. if you are looking to relax in nice surroundings then go here. Beach wasnt anything to write home about but we did make the effort, but the pool was great & you needed it most days as the weather was fantastic. In response to Fawlty Towers who posted, you should stick to spain or blackpool. This is Greece & things are a lot differant to elsewhere.
Once again thanks Uri Denise & Nikos....not forgeting yaya. Hope to catch you soon.
Nigel & Pauline x

Room Tip: 1 Bed apartments or pool view studios excellent
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Nigel T
Reviewed August 3, 2012

I had a weeks holiday here with my partner, rooms were basic but clean....we had to keep fridge door closed with a shoe.....!!!!.but we managed, little bit of sewerage smell in toilet but we visited all over the island and we found this in a few places, I think it's just the island, but didn't put us off our holiday. Rooms were cleaned every day, pool is gorgeous and plenty of sunbeds, we didn't speak to the owners much, but they seemed ok, drinks and food were a bit pricey....but I suppose for what you pay for the accommodation they need to make money somewhere and at the end of the day they need to make a livng too....

It's very close to the beach, about a 45 min walk into the centre of kardamena, we got the bus (bus stops at bottom of road) it's 1.80 euros each way pp but the service is always on time and a happy smiley bus driver...one evening the bus was full so they sent another bus out to get us, which I thought was fab, it's 8.00 euros for a taxi...we done that once as we had a late night in town.

I would recommend Romanos in town for food....full English with tea, toast, all th works for 5.00 euros...filled me up for the day, and 5.50 euros for half roast chicken, chips, salad and rice, the portions were huge....and a fantastic selection on the menu. Kardamena town has numerous amount of bars to suit every taste, good shopping, but shop about as prices do vary.

We hired a scooter for a few days and visited the rest of the island, I wouldn't go to kavos, there is nothing there apart from a fantastic views from the hill....kos town is lovely, a bit more cosmopolitan and the harbour and boats are gorgeous, a bit too busy for me. If I went back to kos I would go to either marmari or tigaki, the beaches are much nicer that end of the island, but it was fab to get about and see all the island. Paradise beach is lovely and worth a visit but we never seen any bubbles...

All in all we had a great holiday for what we paid....if you looking for a cheap holiday in the sun then I would recommend it.......

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank kj55cco
Reviewed August 3, 2012

I soon as we arrived the place looks great, with the pool and the bar. The rooms were fine, very basic. The bathroom wasn't very clean and shower head sprayed every where. We were self catering, but the equipment is limited to you cook your food. Had to buy scrubbers to clean the 1 pot you get and 1 small plate provided. The staff that work there are very helpful and friendly. Beer cost 3 euros and food from the bar is average costs from 4-10 euros. The pool was a great place to chill. Only problem really is getting into kardamena, it cost 8 by taxi 1 way. Or the bus is better at 2 euro, it dosent run between 11-4 tho which is strange. Overal tho it's a good place to stay, just take a few extra things for your room :)

• Stayed: July 2012