We stayed at the Rainbow apartments - Kalamaki for 1 week from 1st – 8th August (family of 6 ranging from 8 to 62) staying in room’s 18 (Back of Hotel) and 19 (front of Hotel).
Overall we had a really nice stay with Athena and Nicos. Im going to sum the stay up as a bulleted list.
• Very Clean
• We paid for 3 single beds but got 2 singles and 1 double (me and my partner had the double :-)
• Restaurant food is fantastic, so is the bar food/breakfast
• Sophie the bar lady is the most pleasant and helpful lady (thank you for everything Sophie)
• Nice quiet location with a shop right opposite, the main strip of shops and restaurants is a 10 minute walk (same direction as the beach).
• Lovely little pool and bar area.
• Free wifi – but this does not work in the rooms
• Room attended to everyday (sheets not changed though just re-made)
• 6 Euros per night extra charge for the air-conditioning, if your room is at the front of the hotel you will need it! If you’re at the back where our second room was then you won’t.
• Our toilet did not work for the whole week that we stayed, we told nico’s twice but nothing was done, not even the offer of a room change, when I mentioned this on checkout we got a small reduction of our air-con bill, personally I think it should have been free as we didn’t have a toilet!!
• No Kettle
• The cooker is an electric hob burner (desktop) basically a camping cooker which is not useful to cook much on, the cost of food is reasonable in Zante so we ate out anyway!
• No entertainment apart from Karaoke on the night we arrived!
Other points about Zante
Day Cruise - I would not recommend taking the whole day cruise around the island, it is only 20 Euros but you basically just sit on the boat all day long with 3 30 minute stops, it was too long a half day would be more than enough.
Greece as a whole is not as modern as some hotels that you would expect, but this is across the board form what other guest that have been to Greece before said.
Laganas (the club strip) is only 10 minutes in taxi which is 10 Euros maximum from our hotel.
You can hire quad bike for around 30 euros a day, then you can get about and explore the other towns and beaches. Be careful when hiring from Traffic as our quad bike was dodgy and kept braking down!!
The weather is fantastic, 44+ when we were there. I would go back to Zante with my family but I don’t think I’d come here just me and my partner, as we prefer a bit more to do.
I would recommend staying at Rainbow Apartments as it’s a lovely place and they are all so nice there.
- Also Known As:
- Rainbow Apartments Kalamaki
- Rainbow Apartments Hotel Kalamaki
- Rainbow Apartments Zakynthos/Kalamaki