All reviews quiz night greek night prawn night other guests nothing is too much trouble beautiful place to stay pool area self catering fantastic holiday year after year small complex moussaka two weeks little touches crystal beach greek dancers heavens kitchen
Reviewed November 16, 2018

We booked the Garden Village as a last minute warm up for our holiday in December to Jamaica. We had a wonderful friendly greeting when we arrived and quickly settled in to a well decorated, clean and luxurious apartment. The facilities are quite limited especially for a family with young children. It was the end of the season so many of the shops, bars and restaurants were either closing or closed but we still found some wonderful bars and Tavernas to enjoy a drink and a meal. The Garden Village to provide breakfast, lunch and evening meals and put on themed nights with a special menu. We only ate there once and I had a T bone style steak at 20 Euros. Style should have warned me as it was rib of beef which was bbqd. I found it extremely tough and felt that I should mention it to Carol who was not too impressed with me. She said that she had tried my meat and said that it was how steak, well I say steak, was eaten on Zante. She quite nastily said that she was not hard up for 20 euros and would refund my money. She must of been as I never got a refund not that I was bothered as 20 euros is a pittance. I just think that a quite genuine complaint could have been dealt with more professionally and no offence should have been taken. You can enjoy some wonderful meals within a 15 minute walk and I would recommend that you do so as my experience was a lot to be desired meal wise. All in all the Garden Village is a little gem that you should experience if you holiday in Zante, just dont eat there. Would we go back, yes, but would probably not be as welcome given my review of the dining experience. Lovely self catering experience and lovely staff

Room tip: A room overlooking the wooden gazebo in the garden
Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 29, 2018 via mobile

These apartments are well looked after. Carol couldn’t do enough for you. Without being overpowering. Turn right then right at the roundabout then you come to a small beach turn right and you can paddle across the rocks to the bigger stretch of beach. Don’t go the long way it’ll take ages. I wouldn’t recommend going with kids. It’s so quiet so any noise they make sounds worse. I would come again alone.
Don’t be put off when the coach drops you off as I was!!! It’s lovely inside the small complex. Thanks for a wonderful stay. X

Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed October 26, 2018 via mobile

Just back from a wonderful week at Garden Village, Zante. We are a family with two young kids and spent a week during the October mid term. Food - amazing! Best burgers and moussaka ever (thanks Neil and Justine). Rooms - spotless, beds very comfy, great to have a kettle in kitchen, cleaning staff the nicest we have ever come across!! Pool - perfect for adults and kids. Very peaceful, clean and you could relax in bar area and see the kids playing!! Beautiful sandy beach within 10 minutes walk. Carol’s advice and pointers with the map on our arrival was much appreciated, as well as the marvelous horse riding experience she booked for us (Happy Horses - highly recommend!). I would say they were the friendliest staff we have met anywhere!
Overall, we had a lovely relaxing holiday in a very pretty hotel, met some lovely guests there yet still had our own family time. Perfect balance.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed October 25, 2018 via mobile

Fabulous holiday
Carole and her team are marvellous
Rooms superb clean all beautiful
Food excellent all needs met
Pool gorgeous
A touch of heaven will definitely return
Met lovely people friends now
5 star

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Gill C
Reviewed October 24, 2018 via mobile

This place is so over-rated that it made me question my own sanity! Here is the accurate description which is based on our experience of travelling extensively all over the world including many other Greek islands so we are basing this review fairly.

Let’s start with positives:
Clean and functional
Good location

Now the not-so-good:
Very Noisy - lots of noise that carried to the room from the bar despite all windows and shutters being closed.
Lots of unwanted noise from neighbours due to paper thin walls which are not very well insulated for noise.
Further noise (generally worst at night) from the incessant barking of numerous local dogs.
Very tiny bathroom
Towels only changed once a week
Overall, the quality of the accommodation is not as amazing as other reviews have indicated and definitely not 4 star rating.
Unless people’s experiences of travel and expectations are limited and/or extremely low?!
Also, we are baffled with the reviews mentioning carol, almost describing her as a messiah! She is running a business and her interactions do not require celebrity-like praise!
Anyway, the weather was great and we enjoyed the serenity of the beach. We will most definitely not be returning to GV!

Trip type: Traveled as a couple