“Garden Village - Aug/Sept 2011”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kalamaki
Garden Village Apartments
Ranked #1 of 8 Kalamaki B&B and Inns
Knutsford, United Kingdom
“Garden Village - Aug/Sept 2011”
Reviewed September 13, 2011

Just arrived back from what could only be described as a perfect holiday!
Garden Village is idyllic set it lovely gardens with a rustic feel and is ideally placed only minutes from the nightlife and beach.
Although the apartments are very greek looking they still have modern touches such as a fully fitted kitchen with oven, hob, fridge & toaster and a fantastic bathroom with belfast style sink and the best shower we have ever had abroad!
Carol, the owner is very accommodating and makes you feel very welcome, in fact, all the staff are really nice and friendly.
The bar also offers a great selection of food and I can highly recommend the Greek Breakfast & the Bacon & Egg Rolls - oh and the Greek Dips with Pitta Bread ... yummy!
We could not find any fault at all with Garden Village and would highly recommend you try it!

Room Tip: There are rooms overlooking the pool or gardens depending on how quiet you like it - we didnt choose...
1 Thank TerryandJulie L

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
Brighouse, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 7, 2011

We have recently returned from two weeks at Garden Village and it far exceeded our expectations. What a little Oasis it is, the apartments are spacious, spotlessly clean and the staff are fantastic doing all that they can to make your time there great. We loved every minute and can see why people return year after year. We certainly hope to go back and we have never been back to the same place twice. Carol, justine and Shane and all the team worked so hard without been intrusive and we just had a really relaxing time.

2 Thank TracyDaveAds
Coleshill, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 5, 2011

This was our first trip to Zante, staying at garden Village and what a wonderful experience we had. We were greeted by Carol who immediately made us feel welcome and remembered our names. Our two bed apartment was immaculate. The apartments we stayed in were right opposite the swimming pool. The pool and grounds were cleaned every single day. Nothing was too much trouble for Carol, Justine & Shane. I unfortunately was taken ill during my stay which meant I needed medical advice. Carol took me personally to the Doctor's in her car. The Doctor was not there so Carol took me to the Kalamaki Hospital where I was treated immediately. I could not thank Carol enough for helping me. Carol did not want thanking and just wanted me to enjoy the rest of my stay and carried on being the wonderful host she is. Our family would definitely recommend Garden Village to anyone. Carol speaks fluent Greek and knows the best places to visit. I now understand why Garden Village is always booked up so quickly!

6 Thank MarkandPaulaLyons
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 29, 2011

We stayed here as a family group as my daughter was to be married there. Carol the owner takes great Greek hospitality and marries it with British efficiency. She is the most wonderful hotel owner I have ever met. We dubbed her Wonderwoman as she never stops moving from dusk to dawn. At one point she wanted to break from a meal she was having to drive us up to get our hire car.The hotel is apartments set around a lovely garden and a small pool on a quiet road at in Kalamaki. There are goats across the road and cockerels which seem a bit lazy as they crow well after dawn.Never once disturbed my sleep. There is a small pool bar which is efficient with lovely staff serving bar meals and breakfasts n stuff. In reception they have a large library where you can swap your book for another. the rooms are decorated to a nice standard with antique style furniture and well equipped for self catering.Cleanliness is of the highest order and the maids are sweet and friendly. Well located with bars n restaurants within minutes and beach about a 10m minute walk. They do a BBQ night which is awesome with fantastic food and brilliant Greek folk dancers.

5 Thank gingua
Lincoln, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 16, 2011

We have been to the Garden Village on almost 20 occasions over the last 14 years and our daughter and our family have also been there with us on three of those holidays. It goes without saying that we like it there. The hotel is generally nice and quiet, tucked away just off the main street and not too far from the beach. The accomodation is owned and managed by Carol who instantly knows everyones name and cannot do enough for her guests. This applies equally, if not more, to first time visitors. All the rooms are cleaned every day to a high standard and linen changed twice a week. The bar staff, Justine and Shane, are very obliging and nothing is too much for them.

We were there at the same time as Rich-Emma. I did not see Rich-Emma's partner, however I did hear him ranting and swearing some 50 metres from our apartment and the language was absolutely appalling. It was worse than anything I have heard before. In my opinion if he was so upset he should have asked the Thomson rep to move him and his partner somewhere else or they should have returned home

I would suggest that no one takes any notice of the review written by Rich-Emma.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
5 Thank 74daveh
UK
Reviewed August 10, 2011

We chose to stay at Garden Village on the strength of the positive reviews on Tripadvisor and we were certainly not disappointed! What a beautifully maintained, clean, friendly place to stay. Carol, the hotelier, took time when we first arrived to tell us about the island and although we didn't have to call on her advice much during the week, I have no doubt she would have answered any query knowledgably. She never failed to remember our names from the first moment we arrived.

The rooms were very comfortable - the addition of the free air con is a huge bonus in such high temperatures - although even without the air con, the room we were in was well designed with very high ceilings, so that the room never became too hot. The bathrooms were modern and extremely clean. The beds were firm, which I personally prefer, but I'm sure Carol would help if you found the beds too hard. The kitchens were well appointed and we found everything we needed for the minimal amount of cooking we did during our stay.

The pool bar serves good food - try the feta and tomato brushetta, it's amazing. The prices are reasonable and everything is prepared freshly, using ingredients from a local organic farm. You will never taste tomatoes like it... We never really used the pool, as we prefer the sea and going out on boats, but it was lovely and clean and seemed to be the hub of the complex. We were quite happy to remain in our own company during the holiday but we had some nice chats to the other, very friendly, residents. If you enjoy being sociable, then there are plenty of opportunities to meet other people staying there. The location of the hotel was peaceful. I never minded the cockerel crowing or the bleating of the goats - I'd rather that than loud bars or traffic noise...

Kalamaki is a nice enough resort. The beach is clean and not crowded even in high season. Eat at Michaelos, Zepos and Hera - we had good meals at each. Visit the Oceanic chill out bar - the cocktails are amazing and well priced. The Turtle Island cruise with Thomson was lovely. Eurodivers in Laganas were good for snorkelling and dive trips. Avoid Laganas like the plague. It was tourist hell...

I would suggest that the small numbers of negative reviews about this destination should cause the reader to question the reviewer, rather than the reviewee... I would certainly recommend Garden Village to anyone.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
10 Thank or3ad
Jersey
Reviewed August 9, 2011

I'm sorry but I think that Rich-Emma is living in cloud cuckoo land and quite possibly imagined most of her holiday!!!! This is our ninth visit and it is the most perfect place on earth. Carol, her family and staff ate wonderful and polite and I have NEVER heard them slag off any holidaymakers ( tho some may deserve it!)...can't recommend this place enough....suggest Rich-Emma sticks to the Solana in Benidorm next year!!!!!

• Stayed August 2011