“If I could”
Review of Sirocco Hotel

Sirocco Hotel
Ranked #24 of 30 Hotels in Kalamaki
Reviewed March 2, 2014

I have stayed in Kalamaki 3 times, twice at The Sirocco, and if I could be whisked to anywhere it would be to here in June. The staff are friendly and attentive, the location is fantastic in between the magnificent beach and lively but not overly Main street, If you want a pool day that's fine, Kalamaki beach is great, and there is the bus service to St Nicholas beach if you want a more interesting ie scuba or snorkelling beach day. A good variety of local Tavernas, or eat at the hotel, it has everything I needed, sun sea and an ice cold Mythos at Stanis when you leave the beach.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Mustanglover55

Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

My husband, daughter and I stayed here for 2 weeks at the end of August 2013.

We got a cab from the airport (that i pre-booked from the UK) and return cost us €24 for all 3 of us as opposed to the travel company transfers @£75 for all 3! Definitely worth doing as the cab was waiting for us and the resort is 10mins from the airport.
The hotel is nice, basic but clean! House keeping most days.

They offered us an upgrade but this seemed expensive and unecessary. The room suited us fine. There was a family staying next door with 4 in one room and to me this would have been too cramped, 3 was just about manageable.
I have to say the key connects the electricity and this can be a pain at times especially if you want to leave something charging while you are out. This seems to be the case in all hotels so not really a negative only for Sirocco.
Most of the staff were very friendly and helpful. They seemed happy to point us in the right direction if needed.
My daughter had a fantastic holiday! Lots of other families wth children of all nationalities, meant she found lots of people to play with. The hotel is very relaxed about the children coming and going, and we felt she was safe enough to let her roam around the complex on her own.

The food is nice in the hotel, simple but a good mix of foreign and local dishes. Kalamaki itself is limited, most restaurants are very similar but car rental us cheap enough and this means you can venture further afield.

Catching a glimpse of the turtles is a must and a highlight of the holiday!
We would certainly go back again.

Stayed: August 2013
3  Thank Laritacampanilla
Reviewed August 23, 2013

I stayed at the Sirocco Hotel for one week in August with my husband and two children (8 and 4). The location of the hotel is great - 5 mins from the beach and 10 mins walk from the resort centre with shops and restaurants.
Kalamaki itself is a quiet resort, only 10 mins transfer from the airport but there are plenty of restaurants serving tasty Greek food along the main street. All the restaurants had kids menus and welcomed children. The beach is sandy and the water is really shallow making it ideal for kids as it's very safe. The water is quite warm too.
We had a family room in the annexe at the Sirocco, the room was a generous size. We paid the supplement for the aircon and the fridge which was worthwhile as the nights were quite sticky. The hotel restaurant was basic but the pool bar was lovely and the staff were really friendly. The pool was great although it was quite deep, but it encouraged my daughters to swim lots! There was loads of seating space around the pool, and it was never crowded even though we were there in peak season.
I would absolutely recommend this hotel to other families wanting to visit Kalamaki.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank Beckstar1976
Reviewed July 29, 2013

My partner and I stayed her 9th June 2013 for 2 weeks. Best time to go as everything is on for tourist everywhere open and its not to hot but more than hot enough. I found the hotel room fine yes the shower is a bit annoying but it’s what you pay for, the room is cleaned every day, paying extra for the fridge and the air condition is a bit annoying I did neither and just slept with the window open with the netting across.
The pool is lovely and chilled to keep you cool during the day very deep and quite big, lots of sunbeds facing different directions to be in the shade or sun.
I didn’t eat at the restaurant on the night but I did have the breakfast and simple doesn’t really cover it I would of rather of gone self-catering.
The fact there is a free wifi is great when you’re sitting downstairs but I was on the second floor and the connection didn’t reach to my room but it didn’t really matter, aswell as there being two computers was good.
The Hotel Manager to start with when wanting us to pay extra for a different ‘better’ room was lovely carried by bags but as soon as we said no he didn’t even speak to us again.
The location was perfect close walk to the beach and the strip and close to other towns walking or driving couldn’t really fault it on that.
We hired a quad for a week costing us 120 euros I really enjoyed it there easy to drive and can park them anywhere lots of people get them we went to many different places on the strip who rented them out and found the best one was a little further down the strip but the best depending on the deals the others have on. There fun and cheap to run we drove all round the island for the week on 20 euros.
We ate at most of the restaurants on the strip and found the most you should really pay is about 20 euros for two as well usually getting free bread, dips, cocktails, shots and fruit which is a lovely gesture. The cocktail bars are all lovely are main place for lunch and cocktails was the Vanessa bar as it was so cheap two strong cocktails for 5 euros. The other bar I would highly recommend would be the bad apple cocktail bar the man who owns it is lovely and can tell you lots of stories about Zante.
The beaches are lovely lots of different ones the closest one does not do waters ports because of the turtles nesting but all down the strip there is people who can take you to lots of different places to go on such things as the turtle tour a 3 hour bout trip watching turtles being able to swim in the sea through the caves and get to go to a island beach only accessible by bout.
We went to both waterparks and found the one a bit further away a lot better and the waterpark in Kalmaki more for families and children still enjoyable.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Shauna K
Reviewed July 8, 2013

My friend and I in our early thirties stayed at this hotel for one week. Nice, quiet hotel. Lacks atmosphere and friendliness though. So if you are looking for lively and more friendliness then maybe this isn't the hotel for you. Crystal Beach hotel up the road is really nice!
I would just say this hotel is clean. Breakfast is a bit rubbish, lacks atmosphere.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank gemsie81
Reviewed July 7, 2013

We stayed at the sirocco for one week in June and it was much better than expected. It is very clean and tidy with all public areas cleaned regularly. The staff there are lovely especially the bar man Dennis. It is quiet with mainly older couples and families there. Only downside is the charges for air con (€45) and fridge (€21) and safety deposit box which I can't remember the charge for so so be prepared for those extras if you want them. The Main Street of kalamaki is 7-8 mins walk with lots of restaurants and bars and the clubbing resort of laganas is 10 mins away in taxi (around €8). All in all highly recommend the sirocco

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Natasha4995s
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Loved this hotel so much my wife and two children are going back August 1st. Really loved this place for its calm and peaceful atmosphere to stay.its got a lovely family friendly feeling .lovely big pool,close to the beach .

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family