“First rate”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery
Reviewed June 14, 2019 via mobile

3rd year here
First rate food best mythos ever.
Try the giant wrap east it if you can 4 euros.
Good menu proper good

Date of visit: June 2019

Reviewed June 14, 2019

Gyros was not as good as everyone makes it out to be sadly. Went for takeway on first night, got there around back of 10 to be told had no more food and owner had orders ahead of me that were a priority. I thought fair enough and went elsewhere. Went back a few days later and let me say, I didn't appreciate being told how to take my gyros when i was making a request for my order.

I have visited Rhodes, Halkidiki, Crete & Zakynthos eating gyros pretty much on a daily basis there, both chicken & pork and in all cases I have had tzatziki in my gyros without asking apart from at Tazies where apparently the rest of Greece is wrong because the owner (himself saying this) is from Athens and knows better. That's like someone from London telling a Scot how to cook their haggis.

So all the places (including many in Zakynthos that i have previously rated) that put tzatziki in gyros are wrong and this man was telling me his "chicken sauce" (mayonaise) is much better and tastes better. Even after asking for tzatziki he still tried to persist in telling me it was wrong giving the impression he was not happy with me for asking for it but in the end he reluctantly put it in. Strange experience when i see other reviews recommending asking for Tzatziki in their gyros so there is clearly other people out there like myself who know that you don't put "chicken sauce" in a gyros.

It was a shame because so many people talk up about how good this place is but based on my experience and speaking to Taz i never went back nor will I when we return later in the year. I'd rather pay more elsewhere for my gyros and know i'll get. In fact, i'd rather drive half an hour to Alykes to my favourite grill house for a Gyros and know it's done properly.

Mayonnaise in Gyros? No thanks

1  Thank JStodd25
Reviewed June 8, 2019

We ate here a few times as the chicken gyros are amazing and great value! Quick friendly service! Not to be missed!

1  Thank betsyrourke
Reviewed June 8, 2019

Have been here many times over the years and Taz never fails to impress, always treating you like one of the family. The food and service are excellent. The gyros are delicious and are excellent value, you can order half and half pizza, which are made to order and very tasty, Taz always remembers what you like from previous visits. Fantastic place to eat in or takeaway,well recommended if you're lucky enough to be in the lovely kalamaki. Look forward to seeing you again soon Taz and co. Tracey and Yiannis Xx

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed June 6, 2019 via mobile

We went on numerous occasions for gyros , pizzas everything it was absoloutly beautiful every time so cheap and good value for money we even got it delieverd to the hotel one night too the bloke who answers the phone and serves speaks amazing English so even better thank you so much