“Does Exactly What It Says On The Tin”

Oceanic Chill Out Bar
Ranked #1 of 17 Nightlife in Kalamaki
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Set on the original old road of Kalamaki is the first original chill out bar, Oceanic. With its blend of comfortable surroundings, mood lighting and low level music its the ideal place to relax and leave your troubles behind. NO karaoke, NO bingo, NO quizzes, NO TV's, NO entertainment, NO food, just music, conversation and drinks made with only the original brand spirits. The Oceanic is what holidays should be all about, relaxation.
Reviewed October 4, 2011

Well, after looking forward to our holiday to Kalamaki for months (our fifth visit) and fully intending to visit Kev and the Oceanic I have to say that my only observation was - How the hell did it take me until my fifth visit to Kalamaki to drop in on this most perfect of chilled out bars you could imagine. Kev was the most delightful host, albeit working at a frantic pace each evening. Me and my other half (the Pam bit) took the 'out-laws' who both enjoyed the place as much as we did. You've got new 'guests' for life now Kev - well done on contributing to our wonderful holiday with you exceptionally good little bar. See you very soon and - sorry it took us five years to finally get there. Anyone reading this who is visiting Kalamaki - don't be a chump like I've been, get along to this bar asap - you won't regret it. Mark

3  Thank Pammark12
"background music"
in 8 reviews
"most nights"
in 15 reviews
"nothing is too much trouble"
in 11 reviews
"met some lovely people"
in 5 reviews
"lovely guy"
in 7 reviews
"watch the world"
in 8 reviews

Reviewed October 3, 2011

As everyone else seems to have already said: this is a lovely little bar run by a Welsh guy called Kevin. He does so with charm and calm, only running when he needs something from the shop across the road (Brandy, Banana's, etc, etc). Really enjoyed using his place, an ideal bar to chat and relax in, good music and conversation is what you get.

Everyother customer seemed to be known by Kevin, he has many, many returning customers, so he is obviously doing something right!

3  Thank Lincolnshirechap
Reviewed October 1, 2011

We visited the oceanic for 8 of our 10 nights at Kalamaki in Sept 2011. As it says on the tin, no tvs, no gimmicks, and good music ,but not too loud as not to be able to talk.,Kev, your host, will not keep you waiting for your drinks, or the chance to refill them. All you have to do is sit in the warm Grecian air, and watch the world go by, with a cold cocktail ( of which the choice is rather large) a nice cold beer , or in my case a Bacardi and coke. Perfect.

2  Thank wandererDarlodave
Reviewed September 30, 2011

Great looking bar, stands out from the rest. Kevin runs the bar enthusiastically and you can see he really cares. Excellent prices, Head and shoulders above the rest of the bars in Kalamaki, and I would go as far as saying the whole of Zakynthos. You will miss out if you dont visit! He also provides really good free advice on every subject from bingo to the Greek economy!

2  Thank Shiraz64
See more reviews
Reviewed September 27, 2011

Well what can I say. I have know Kev for 7 years now. from the first day I met him, he talked about opening his own bar. He explaned it to me like this. I want to have a bar that you can sit and chill out in comfort. No TV's, No gimmicks, just good tunes and the best drinks. Well I have to say Kev, you pulled it off, and every year you get better at it. you and your bar are like a good bottle of wine, you keep getting better with age.

2  Thank trsmlover1