Carreta Beach Holiday Village
Hotels.com
$37
Roseland Hotel(Kalamaki)
Hotel Macedonia(Kalamaki)
No availability for your dates from our partners
1,529 results
All reviewsfun parkwater parkwave poollife guardskids clubthomas cookbar staffmain barwave machineice creamper childbig slidesanimation teamblock bonion ringsevening entertainmentnext year
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 29, 2010

Just returned from Carretta Beach,have to say no problem with Hotel but our room was the worst room that I have ever stayed in on any holiday .Arrived on Friday 20th was allocated a room in C block that was terrible my daughter was expected to sleep on bed that was right next to toilet door.Spoke to the rep regarding unsuitable room and was told only one room avalible to move too,she then showed me the room that was avalible which on first inspection seemed better than original room so we moved in.A401 can best be described as in the attic,take lift to 3rd floor then walk up 2 flights of stairs in complete darkness to 2 rooms in roof.Iam 6ft and could just stand up in room without banging my head,no water at all on 2 seperate occations,no hot water between 7-30am - 8-30am & 7pm - 8pm,wires hanging from wall from missing TV,balcony overlooking building site and facing directly towards runway,wooden flooring lifting made it difficult to open door,no table or anywere to sit apart from on beds,toilet roll holder fell off as did towell rail.
Only complained about lack of water but problem was never sorted,but by Wednesday had had enough of growing list of faults and spoke to Rep regarding my problems with this room and told her that in my opinion this room was not of 4 star standard and that I would be complaining to First Choice on my return.
Our opinion of this room is that we thought that maybe if was reserved for staff and that on my complaint it had been alocated to us,we were told be reception that this was not the case.
We did enjoy our Holiday in Kalamaki but that was inspite of hotel not because of it,so beware don`t except room A401

Reviewed August 28, 2010

Hotel was very clean and staff friendly. Some aircraft noise but only during day. Lots of nice restaurants locally. Good choice of pools round hotel, some days needed to get up early to get a sunbed, which was rather anoying. Hired car from Yannis at Hermes, would go back next year but hotel is going AI and we prefer SC.

Reviewed August 25, 2010

After reading all the reviews I wasn't looking forward to our stay. I was very surprised our room was very clean and as expected small but fine with two young children 8 and 4. Our room was in the dreaded B block opposite the bar but the noise was fine if you closed your windows. Building work was noisey during the day and had a problem with them starting twice at 7am but spoke to customer relations lady and it was sorted out. Staff are not very friendly and the childrens club is very badly run. The hotel itself was clean and the pool area bar is very noisey but there are other pools to choose from we used the quiet one and it was lovely - no music or bar. I would not be using the hotel next year as the biggest waterpark on the island is being built on the complex how can a family relax when there is a waterpark the small ones will be trying to get on all the slides. We found the food in Zante terrible not a nice restaurant anywhere Olive Tree is ok but all the restaurants have menus with at least 60 dishes on how they can be fresh.

Reviewed August 24, 2010

I stayed at this hotel with my family and had a fantastic holiday.
ignore all of the negative reviews, and remember.....you are in GREECE, not england!!!!! enjoy yourself!!!
we have all been young once and know that when young people are in a hotel they are bound to make some noise, yes they made noise at night but the hotel management and holiday reps were quick to deal with them once they had been informed of their behaviour!!
the staff and entertainment is brilliant and the hotel is in a fantastic location, kalamaki is a quiet resort but plenty of stuff for everyone from fantastic restaurants to different kinds of bars, crazy golf, free transport to go-karting and horse riding and only a 10/15 minute to the beach!!!
for those of you who have complained about the late night flights, i too was on an early morning flight but if you were to read your contract with your travel company BEFORE you sign it you would see it is cleap that it states that you FIRST night has been reserved for you so you can check in when you arrive......this is the same across the world for EVERY early morning flight with any travel company so why are some people complaining and being rude to the reps and hotel staff?!?!?!?!?it's not their fault, it's yours for not reading your contract before you sign it!!!!

thank you for a fantastic holiday myself and my family will definately be back again!!!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank lovetrave11ing
Reviewed August 23, 2010

Just back from a fortnight at Caretta Beach with First Choice from 8 - 22 August. We had a really good time and liked the hotel and Kalamaki.

We were in F block which is over O'Reillys bar and was nice and quiet, as that bar shuts at 7pm and people in the neighbouring apartments were quiet. Our 3 person studio apartment was pretty tiny, with very basic kitchen facilities but it was absolutely fine for us and forced us to keep it tidy to have enough space! I wouldn't have liked to have 3 people staying in it though. We managed not to flood the bathroom too much even without a shower curtain.

Cleaning was frequent but irregular - we didn't have our bins emptied for three days, but after that it was almost every day and we got new towels and sheets roughly every three days and mopping at a similar interval. The public areas and pools were always very clean and staff were busy keeping the place tidy all the time.

The pools were one of the main draws for us and didn't let us down. There were 7 plus 2 jacuzzis. One huge irritation for the fortnight was the 7am sunlounger brigade. Whatever time we got up (even when we were up at 6.30am for the Kefalonia trip one day) towels were out bagging loungers. We managed to get loungers every day without doing this (as we didn't want to stoop to that obnoxious level) but we did have to go to different pools each day to do this. I actually think this was good, as all the pools had a different atmosphere. Volleyball was on every day and my husband played and enjoyed it a couple of times, and there were loads of other things going on such as water aerobics, killer pool, kids lilo races etc but no pressure to join in if you just wanted to chill out.

We didn't go to either O'Reillys or the Bikini Bar as we didn't drink in the day but we went to the main bar a few times for the pizza night and to see Lucia and Richie Valadez sing and it was pretty good - not cheap, but no more expensive than most other bars in Kalamaki.

We went on quite a few excursions - Shipwreck Cove and a day's hire car through the First Choice rep, Kefalonia through Pat's Tours on the strip and the Laganas pub crawl through the Thomas Cook rep - all were good, though I don't think we'd get a car again as the roads and other drivers were a nightmare and a bit stressful.

We've only given 3 for location as although it was great for the bars and restaurants on the strip, it was a bit of a trek to the beach. We didn't get ourselves organised to get the free bus, though I think this would have been a good thing to do. The beach itself was small but nice and on another poster's recommendation, we bought a parasol for 6 Euros instead of hiring one for 7 Euros per day.

I won't go through all the bars and restauarnts, but we didn't eat anywhere duff and got good cocktails in loads of places. A trip to the old road is a must as there are nice bars like Oceanic and Mojitos and restuarants like Hera , and a more chilled out atmosphere than the main road.

Temperature was probably a bit hot for us in August (mid 30s to 40ish) but we always had parasols round the pool and on the beach and aircon in the room was pricey but a must.

Great holiday, depsite any of the niggles I mentioned - we'd recommend it.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple