All reviewssister hotelsoup manpool arearelaxing holidayair conquiet hotelclub sandwichice creamplenty of sunbedszante townplenty of choicesky newswedding partypool towelsshallow endpacked lunchturtle nesting
Reviewed May 20, 2012

My friends and I have just returned from a great relaxing week at this hotel and we are looking forward to going again next year. It is an a really convenient location - not too remote within easy walking distance into town but away from all the noise. The staff were very understanding, friendly and courteous and the hotel was spotlessly clean.
We went all inclusive and I was worried the food might be of a poor quality but it was absolutely delicious. FANTASTIC pool area. No complaints at all!!!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
5  Thank jane S
Reviewed May 17, 2012

Second visit to the hotel and the standards have improved.

Starting at reception Petra was on hand for check in and wow she is an absolute credit to the hotel. Nothing is too much trouble for this receptionist and she is an absolute credit to the hotel. The room was the same as our last visit as I had emailed the hotel and requested the room and yes it was waiting. Petra is not just the receptionist she is the tour guide taxi booker and she is will go above and beyond her job role to make sure everything you need is available.

The rooms, yes they have been upgraded with key locking doors new furniture and a modern safe in the room 15 euros a week. The rooms themselves are very good for a Greek island please remember you are in Greece, Negatives the bathrooms are small but spotless. We had an ant problem reported and resolved within 2 hours many other hotels around the world could learn from this service.

The hotel is beautiful set in well tendered gardens with a large pool and a good number of sun loungers. The water yes its cold but it is May so understandable. Everything is cleaned as the army of maids work behind the scenes cleaning everything that moves whilst everyone sleeps; the pool was cleaned every day and chemically checked at least 3 times in the seven days we were there.

The dining room is modern and bright the choice is not extensive and very Greek but I have never eaten so well and so healthy for a week in years. I have a strange allergy and the chef came out every night and informed me what was safe to eat and what I should avoid. The hotels chef is new and the food has improved. Try the vegetarian lasagne so fresh and so tasty. The staff in the dining room work so hard im sorry I cannot remember names but the head waitress greeted us every day with a smile a chat and then reappeared to say goodbye despite working away in a busy room she remembers everyone and everyone will remember her.

The all-inclusive ahh a sticking point I cannot fault the service and the drinks are yes bottled with locally produced soft drinks spirits beer and wine. I cannot fault the drinks or the service but this hotel is so much better than a run of the mill all inclusive. There is a water machine for fresh water but what I object to is people filling water bottles with water to take with them to the beach. Its only 30p a bottle in a local shop but some clients thought all inclusive also included providing water for a day at the beach.

The location yes the brochure states 400meters to the beach well if you can climb a 5 ft. wall climb through trees and cross scrubland it is. The beach via the path is about 1000m away a pleasant walk. Other reviews have not been happy with the beach yes it’s not the best in the world but the beach is a wildlife reserve and we use as do nesting loggerhead turtles. I think the turtles are good to allow us to use their breeding ground.

Kalamaki it’s in decline but as is all of Greece but the local shops are very accommodating and if you but anything from them cannot thank you enough for your custom, the bars are good go to the Iguana Bar its signposted and is the best bar in the area and Harris will look after you. The beach bar is great for having a drink and waiting for the next plane to fly over your head to land, yes the aircraft are low and noisy but not intrusive and stop at 11.00pm.

Zante town is full of character for a modern industrial port.
laganus by day is good for present shopping and Tsivili has the best beach.

Overall if you want a great hotel quality food peace quiet in stunning surroundings with a staff that will accommodate everything you need this is the hotel to choose. The all-inclusive is good for 3 meals a day a drink after dinner and then a short stroll into town is best. The hotel does not do nightlife or music it does peace quiet and relaxation.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
10  Thank cdave10
Reviewed May 16, 2012

My partner and I have just returned from a great relaxing week at this hotel and I certainly wouldn't hesitate to return. The staff are so friendly and courteous the hotel was spotlessly clean and the food is absolutely delicious and there's plenty of it

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank John M
Reviewed October 31, 2011

My wife and I Booked this Hotel after reading various reviews on Trip advisor.... we were looking for a cheap last minute relaxing Holiday where we could get some sun and enjoy the rest... We found what we were looking for with this Hotel.

Yes it was the end of season but we new it would be... traveled second week in October 18th - 25th so were taking the risk on the weather. Most of the week was lovely and sunny with temps into the 70s with only 1 day of showers.This Hotel has a very short transfer time from the airport ( which is New, Modern and clean) approx 5 mins by Taxi which was ideal.

Hotel was great and suited our needs... Booked All Inclusive and had no problems getting drinks when needed, All Inclusive finished at Midnight so plenty of time to relax in the Bar / lounge and enjoy a drink.

As end of season only few people in hotel approx 30 at beginning of week reducing to 15 or so by end of week, but the staff were great and the food was lovely, well cooked and good choice everyday even though there were only a few people staying.

Hotel was clean and well situated, only 5 min walk to the Beach and not much further to the center of Kalamki for shops and resturants, Bars etc. Outdoor pool at Hotel very nice but very cold... Bedroom basic but clean and suitable, bath very small, shower adequant and the slamming of bathroom windows made for some entertainment..... Got cold in the evenings so requested a blanket for the bed and got one without any problems.

Hired a car for the day which only cost 25 euros but fuel is expensive at approx 176 euros a litre, although the island is small and we easily toured the island in a day. There are some lovely places to see on Zante and would recommend hiring a car.

There are a lot of wild / stray cats and Dogs ( Which my wife felt very sorry for) but they did not cause us any problems. Took some insect repelant but did not get bitten by any insects.

Met some great people and had a very relaxing Holiday....

Room Tip: High Room with Pool view is good... Upgrade to superior room if given option as bigger rooms and balcony.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank David N
Reviewed October 26, 2011

This review is written on the last week of the season, middle of October.
This hotel is so frustrating, it has the potential to be really good sadly let down by a number of factors.
I believe the same standards should be applied to a hotel, whether you are at the start of the season, middle or end, or maybe this is how it is?
Let’s start with the good, the hotel receptionist Petra is lovely cannot do enough for you, speaks very good English. She puts that personal touch to your holiday. The location of the hotel is good, quiet, not far from the beach. The aircraft noise did not bother us; in fact it’s interesting to see them close up.
We were upgraded to a Superior Room, (only about twenty five people left in hotel), what a let down. The bathroom tiles were dirty, wished I had not looked under the bed. The mattresses were hard; springs had broken, more comfy on the floor. If these were the Superior Room’s, what are the standard room’s like?
Previous reviews have said this Hotel is not a Thomson four T, I agree it should be a three; their own rating is a three star.
The rooms need urgent modernising, especially the bathrooms, and a really good clean. The rest of the Hotel is ok, it is clean and spacious.
The food was a good point; majority of it is cooked from scratch, a welcome relief to eat Hotel food with taste. Don’t expect a wide selection, jelly and ice cream everyday a bit 70’s.
You can have drinks with your meals, not just one. The rep told us the Hotel was getting a bit tight, trying to tell customers only one drink, we had as much as we wanted, as it should be.
If you want peace and quiet with no entertainment this is the hotel for you, just as we like it sister hotel Grande Bitzaro just down the way has all the entertainment you want.
As for outside the Hotel, Kalamaki a strip of bars and restaurants, plenty of rubbish everywhere, the rats and dogs seemed to be in their element, Laganos speaks for itself.
Compared to other Greek islands Zante a real let down, it’s needs a damn good clean up of all the rubbish everywhere.

Room Tip: Get a high floor, overlooking the pool.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family