“it was ok”
Review of Denny's Inn Hotel

Denny's Inn Hotel
Ranked #7 of 30 Hotels in Kalamaki
Reviewed September 15, 2013

after reading lots of positive reviews about this hotel we were really looking forward to our holiday; staying 10 nights with our two friends. I can only say that all the reviews are mainly from people who go back to this place year upon year, and spend most/all of their time at the pool then at the bar. unfortunately we aren't people who enjoy all the karoke, deal or no deal, etc., as we like to get out and about and see the place. don't get me wrong, the rooms were nice, cleaned every day and staff when we needed to get our key or an occasional drink before we went out were nice. the breakfasts was just awful, starting at 7.30 am and finishing at 9.30 am. the early opening was too early and people often descended in the area at about 9am when the staff found this too much to cope with. the layout was totally wrong, people just wanting a coffee had to wait while the guests served themselves as it was set out on a L shaped table??? coffee and tea at the end, then the toaster plonked on the end..... Someone should introduce them to meat - a rasher of bacon or a sausage wouldn't go amiss. for 3.45 euros on the strip you could get a full English with orange, tea or coffee, so I would like to know how much out of the cost of the hotel actually is paid for breakfast. so to sum up, if you love your holiday to be spent entirely at the hotel joining in the activities then its for you, unfortunately we aren't into stuff like that, but a nice breakfast wouldn't have gone amiss.

Room Tip: get a room at the front of the hotel looking inland, lovely and quiet, and you don't have to lis...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 15, 2013

This was our second visit to Kalamaki and our first to Denny's. We saw Denny's on our last visit and thought the location was better suited to us as a family,there were eleven of us and after reading the reviews decided to give it a go, and we were not dissapointed. Rooms are good although bathrooms are a bit of a squeeze, the pool area is well kept and there are plenty of sunbeds, there were people putting towels out from about 6.30am, we managed to get eight sunbeds together every day usually about 7.30 to 8am.The pool bar serves food which is very good value for money, and very good portions( the kids hotdog and chips will easily go between two), and the price of drinks is also very reasonable. We were not impressed with the breakfast, so decided not to bother most days as it was usually hard boiled or scrambled eggs, and the toaster does six slices but is very slow. We probably would return to Denny's but our next couple of holidays are already booked and we are trying other Greek islands. Overall we enjoyed our stay.

Room Tip: Rooms 107 to 110 are garden level and pool facing. 107 is very tiny balcony and no where to dry towe...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 15, 2013

We have just returned from our second holiday at Denny's Inn and it was amazing. As we have stayed before we knew which rooms we liked so requested this before we arrived and we were not disappointed. The staff are very friendly and hotel is spotless. The food and drink is excellent value for money. The resort is lovely and we will definitely be returning again.

Room Tip: Request a room facing Iguana bar. The view is lovely (bar is far away), these rooms overlook the fie...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sharon B
Reviewed September 14, 2013

Overall, me and my boyfriend enjoyed our stay at Denny's Inn.
Our room was located on ground floor, would have preferred a higher room but having said that, no lifts so hauling the suitcases up the flights of stairs would have been a nuisance!
The room was extremely basic. The shower room was what let it down for me. I didn't expect 5 star quality but I did expect a functioning shower that you could attach to the wall and wouldn't fly about everywhere, drowning the whole bathroom! The bath is teeny tiny too and the plastic was coming away from the tub, which was clogging the plug hole up!! Not nice.
Had to pay for air con and fridge :( not the end of the world but the air con stank! A horrible fousty smell!
Food and drinks are extremely reasonable prices and of good quality. Large variety on menu but even if you feel that's it not for you, the location of the hotel itself is surrounded by various other restaurants so its not a problem. Short distance to the beach, two sunbeds and a brolly cost €7 which I thought was reasonable.
Managed to see a baby turtle on the beach!!! He was so small!
Shipwreck cove trip is a must!! Absolutely beautiful. Cost €30 euro each so a little dead but well worth it!
Went to a couple of bars around kalamaki in the evenings after our meal but in the end we decided that the entertainment and atmosphere was so warming at the hotel bar, that we decided to
stay there most nights. The strawberry daiquiri cocktails were amazing!!! The girl who worked behind the hotel bar made it an enjoyable expedience too, so polite and welcoming.

Loved all the lizards outside out door in the evenings! Some of them were pretty big! :)
Didn't see one mosquito which was fantastic!

Generally, was a lovely holiday. A couple of things need improving but like I said, it's not the Ritz! You get what you pay for. It's definitely worth a stay but I can't see why people go back time and time again.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed September 11, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here twice. Rooms are clean and good value for money. Food and drink reasonably priced. Excellent location near to beach, bars and restaurants. Staff are friendly and helpful. Entertainment on a night is fun! Suitable for families an couples. Will definitely be going back in the near future.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank elmaholmes
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Absolutely fantastic. This hotel is well worth a visit. I have been to some hotels and I can honestly say this has to be the best. I went for relaxation and that is what I got. Not one day without a sunbed. Food = v.good. Staff = very very friendly. Hope to go back next year but not looking likely as the dates I've asked for have sold out :( :(

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank Chezziehogan
Reviewed September 5, 2013

I have been to Dennys Inn quite a few times over the last 15 years. This has been the first time back for quite some years and again I had a fantastic holiday. The staff are all really friendly and helpful and most of the people Dennys attract are also great, this seems one of the most relaxed hotels, I always have a great time and a great laugh. The location is really good, a short walk from the lovely Kalamaki beach and also the strip of great restaurants. The hotel is clean, the pool area is always really clean, a really nice area to just chill out! The snack bar has plenty on offer even for a fussy eater like me! We all enjoyed coming back to the hotel after our dinner and a walkabout to try some of the cocktails, at 3 euro's each they are great value. I would definitely recommend this hotel to my friends.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank d_l_k_m
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kalamaki
Venus Hotel & Suites
#3 of 30 in Kalamaki
Klelia Beach Hotel
Klelia Beach Hotel
#5 of 30 in Kalamaki

Been to Denny's Inn Hotel? Share your experiences!