“Excellent well run hotel”

Bitzaro Grande Hotel
Ranked #6 of 30 Hotels in Kalamaki
Reviewed June 5, 2011

Not much you can add to the reviews already posted. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Bitzaro Grande We both thought the hotel was very friendly and Thomas is a star if you are not into bingo (we are not) you could sit upstairs inside or out and be away from the bingo. The food was very nice with a good selection and there was always enough food put out even if you were a late arrival. The staff are always helpful and pleasant. The hotel is spotless and even at the end of the day the pool was crystal clear. This is a excellent hotel were hopefully we will return one day

1  Thank dunc62

Reviewed June 5, 2011

Fantastic holiday all the staff are lovely and go out of their way to help, tried to book in January for this September but fully booked so that says it all.

• Stayed: September 2010
2  Thank pppppp
Reviewed June 5, 2011

Just returned from our trip to this hotel. Once again another great holiday. FIrstly I would like to mention i had the bug which was all over the island not just in this hotel. The bug only last 12 hours and the hotel provided me with some dry toast and I was asked if I would prefer some homemade soup. Food was excellent I would like to say thanks to Eric the chef for making my waist band grow two inches. A big thank you to Nicky at the pool bar.
As to last comments about the entertainment, when we were there they had employed a professional dancer to give the team lessons, and I know THOMAS works hard to ensure that everyone has a brillant holiday. This is the best hotel I have stayed and I will be booking again for next year.

7  Thank flyingmackem
Reviewed June 4, 2011

Stayed here from 26th may to 2nd june,staff very friendly ,hotel clean,first visit to zante and probably the last. I also had the ''bug''and was ill for at least 48 hours and am only just feeling better i informed hotel staff and was given a tablet, but was not offered any special diet ,on our last evening my daughter also came down with the bug and was just offered a doctor,but at 160 euros you tend to decline.I also could here my neighbour being sick all through the same night.i think you will be ok at this hotel if you have visited before and you are in the gold wrist band club.
Live entertainment would be a bonus, Thomas was not our idea of evening entertainment, felt like a Butlins abroad, with a caravan click of gold members.
Food was ok but choice was a bit bland.Wines were awful and beer without a a taste
(Zorba) it couldn't reach parts other beers could.(try Amstel at least it has taste)
We spoke to other guests who too had the same opinion as us, and will too be putting there comments on trip advisor when they return.
Sunbeds were hard to get hold of and after 9am no chance, sat on chairs most of the day, whilst i noticed sunbeds with towels on them all day and no on them. waited until the end of the day & then someone came and collected there towels and went back to there room. Obviously they wanted the best of both worlds. How about allocating 2 beds per room (numbered beds) so at least you get a chance to use them. steve lisa &phoebe

5  Thank waddock
Reviewed June 4, 2011

just returned from bitzro grande what a brill holiday thomas and the team were fantastic all the staff were we got married in zante and the hotel could not do enough for us only down side was we got a stomach bug 24 hours all done dont think it was anything to do with hotel just one of them things food was good every day clean and tidy hotel all in all well worth the money

1  Thank poc12s
Reviewed June 3, 2011

We stayed at the Bitzaro Grande for one week from 22nd May, this was our second visit to this hotel. The Hotel is spotlessly clean, the staff are amazing with a special mention to the housemaids, reception staff and Nicky at the pool bar. The entertainment staff, led by Thomas are fantastic, not pushy, I am not a "joiner" (preferring to stay on my sunbed with my book) but my partner is so we are both happy. The entertainment is very much interactive, I have never met so many people on holiday as at this hotel. The food is of a very high standard, there is something for everyone. You must get out and about if you vist Zakynthos as it is the most beautiful Island. This is the only hotel that we have made a return vist to as we prefer to try different places, but we will definately be back to the Bitzaro Grande. A big thank you to all the staff! See you all again 2012.

5  Thank Shani63
Reviewed June 3, 2011

Returned from Kalamaki 02/06/11 having stayed at the Bitzaro Grande for two weeks. I have to say that by enlarge the hotel and staff were excellent. The food was very good and there was plenty of choice. The maids ensured your room was kept nice and clean visiting every day. How the reception staff manage to remember your room number so quickly I will never Know!
My wife was also hit by the Virus whilst we were there. The virus lasted 24hrs and the local pharmacy will provide the necessary medication for less than 10euros, the doctor if called will charge 120euros ( that's what she charged us ).
As fergie57 said bingo is not my thing either and alternative entertainment such as singers and perhaps traditional dancers would be nice.
On the whole though very good and you can see why people keep returning year on year.

4  Thank forster62
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kalamaki
Bitzaro Palace Hotel
Meandros Boutique Hotel
Meandros Boutique Hotel
#3 of 30 in Kalamaki
Tui Sensimar Caravel Resort and Spa

Been to Bitzaro Grande Hotel? Share your experiences!