“Very friendly atmosphere, lovely food”
Review of Yamas

Yamas
Ranked #34 of 62 Restaurants in Kalamaki
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Pontefract, United Kingdom
“Very friendly atmosphere, lovely food”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

We have just returned from our holiday to Kalamaki and we dined at Yamas restaurant. The staff are very pleasant and friendly, they make you feel extremely welcome and they always remember you. We we surprised when we received a selection of complimentary starters which were along with the main meal delicious. The prices weren't extortionate although there were cheaper restaurants I would still recommend Yamas.

• Greek first
  • Polish first
Godalming, United Kingdom
“Awesome food, great service, can't believe people are moaning about free food :P”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Free starters, free desserts and free drinks after the meal = over €30 of free stuff between 4 of us, I checked the menu prices when we visited again. It was not added onto the bill, maybe a euro more expensive then some other places but no where near the extortionate prices people are saying. Friendly staff, and fantastic food. Personally I can recommend the chicken fajitas, had them in two other places and they weren't half as good as the ones in Yamas.

Definitely a place worth going!

South East England, United Kingdom
“Terrible”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Not a lot to say really, most expensive, tasteless rip off in Kalamaki. No such thing as a free starter, no large bottles of water only small !!!!!!! waiters and waitresses not interested, not particularly friendly. The guy at the front hassles everyone, so he gets the one star only because he's by the beach selling trips and is always pleasant. Plenty of other much better places to go.

2 Thank Taffrodo
“Don't touch the steak !!”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

I know it was probably a mistake.... But it says its a steak house! So I ordered a Sirloin steak without a sauce, I was very disappointed with what arrived, it was certainly not a sirloin, it had no taste at all, I complained to the waiter and asked what is was and he said it was sirloin, he made no attempt to change it or offer anything else, just told me it had been rubbed/marinated with garlic and olive oil, I wish I could have tasted that!

As for the rest of of our experience at this restaurant, (there were eight of us) we were inundated with free this and that including starters and bread and drinks but despite that this was the most expensive meal we had by far.

Some of our party enjoyed the food, but all agreed we had eaten much better, and received better service.

There are plenty of much better restaurants than this in and around Kalamaki

3 Thank Nilskeef
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Very good food and the guy at the front was always friendly to us!”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

We really enjoyed the meal here and would describe it as one of the best. It was one of the more expensive ones though, and after reading some of the other reviews I now wonder if the "starters on the house" were included in my bill. I always tip and would be disappointed if I had also paid a service charge. Make sure you check your bill - I will be in future.

Visited August 2013