“Perfection”

Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 4, 2018

This restaurant was on our list of places to visit but as the other reviews explain it is right at the end of the main road so it is easily overlooked. We specifically went as the waiter in Buon Amici explained it was one of a few Greek owned restaurants in Kalamaki and all we can say is we are so glad we had the conversation with that waiter.
This is Greek food and hospitality at its very best. Our holidays are a real treat and we really look forward to a meal out as it is a luxury to have delicious food cooked for you and Milos was just what we were looking for – we are overjoyed that Yanni sorry as I have probably spelt this wrongly) stayed open the whole week we were in Kalamaki so we could enjoy such unbelievably authentic wonderful home cooked food – my mouth is watering thinking about it. To say the food is delicious is an understatement. Yanni and the waitress are so welcoming and friendly – we are so happy to have met them. As other reviewers have said there is lovely Greek music in the background – exactly what you want to hear when you are on holiday. Add all this together and the result is perfection!
On our first visit we ordered tzatziki, olives and calamari for starters, liver and lamb chops for mains. We were just overwhelmed at the quality. I am being completely honest when I say it is the best tzatziki I have ever tasted. We had a bottle of melitis which complemented everything beautifully. My husband’s lamb chops were gorgeous and there were loads of them. My liver was unbelievable and was served with a little gravy and sweet onions on the top. The potatoes were also out of this world. We have read comments about no veg but we would say this is usual for Greek restaurants and anyway the potatoes, salad and rice are sufficient as we were really full. While we were there we talked to a group of lovely people who had been coming back to Milos for years. We also heard another couple there say they would be coming back the next night.
On our next visits Yanni recommended bougiourdi which was feta baked with a garlicy tomato sauce – this was superb. Other starters we had were garlic mushrooms (unbelievable with tomatoes and a hint of cinnamon), creamy mushrooms (another unbelievable) and mussels (outstanding). Our mains included honey lamb which was just gorgeous – it is served with a delicious gravy and carrots and courgettes: steak (gorgeous), souvlaki (mmmmm) and sea bass (Yanni filleted this for us and it was delicious). We chose yoghurt and honey for dessert – this was presented so beautifully with crushed walnuts on the top and it tasted so delicious that we are now converts to Greek yoghurt. Another thing we want to mention is that the prices are so unbelievably reasonable for this quality of food – everything is cooked to order and is just so delicious (sorry I know I keep saying delicious but it just is!).
All we can say is efharisto poli to Yanni for such an amazing time at his fantastic restaurant. We completely agree with other reviews and would give Milos 10 stars if we could! Highly recommended.

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed October 19, 2018 via mobile

We’ve just returned from the best meal we’ve had all week. The Lamb kleftiko was fabulous and far superior to the one I had at Hera a few nights ago. The stuffed vine leaves, salad and potato skins were fresh, tasty and full of flavour. The hospitality was genuine, friendly and a welcome change from the ‘fake friendliness’ we experienced at other local establishments. We would not hesitate to recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for authentic Greek cuisine and genuine Greek hospitality, it’s not to be missed!

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed October 1, 2018

Milos restaurant is towards the end of the High Street in Kalamaki and is a great place to enjoy an evening meal as we found on the three occasions we decided to eat there - this was our favorite place to eat. As it is towards the end of the street it tends to be a little quieter and has a very relaxing atmosphere.
The staff and owner are extremely friendly, attentive and give great service - nothing is too much trouble and all done with a smile.
The menu gives a good choice of Greek traditional dishes all at excellent prices, and all cooked from fresh.
Overall this restaurant is well worth a visit and the slightly longer walk dependant on where you are staying.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed September 28, 2018

Milos Restaurant is one of the quieter locations, but better for it. Traditional Greek food, friendly welcome and not as expensive as some of the other restaurants. Giannis the owner really cares that people enjoy their food and always goes the extra mile for customers. They are open all through October as well. Sometimes the Restaurants close early October so this is a bonus.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed September 22, 2018 via mobile

Visited September 18 and left feeling disappointed. Pizza I ordered and expected to be home made and traditional as I have experienced in other restaurants - not here I’m afraid. It was a mass produced frozen pizza with extra cheese and tomato added to make it look like home made. It was ok but can’t even come close to other restaurants near by. My wife had lamb in honey sauce which she said was very tender but very fatty.
Restaurant advertising 20% discount for guests between 6pm and 7pm which we were however bill came with no discount, to be honest I said to my wife that they wouldn’t apply the discount not that we went there early for the discount so was no surprise. We paid the bill and will not return so their loss in the long run.

Date of visit: September 2018