“Wondeful food”

Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Scenic view, Families with children, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Beautiful beach side restaurant, do all the traditional greek dishes but better than most of the other nearby Tavernas. Staff really friendly and provide excellent service as well as excellent food. lovely sunset views of the mountains and a nice breeze.

Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

Zepos
Well clearly some of you love this restaurant but I have to say it's not for us. Yes it's a nice setting and even nicer if you are a smoker as the best tables are reserved for you. Odd but I thought European directives applied equally across Europe even if you are on holiday.

Still, there was a friendly welcome or so it seemed until we sat for a while and noticed the staff appeared programmed; almost robotic. Perfectly courteous unless you needed something "off script". But hey their English is better than my Greek, mostly.

Don't misunderstand the food was good enough but do I really need my Saganaki cheese flambéed at the table? This is Greece and it's fried cheese when all said and done. An extra €2 to have it on fire?

Prices? Well, that's why we only had mains and a drink each. I like to indulge on holiday but if we ate there every night we'd have to stay an extra week and wash up to pay our debts. It is overly expensive. I'm sorry but I'd rather be in Michaelos which is where you'll find me for the test of the holiday. Genuine Greek food, genuine Greek people with no silly show. Go and try it but I'll bet you a Mythos that he says "Whoopa" when he incinerates your cheese!

Reviewed July 28, 2013

Been going to Kalamaki for several years now and never been to Zepos until this year following a recommendation from the owner of the Dias restaurant (yes from a rival restaurant owner!), and I have to say I was more than surprised. Traditional Greek food with a difference. The 'beef in the pot' doesn't sound the greatest but beef in Greek sauce with thin baked feta and beetroot was awesome and not what I was expecting. We are back in August for two weeks and will be visiting on more than one occasion.

Reviewed July 26, 2013

We've been coming to Zepos every year for quite a few years now, and every year we're really pleased. The food is consistently very good quality, and the staff are well trained and attentive without being fussy. This is a place we visit at least 2 or 3 times every time we have a holiday in Kalamaki, safe in the knowledge that we'll be having good quality food, cooked fresh rather than being pre-packed or frozen, served by waiters who actually care about the customers, and make sure their dining experience is enjoyable. Nothing is too much trouble, and we'd thoroughly recommend Zepos. Oh, and the view over the sea is amazing at dusk, particularly when there's a moon. Very romantic!

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant
Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

Nice restaurant down by the sea with great views. Staff were all very friendly and welcoming.

Food was very impressive also! And probably the best priced that why tried.

Has the best kids play area to keep them entertained until dinner came!

Only gripes were the menu selection was quite small and the restaurant was a tad too far from where we stayed, otherwise we'd have ate more often!