“Not bad”
Review of Artemis - CLOSED

Artemis
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Greek
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
South Shields, United Kingdom
“Not bad”
Reviewed October 16, 2013 via mobile

Thought I'd give the seafood menu a shot seeing as they had a 30 per-cent discount on the seafood. I cant remember exactly which I ordered, but it sounded very nice.

It would have been nice to have revieved the actual 30 per-cent discount on my meal too, but I didn't really want to question this upon receipt of our bill.

It was very flavoursome, but I'm a "fence-sitter" when it comes to seafood & found it a bit too much flavoursome. It was just warm when it reached my table, but I understand seafood & veg can go from hot to tepid very quick. It has put me off trying seafood in any restaurant, but if u do like seafood, I'd recommend giving it a whirl. It just wasnt my cup of tea. I did end up with a bad belly the next day, but seafood can be dodgy the best of times.

Customer service wasn't as friendly once u were in the restaurant, but it wasn't "bad". The curly-haired, tanned dude on the front was always lovely to speak to & not pushy with us.

“Great Steaks!”
Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

Good restaurant, friendly helpful staff, the owner Spiros/Spearos was a great guy, good food at great value, the steaks are huge and amazing, thank you will definitely be back!

• Visited September 2013
3 Thank RobertL1976
Basildon, United Kingdom
“Excellent Value”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

We have used this restaurant on many occasions over the past 6 years The owners (Nicos and Spiros} are very friendly and enjoy a good interaction with their customers. Most days there is 30% discount on certain types of meals i.e pork 1 night chichen another

Visited September 2013
3 Thank Derek P
County Durham
“nice”
Reviewed September 14, 2013

great atmosphere, very Greek! We had lovely meals here my fillet steak was done to perfection and my husbands mixed grill was huge! Lovely clean toilets as well which is a bonus.

Visited August 2013
Penarth, United Kingdom
“Not one to miss”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Visited this restaurant for the first time this year, The staff are very friendly and extremely hard working. The first night we visited, the food was very good and good value for money. The second time we visited, I was a little disappointed with the quality of the food in the main course. The pork kebab was very tough and I couldn't even cut some of the pieces with my knife, ended up leaving most of my main course. That said, I believe it was simply a one off bad night for the chef, as most people I spoke to were always singing the praises of the restaurant. Would I go back again? Yes

Visited August 2013