Sofia's Hotel
Sirocco Hotel(Kalamaki)
Hotel Vanessa(Kalamaki)
Athina Apts.(Kalamaki)
  • Pool
All reviewsair connext yearrooms are basichold the shower headshop next doorpool areahand heldlady on receptionwet roomyour doorstepself cateringplenty sunbedstwo weekscleaning ladiesgreat holidayheavens kitchenbars and restaurants
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Stayed at the appartments in August.we were welcomed and given the keys to our room quickly on arrival.The rooms are basic and should have a Tv and especially a toaster having to buy one in the supermarket is not really acceptable.The complex is lovely and clean and the pool great for the kids not to deep also plenty of sun beds which is wonderful .The bar is nice but the down side is you canot have your own snacks or drinks by the pool unless purchased from the bar which can end up beign soo expensive and at times the children would have to go upstairs to have a snack or drink because of the no food or drink rule which is ridiculous as its self catering and thats the whole point somedays I would spend €30.00 just on drinks because I was getting fed up going upstairs to have a drink or say some crisps . Also the children get told by staff not to splash in the pool as it wets there tables i think personaly a pool is for swimming and fun and this made my children very self consious when in the pool they were worried they were going to splash .Would I go back to kalamaki yes as its very calm and relaxing place .Beware of the charges for the safe and aircon I paid €85.00Euros for a week and I was very dissapointed as it should be included .Sophias supermaket ia also expensive a pint of fresh milk was €2.45 and cereal €4.00 you are better off going for a walk up the road to a supermaket called budget its half the price.The restaurants are wonderful and always had fantastic meals good value for money.For the kids there is nothing really to do in the evenings so its quite boring for them and the teenagers theres laganas which is a short journey €10 in a cab.Zante is lovely to go into at night by the marina nice and busy and lots to wonder around .overal lovely holiday and would recomend kalamaki and Sopias and get up early to see the logger head turtels hatching this made our holiday was wonderful to see.

2  Thank Gizmo308
Reviewed September 3, 2013

My family 0f 5 -3 adults in their 50s and our adult sons have just returned from Sophia's Apartments and we had a fabulous time. The place is beautifully laid out with a nice pool right in the centre. There is a supermarket right next door so handy for all your needs. The staff who work tirelessly at this place are wonderful, I really felt like I'd come home. Sarah and Christina go that extra mile and take a personal interest in your stay and they will chat and offer advice if you want to spend time at the pleasant bar. The food here is EXCELLENT and very very cheap, I never eat burgers in the UK but my husband talked me into trying their homemade burger and it was gorgeous. There is a calm feel to the place and although it is near everything it feels like a little oasis in Kalamaki. Well done you guys and I will be recommending you to all my friends.

Room Tip: Catch the FREE bus that stops over the road every morning at 10.15 to Agios Nikolaus for a great day out. Hire a car with Sarah's help and swim in Limonionas, you will never be the same again !!!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Carubwyd
Reviewed August 25, 2013

These studios have everything you need for a relaxing stay in fabulous Zante - the accommodation is basic but clean and has a handy supermarket on site so you don't have a long walk for things like bottled water which hang heavy for 2 girls travelling alone as we were. There is even a library so you can swap your pool side book once read as well as an excellent bar serving drinks and snacks. We would definitely go back. Not too far from the airport (we took a 10 minute taxi ride rather than the dreaded airport coach stopping at 10 hotels before yours!) Also there is free Wifi here which my teenage daughter loved !

Room Tip: We asked for a room away from the main bar area due to the music and were allocated a room perfect to enjoy the music but once its bed time this allows you to sleep in peace, the Manager is very welcoming and will do all she possibly can to make your stay comfortable and relaxing
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Clare Q
Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

There are fantastic reviews for this hotel under kalamaki hotels and under 'speciality lodging'. I can't fathom how it's rated so high.my boyfriend and I stayed for two weeks.

Rooms: We paid €160 for air con and a safe for two weeks which is too expensive on top of saying almost €700 Euro for the room. When we first went into the room 3light bulbs weren't working and the smoke alarm was beeping. This should had been noticed before we checked in.We told reception and they were quickly fixed.Rooms were basic to say the least. 2rings a fridge and kettle.no toaster although the shop owned by the hotel sold them for €20!! Bathrooms were in need of updating, at the least a new toilet seat.there were two mosquitoes that had been squashed on the tiles (see photos) in the bathroom by previous guests and left there by cleaners. Disgusting. No bin or brush anything to clean the apt with.

Cleaning: cleaners came everyday except 1day that they must have forgotten about us.sheets were changed twice towels about twice a week. Apart from sweeping, changing bathroom bin and making the bed I don't see what else they did. The bathroom wasn't cleaned properly once. They never once wiped down the bathroom sink or cleaned the toilet. The bathroom floor wasn't moped as scum built up from water that inevitably overflows from the shower.

Shop: expensive for most basic things and were reselling products from lidl!!! We bought bacon and only noticed after we cooked it that was out of date since July so check best before dates.

Hotel bar: good selection of drinks and most not cheap enough. Food was also tasty and good value. Small bottles of water a tad expensive at €1. Not very busy at night but probably because it's slightly out of the way for some.

Overall: good things about sofia's are the location and convenience of the shop. Staff were not overly friends as per previous reviews but were polite. Bad things- very basic rooms and poor cleaning standards.

1  Thank pastyj