“Very good value”

Ranked #11 of 30 Hotels in Kalamaki
London, United Kingdom
“Very good value”
Reviewed May 10, 2013

Superb location right in the middle of the "Strip" / Restaurants. With a lovely clean (and large) pool, friendly family run hotel with good food and good english breakfast included.

Lively bar area and the rooms were of a good size with pool view and balcony.

Two slight negatives, the bathroom would benefit from a shower curtain & a bin in the room would be good. All in all very minor points.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank BarryFulham

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Greek first
Reviewed January 30, 2013 via mobile

I went on holiday with my girlfriends family and they have been to this hotel for 8years running!! They said that "I'd love the hotel, Dia and all the family are lovely" and me being a dumb guy I didn't believe them... Wow wasn't I wrong!! They are one of the nicest family's I've ever met!! The rooms are amazing and spacious, the hotel was always clean. I really can't wait to get back out there this August!!!! I'd recommend this hotel to everyone!! Out of 10 I'd give it 1000000000000. I really love it!!

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank Uksilentassassin
London
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Just got back from Cronulla Hotel in Zante. The hotel is very clean and the staff (all family members) are absolutely wonderful and so very friendly and helpful. You are made to feel at home immediately you get there and the attention from the staff remains the same throughout the holiday. Bedding and towels changed every two days. Food cooked by Dia extremely tasty especially her "special roll" in the morning. I can honestly say that It is the only place I have ever visited where I would feel comfortable going alone. Well done Cronulla. Had a fantastic holiday. Thank you very much. Denise and Ray Clifton.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Denise C
Blackburn, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 3, 2012

My wife and I visited the Cronulla Bar, (part of the Cronulla Hotel) every night, what a great place, atmosphere brilliant, not to full, great customers, made many friends, one in particular was Lee what a brilliant guy, made sure we were OK, greeted us every night, welcomed us and generally joined in the fun, he must make the bar a fortune with his personality. They would be fools to let his go, would be an attribute to any bar. I would recommend this bar to anyone visiting Kalamaki.
One down side we had to endure XFactor for 10 minutes what a waste, good news golf was back on, normal service resumed ha.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Castleford, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Just got back from another 2 weeks at the Cronulla and it just gets better and better. Dia, Stelios, Roby, Jimmy & Suzanne continue to make you feel like "one of the family" and go out of their way to make sure you enjoy your stay. Rooms are cleaned every other day and the pool is spotless with more than enough sunbeds for everyone. Breakfast and snacks during the day were great and whilst we didn't eat there on an evening, plenty did (both guests and non guests) and the food looked wonderful. Will definately be back next year, Can't wait

Room Tip: Try and get a room on the top floor, overlooking the pool
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Tim C
Surrey, UK
Reviewed September 3, 2012

With my family, I have stayed at numerous places across Greece and Spain. I am aware of what is available and what is reasonable value. I have been to Kalamaki 4 times now and up to this year, we have stayed at the Vanessa Hotel in Kalamaki (booked direct) due to the fact it has great family rooms for what was my younger kids. This said, its facilities are limited and we found ourselves using the pool and snack bar at the Cronulla just about every day. This year - for the first time we booked direct and stayed at the Cronulla and the kids had their own room.
The accommodation rooms are large and I am surprised they have not put 4 beds in some of these rooms for family options as they are plenty big enough but not so (2 + 1 beds). The beds and towels are charged every 2 days (far more than is necessary in my view) and the rooms are kept nice and clean by their staff. Don't bother with imagining their kitchen self catering facilities will be adequate to do anything more than heat a can of soup on the single portable hot-plate supplied (no bother for me - I don't go on holiday to struggle cooking!).
Their room price for peak season is 259 euros for 2 persons and includes several breakfast options incl a full English. A safe is 2 euro/day and air-con is 6 euro/day but both are discounted for a week or more - and the air-con is excellent.
The snack bar and pub bar are well staffed by very friendly people overseen by the family owners. Nice food, great prices for Kalamaki (2.5 Euro for a pint of Mythos).
The pool is probably the best in the Kalamaki resort - the water is clean and properly maintained, and the sun-beds/umbrellas are free (cushions for the sun beds are a 2 euro payable option).
In all my visits to the Greek islands, I have not found a better deal. Forget the all inclusive rubbish the holiday companies are currently pushing, get on a flight (search sky scanner for availability), and book direct with this place - you'll not regret it.
The beach is a 15 min walk - fabulous although their are restrictions on ramming your own umbrellas in to the sand due to turtle eggs being present.
Kalamaki has the perfect balance of restaurants and pubs for my family needs. If you're single and want to make a lot of noise and annoy other people, just don't stay in Kalamaki - go about 4 miles up the road to Laganas which is full of drunk teenagers on the pull and has clubs that provide the medium for their antics which are open all night.

Room Tip: If you have kids, ask for a ground floor room as a hop over the balcony to reach the pool is great...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
9 Thank David A
Athens, Greece
Reviewed September 2, 2012 via mobile

My friend and I did not stay here at the Cronulla this year but we used the facilities here often. The pool here is wonderful and kept very clean, there is also a lovely jacuzzi tub next to the pool. There were always sunbeds available and it had a lovely atmosphere. The bar was fantastic with friendly staff and The BEST full English breakfast you will find in Kalamaki. At €5 it is a little more expensive than some other cafes and eateries in Kalamaki but you get a really decent breakfast including sausage, bacon, egg, beans, mushrooms, tomato, hash brown, a really fresh bread roll with jam and butter, a fresh orange juice and a tea/coffee. The bar also did karaoke some evenings and served a wide range of cocktails. Next year my friend and I are hoping to book up at the Cronulla for a few weeks!

• Stayed August 2012