“Best hotel I've been to! Staff make you feel at home and in a really good location”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Cronulla Hotel

Cronulla Hotel
Ranked #12 of 30 Hotels in Kalamaki
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

I don't normally give 5 star but this hotel deserves it. I would go there again, really nice hotel. I went there with my 2 kids and 2 elderly parents and everyone enjoyed it very much so I suppose it's a winner for everyone!

Room Tip: Second floor have the biggest rooms and balconys
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank S G

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
  • Greek first
DUMFRIESSHIRE
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2012

Used this place everyday once we found it!! Cheapest bottle of Amstel on the strip @ 2 euros.Diet pepsi for the wee wife @ 1.5 euros,Happy Days!! Family run and made very welcome.Roby, ( Dias the owners daughter ) took us up and showed us what room and facilities we would have. Rooms were large, clean and well furnished. What sold it for us was the small kitchen area we had and had sadly missed in our own hotel.You can easily sit down to a lovely cup of tea when you want or have soup and a sandwich in the afternoon.What was also good to know was that even if we stayed b & b we could have a full breakfast up to 11.30am.If we didnt want full we could have a bacon roll.That was good on the ears.Our own Hotel where we stayed was a 9.30am finish for breakfast and it was much the same every morning.Pool was large and clean.Sunbeds were well spread out. I must finish with the artist outside.I have never seen someone produce so many lifelike drawings in my life.He charged 45 euros and it is money well spent! Trust me.

2 Thank Franmaz
North West
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2012

Just returned today from a 7 day stay at this lovely hotel which is situated on the "strip", the main street in Kalamaki. Scrupulously clean throughout, the bedrooms are cleaned and sheets and towels changed every other day. The very friendly, helpful, English-speaking staff and owners make you feel like your holiday enjoyment is genuinely important to them. The hotel pool is the 2nd largest in Kalamaki ( according to the hotel brochure ), and there are plenty of sun-beds and parasols. Sun-bed mattresses can be hired for 2 euros.
The numerous restaurants close by offer reasonably priced, varied menus. The hotel also serves food from breakfast through 'til late and is more than happy to make meals not on the menu for you.
Thank you Cronulla and all your staff. One week was no-where near long enough. Can't wait to return to this lovely hotel and Kalamaki.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank ShezzaLancashire
Oxford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2012

After staying at the Two Brothers in Kalamaki and finding it so bad my boyfriend and I had to leave after 3 days, we went on a hunt for a hotel to stay. (we have stayed at Dennys Inn previously which is a fab hotel, but the price was a bit expensive for us this year) and we came across Cronulla. A life saver!

We were greeted by a friendly lady who helped us sort out our situation and when showing us to out room me and my boyfriend couldnt be more happier. The room the SO spacious I couldn't believe it. The bathroom but modern, clean and airy just like the bedroom.

The room was cleaned and we recieved clean towels and toilet roll every other day and felt safe enough not to buy a safe. The wardrobe was huf=ge with loads of hangers, the balcony was spacious, the dressing room table was great with a large mirror and the room even had a place to store your suitcase in the room.

Aircon was 5 euros a day which is the standard price for hotel/studio accom in greece.

The furnishings were obviously thought through and it was all very smart...wooden furtinure and the bed had a leather head board (ooh haha)

There was a kitchenette which suplied plenty of cuttlery, pots, pans etc etc and also had a kettle, kitchen sink and 2 hobs :)

The swimming pool was large, spacious and you could always find a sunbed without any problem.

The hotel is on the main strip of kalamaki which was great and even from your room you couldn't hear the noise not that that would have bothered a young couple like us. The beach is about a 5/10 min walk and sunbeds in the high season are 7euro for the whole day :)

Without a doubt my boyfriend and I would return to Cronulla; friendly, splotlessly clean, great location and good money :)

Also: I urge you to get up early one day on ya hols and go see the sunrise at Bhocoli (sorry im unsure how you spell it!) in Zante Town...you would have to get a quad/car/moped as its up a hill but its vrathtaking watching the sunrise with the whole view of zante town :)

1 Thank LUxoxox
Oxfordshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2012

We did not stay at this hotel but used it everyday for our 14 day holiday as we were accommodated at Sofias 500m away which had a very tiny pool and no sun beds. We spoke on the first day with the owner, Dia, and we could not have been made more welcome. We took breakfast and lunch there everyday and the food is excellent and great value. The bar is run by the whole family and Jimmy and his partner can not do enough for you. All the guests we spoke to were on their 3rd or 4th visit and only had praise, we managed to look at a room as we intend to return in the autumn and it was spotless. Highly recommended !!

Room Tip: Top floor for sea views.
2 Thank SpikeOxfordshire
Otford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2012

spent 2 weeks at this hotel in late may/june I found this was a great base to be in the staff & family where great, nothing was to much of a problem to help i e best place to eat / drink /car hire you name it someone could always help . this hotel had free wi-fi and the pool was just great ,shops where not to far away beach was about 5 or 6 min walk well worth going down there very safe for one and all to swim . Would I go back here well ?????????????????????? YES I WOULD AND TAKE all my freinds as well
WELL DONE TO THE FAMILY AND STAFF OF THE CRONULLA FOR MAKING THIS A GREAT HOLIDAY FOR MYSELF AND FREINDS

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank 19MICK
Llantrisant, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2012

As long as your know what you are looking for in a holiday this may well be the right one for you! For me I want a cheap holiday that doesn't compromise on this like hotel cleanliness, politness of staff, quality, friendliness of people who I meet, transfer times to an airport, beaches, swimming pols etc. if this sounds like you then go to the Cronulla because you want go wrong. Most people I speak to at the hotel have been here about 5 times plus. There is one thing above all that makes the Cronulla unrivalled and that's the family who run it they are simply sincere and friendly. Some times words alone can't explain an experience and this is one of them. Trust me don't be put off by things like star ratings once you go here you will use this hotel as a cheap quality and friendly holiday that's ticks the boxes.

Room Tip: Third floor centre or right of centre for a sea view but all rooms face the pool.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family