“Lovely, Clean, Friendly”
Review of Cronulla Hotel

Cronulla Hotel
Ranked #11 of 30 Hotels in Kalamaki
Reviewed July 28, 2012

After staying at the Two Brothers in Kalamaki and finding it so bad my boyfriend and I had to leave after 3 days, we went on a hunt for a hotel to stay. (we have stayed at Dennys Inn previously which is a fab hotel, but the price was a bit expensive for us this year) and we came across Cronulla. A life saver!

We were greeted by a friendly lady who helped us sort out our situation and when showing us to out room me and my boyfriend couldnt be more happier. The room the SO spacious I couldn't believe it. The bathroom but modern, clean and airy just like the bedroom.

The room was cleaned and we recieved clean towels and toilet roll every other day and felt safe enough not to buy a safe. The wardrobe was huf=ge with loads of hangers, the balcony was spacious, the dressing room table was great with a large mirror and the room even had a place to store your suitcase in the room.

Aircon was 5 euros a day which is the standard price for hotel/studio accom in greece.

The furnishings were obviously thought through and it was all very smart...wooden furtinure and the bed had a leather head board (ooh haha)

There was a kitchenette which suplied plenty of cuttlery, pots, pans etc etc and also had a kettle, kitchen sink and 2 hobs :)

The swimming pool was large, spacious and you could always find a sunbed without any problem.

The hotel is on the main strip of kalamaki which was great and even from your room you couldn't hear the noise not that that would have bothered a young couple like us. The beach is about a 5/10 min walk and sunbeds in the high season are 7euro for the whole day :)

Without a doubt my boyfriend and I would return to Cronulla; friendly, splotlessly clean, great location and good money :)

Also: I urge you to get up early one day on ya hols and go see the sunrise at Bhocoli (sorry im unsure how you spell it!) in Zante Town...you would have to get a quad/car/moped as its up a hill but its vrathtaking watching the sunrise with the whole view of zante town :)

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LUxoxox

Reviewed July 11, 2012

We did not stay at this hotel but used it everyday for our 14 day holiday as we were accommodated at Sofias 500m away which had a very tiny pool and no sun beds. We spoke on the first day with the owner, Dia, and we could not have been made more welcome. We took breakfast and lunch there everyday and the food is excellent and great value. The bar is run by the whole family and Jimmy and his partner can not do enough for you. All the guests we spoke to were on their 3rd or 4th visit and only had praise, we managed to look at a room as we intend to return in the autumn and it was spotless. Highly recommended !!

Room Tip: Top floor for sea views.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank SpikeOxfordshire
Reviewed June 20, 2012

spent 2 weeks at this hotel in late may/june I found this was a great base to be in the staff & family where great, nothing was to much of a problem to help i e best place to eat / drink /car hire you name it someone could always help . this hotel had free wi-fi and the pool was just great ,shops where not to far away beach was about 5 or 6 min walk well worth going down there very safe for one and all to swim . Would I go back here well ?????????????????????? YES I WOULD AND TAKE all my freinds as well
WELL DONE TO THE FAMILY AND STAFF OF THE CRONULLA FOR MAKING THIS A GREAT HOLIDAY FOR MYSELF AND FREINDS

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank 19MICK
Reviewed June 13, 2012

As long as your know what you are looking for in a holiday this may well be the right one for you! For me I want a cheap holiday that doesn't compromise on this like hotel cleanliness, politness of staff, quality, friendliness of people who I meet, transfer times to an airport, beaches, swimming pols etc. if this sounds like you then go to the Cronulla because you want go wrong. Most people I speak to at the hotel have been here about 5 times plus. There is one thing above all that makes the Cronulla unrivalled and that's the family who run it they are simply sincere and friendly. Some times words alone can't explain an experience and this is one of them. Trust me don't be put off by things like star ratings once you go here you will use this hotel as a cheap quality and friendly holiday that's ticks the boxes.

Room Tip: Third floor centre or right of centre for a sea view but all rooms face the pool.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank crutcher38
Reviewed May 31, 2012

We were at the Cronulla when the Greek government was in turmoil no one was sure what was going to happen with the euro.
The hotel is bed and breakfast very friendly for once I can truly say I felt part of the family.
only to pleased to recommend this hotel I hope I will be back soon.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank crowdog47
Reviewed May 29, 2012

Have just returned from first holiday abroad for a while. Friend recommended this hotel and not disappointed. Amazing value for money in May or October(167 euros b and b)!! Whole family who run it are very friendly and welcoming. Dia even remembered what I didn't want on my breakfast!!! Room basic but very clean, large (as is the veranda), and with fridge, kettle, hotplate etc.. Bathroom the usual wet room. The hotel is on the main street so there obviously is a bit of traffic noise during the day, but it's not overbearing. Was actually quite cute watching tractors and veg sellers go by! Also, although it was lovely having a pool view from the room, had to close the double glaze doors at night to shut out the noise...which did work. Not the bar's fault. I'm just a bit of a light weight party wise these days and tend not to stay up late!!! It's quieter at the back of the hotel and still beautiful views of the mountain and farmer's fields. So I would book a room there if you don't tend to stay up 'til 2am. The rooms should also be cooler at the back. The bar food is really delicious.
Overall I would definitely recommend staying here. Go before Dia decides to retire!!

Room Tip: Rooms at back would be quieter.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Kelpseal
Reviewed October 2, 2011

This hotel gets a 10/10 for friendliness,rooms,pool,and food .Just returned from our 1st stay here and can honestly say wont be our last,just about to book for next year.From time of booking to arriving everything was fab.We needed a room with wheelchair access an ended up with all our rooms (Family of 7) together on ground floor fab .(thanks Roby) .Breakfast was made fresh by the lovely Dia anything you wanted and how does she remember everyones name????? Bar well stocked but bottles of MYTHOS just hit the spot.Would highly recomend time out restaurant just turn right outside and its on the 1st row of shops food is delish and good value .Look forward to seeing you all next year enjoy your winter break you all deserve it .Andy Maxine,and family

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family