“Outstanding service”

Ranked #1 of 1 Boolteens B&B and Inns
Dublin, Ireland
“Outstanding service”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

There was a hiccup with my online reservation, so I called to clarify if everything did go through. After finding out that my booking did not go through correctly and the B&B was already completely booked out due to a long weekend, the owner made the impossible possible and found accommodation for the six of us. Breakfast was plenty (even catering for Vegans) and the overall service, warm atmosphere and helpfulness was one of the best I have ever experienced. Definitely two thumbs up!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Poole, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 24, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Anvil bar a few days ago along with four friends Liz and Stephen made us very welcome and the place was spotless and our rooms were lovely Showers were warm and clean. We had a tasy dinner and wonderful breakfast and were treated like family. Certainly all six of us would stay again if we were ever in the area. Thank you Liz and Stephen for taking our photos for us and indeed for every kindness you showed to us. We travelled around Eire stopping at no less than 7 B & B's and found the accomadation to be in the top 3 of our list. Looking forward to the next stay with Liz and Stephan.

Room Tip: "Rooms at the rear will be quieter"
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Clydebank, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 23, 2013

I was travelling all over Ireland by car from my home in Clydebank Scotland and stayed at the Anvil Bar B&B for two nights on the 30th and 31sy of May 2013.Liz and Stephen run a great place and their charm and company helped make my stay there more enjoyable. The food was great (bacon and cabbage mmmmm) and the locals were so friendly and chatted away to me which made me feel as if I was back home in my own local bar. Thanks again Liz and Stephen you have a great place

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Bridgend, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 14, 2013

I was staying in the area last week and called in for Sunday lunch. I found the staff friendly and helpful and the place clean and tidy.

My family and I had starters and main courses and found the food well presented, tasty and good sized /appropriate proportions. In fact, although we had intended to have a dessert, we simply didn't have room.

There were other people eating, but there was very little waiting for the food, just the normal time you would expect for the food to be cooked.

I also felt that the meals were good value for money.

Thank you Liz, when we're back in Ireland we shall try to call in again.

Room Tip: Sorry I didn't use the rooms, so it wouldn't be fair for me to comment
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Stockport, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 14, 2013

We recently popped in for lunch on our way back from a day out on the Dingle peninsular.
We have stayed here before several times and this time we had been staying with friends, but we wanted to see Liz & Stephen again. Once again we found ourselves not disappointed; food great, company great and that certain something which just makes you want to come back - again and again.

• Stayed June 2013
Limerick, Ireland
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Found this place by accident. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The room was spacious, very clean and the shower was great and I do love my showers. The beds were very comfy and being on a major road, I didn't hear a thing. As we arrived late, it wasn't a problem for them to cook up some thing for us. We had a yummy fish and chips and few cold beers before heading to bed. The breakfast was just as yummy as the fish. We will definitely be back when the sun shines in Ireland again!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Carcassonne, France
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Me and my boyfriend decided to come here to have dinner when on holidays last week. The bar made who was in her 50's or thereabouts was darn right rude offered no help and food took so long to come our way ! Not only that but the place was filthy and in need of a very good clean along with the glasses there . The bathroom consisted of broken tiles and flowers were in food jars not the most appealing !!!. Food was expensive and not as great as expected. Service was unfriendly and VERY unhelpful. Drink also there is quite expensive we paid 5.60 for a wkd and the bar next door to it was only 5. I would advise anyone who wants clean friendly service to KEEP AWAY from this place .

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Seamus099, Public Relations Manager at The Anvil Bar, responded to this review, June 22, 2013
This review is a total fabrication! We had no French visitors in our establishment on or around the date stated. We have no broken tiles and put our flowers in vases. The "reviewer" rated the rooms with 1 bullet in spite of the fact that they did not mention our rooms in the "review". Nor did we have any French visitors staying in our B&B accommodation around that time. Review of our CCTV could not identify any issues with any patrons that would indicate that we were having any issues with anyone at that time. We don't know what would motivate someone to speak about our establishment in such terms, but hope that readers will appreciate that this review reflects the opposite of the vast majority of visitors that we have had over the years. We have many repeat visitors and look forward to meeting more in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Boolteens
Murphy's Farmhouse
Ballygarry House Hotel & Spa
The Shores Country House
The Shores Country House
#1 of 7 in Castlegregory

Been to The Anvil Bar? Share your experiences!