Tripadvisor
Post
Inbox
Search
Open today: Closed

All reviews chilli chocolate shop great tour mexico city amaya gastronomic culture guide margarita candies introduction knowledge murals
Selected filters
Reviewed October 8, 2019 via mobile

I had owed Amaya this review for a while!! But it is never too late! Amaya is great at her job! She is knowledgeable and fun! Her tour is definitely one you shouldn’t miss if you get to Tlaquepaque!! Thank you very much again for a wonderful time Amaya!! Gretchen and Arian!

Date of experience: August 2019
1  Thank gretamont
Reviewed August 28, 2019

I've used this company in Mexico City and have nothing but great things to say about them. This particular tour was excellent, covering a range of delciousness. As with any good food tour it starts at the market, with a great overview of some of the items sold. Amaya was very fun to hang with and was happy to lean in on antyhing I found interesting. Just standing in front of a mural and learning the history of Mexico was worth the price of admission. The Chile en Nogado at El Patio was one of the highlights for me! Highly recommmended. We stopped at a seemingly newish chocolate shop at the end and I loaded up with some of the most delicious and unquite candies I've tasted.

Date of experience: August 2019
Reviewed June 30, 2019 via mobile

What an incredible experience! Amaya not only has a great knowledge about the food, she is and I passionate about the culture and history of this area. I learned so much and tried so many new things! She has wonderful relationships with the restaurants/artisans so you feel special at each place. This is a MUST DO in my book! Thank you Amaya!

Date of experience: June 2019
Reviewed June 26, 2019 via mobile

2 years ago I did this tour in my city and had a blast. This time I did it again with a couple of friends that visited me to Mexico. Thank you for letting me show through you my beautiful city.

If you are traveling Mexico city, this is a great tour you must do, you will learn a lot of history, gastronomy and visit beautiful places.

Viva México!! :)

Date of experience: January 2019
Reviewed January 17, 2019

I love Mexican food and drink, and now understand more about both. Our guide, Aamaya, was very professional and a fount of knowledge. We started in the market with an introduction to many of the ingredients we would eventually taste. The selection of dishes and drinks was perfectly varied, as were the stops along the way. This was a high quality experience and a great way to enjoy Tlaquepaque.

Date of experience: January 2019