“Favorite hotel ever!”

Quinta Don Jose Boutique Hotel
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Tlaquepaque
Reviewed March 16, 2010

As I entered the hotel, I was greeted by wife wife, my business partner and my business partner's wife. They proceeded to bring me to the back garden passing the staff, whom they already knew by name and sat me down for a double Margarita. I had crossed over into a new world...

But first, let me explain how I got there. About 4 hours earlier, my truck was dying. I stayed with truck as my wife & guests took a cab to the hotel. After getting towed to the hotel, I entered and was received by my welcoming party. It seemed like the whole staff was worried about my truck and wanted to know how it went. Wow...2 minutes and I felt like family.

We had one of the best steak dinners ($175 pesos for this thick filet mignon in a pepper sauce) ever. I tried it again a few days later (too much of a good thing) and it was still superb!

The hotel is clean, extremely friendly and very welcoming. We loved the restaurant, and our room (two room suite) was great.

But...where this hotel excelled is their personal attention. The owner personally called a garage that would look at my car late on a Saturday and lent me one of his staff so I could drive there and not get lost. Who does that?

We ended up being stranded till Tuesday (waiting for a part) and it was the best time my wife & I had in a long time!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
3  Thank netwark

Reviewed March 16, 2010

I have been staying at Quinta don Jose for over 7 years and have slept in 7 of the 14 rooms and also in one of the comfortable villas. While I am very pleased with the clean and comfortable lodgings, the most wonderful part of staying at this bed and breakfast hotel are the warm and hospitable staff and management who gracefully welcome visitors. Over the years I have brought several groups of students and adults who all share the same opinion. We have never experienced anything but an exceptionally generous and friendly atmosphere from the lovely and delicious breakfast experience to the friendly bar, fun dining experience and attentive reception. What boggles me is the way that Quinta don Jose can deliver such service and beautiful environment year after year at such an affordable price!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank mahadam
Reviewed March 14, 2010

My wife and I spent three nights at Quinta Don Jose last month and would highly recommend the hotel for its spacious and comfortable room(poolside), its great location in a fascinating neighborhood, and most of all its accommodating and friendly staff. We will look forward to return visits in the near future.

Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank batmanben
Reviewed March 14, 2010

We had a very stressful drive up to Tlaquepaque - 5 blocks away our friend’s car broke down. Three of us took a taxi to the hotel - we opened the doors and felt relieved... we were home. The staff were not employees -each one became family. We knew all their names and they knew what we were dealing with. Finally, when our friend came back looking for a mechanic - the owner helped us out. The rooms. social area, bar, restaurant became and extension of home. Whatever we needed - they were there. Question - if they didn't have the answer they would find someone who did. Small hotel big heart.

3 Blocks away from great shopping, galleries, art and artisans. I love Tonala, Guadalajara and Tlaquepaque. But, since staying at Quinta Don Jose there is no where else I will go. I have travelled all around the world for business and never treat as w

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank celticgirl_PR
Reviewed March 4, 2010

Our second time at the QDJ and have already booked our room for next year. Wonderful staff, food and accommodations make this a remarkable place to stay! We loved every second we were there and can't wait to return!

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 28, 2010

We spent one week at the Quinta Don Jose Botique Hotel in Talaquepaque Mexico in January 2010 and it was one of the best hotels we have ever stayed in over a long history of traveling to many locations around the world. To match excellent accomodations are a staff that are efficient, helpful and very friendly. The hotel is extremely convenient and accessible to the village of Talaquepaque, is delightfully
landscaped and has convenient parking on site for those travelers who have a car.
The rooms are comfortable and well furnished. The restaurant excellent. All combining to create an atmosphere that makes the experience unforgetable.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 25, 2010

As a frequent traveller to Tlaquepaque for the peace and serenity that Quinta Don Jose has brought me, I recommend this wonderful establishment not only for the lodging, but for the beauty it provides and the service that can not be equaled in my opinion. The Tlaquepasta Restaurant within the premises is top notch and Salvador, a wonderful chef. Give them a try, you will feel the same as me.
Linda and Bugsy in Ajijic MX

• Stayed: February 2010
1  Thank Busgy
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tlaquepaque
La Villa del Ensueno Hotel
Hotel Morales Historical & Colonial Downtown Core
Hotel Real Maestranza
Hotel Real Maestranza
#1 of 131 in Guadalajara

Been to Quinta Don Jose Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!