“A on-going work of Art”

Quinta Don Jose Boutique Hotel
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Tlaquepaque
Los Angeles California
Reviewed May 1, 2005

From the time of my arrival to Guadalajara's international airport to the day of my departure, I thoroughly enjoyed my visit and stay at Quinta Don Jose B&B Hotel.

The entire staff including the owners Art and Estela realy made me feel comfortable. The setting is absolutely beautiful, just a couple of blocks from "El Parian", makes everthing especially your shopping extremely convenient. Can't say enough about the peacefulness, tranquility and the friendliness of everyone involved with the B&B.

4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Reviewed May 1, 2005

I have lived and traveled extensively in Mexico and have NEVER stayed in a better hotel/B&B.

I would classify the QDJ more as a hotel, but with the friendly service of a private home.

The rooms are gorgeous, clean, well-appointed and comfortable.

We stayed in the Master Suite for a ridiculously low rate and loved every minute of it.

If staying in Tlaquepaque, no car is necessary.

The staff is the friendliest and most accomodating I've encountered anywhere, including "Gran Tourismo" hotels. They even beat the Ritz Carlton, which used to be my all-time favorite.

The grounds are beautiful and truly colonial in style. Flowers are everywhere. The bar is cute and peopled with a fabulous bartender and very nice guests. Breakfasts are wonderful and free.

I can't say enough good things about this hotel. If you're going to Guadalajara/Tlaquepaque, this is THE only place to stay.

4  Thank gringainMexico
Woodbridge, Virginia, USA
Reviewed April 29, 2005

We just returned from a trip to Mexico, staying more than a week at "Quinta Don Jose" in Tlaquepaque, Jalisco, just minutes away from Guadalajara.

After visiting various States and staying at other Bed and Breakfasts and Hotels we definitely consider "Quinta Don Jose" the best in its category.
When you are away from home you will feel at home in the pleasant atmosphere of "QDJ" surrounded by its friendly staff with warm and spontaneous smiles always ready to help you.

The owners Mr. Arturo Magaña and his charming wife Estela are deeply involved in Human Relations and know how to make your stay more than pleasant in this beautiful area of Mexico.

Without hesitation we would recommend the comfortable Quinta Don Jose for your lodging and enjoyment.

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 27, 2005

Wow! What a treat it is staying at Quinta Don Jose B&B Hotel.

The staff is pleasant and so accommodating.

This experience provided the rare opportunity of getting to spend time with the owners who care very much about your experience.

The setting inside this attractive compound is quiet and well kept.

When we return, we are looking forward to staying at Quinta Don Jose B&B Hotel.

Enthusiastically yours,
joyce and huitt
st. simons island, ga
usa

Stayed: April 2005
Reviewed April 26, 2005

First and foremost anyone contemplating going to Mexico and in particularly Guadalajara and Tlaquepaque should not hesitate for a second! Just be sure to talk to Mexicans or Mexico enthusiasts (like those at QDJ) to get that authentic Mexican flavor for everything you do here and your trip will be outstanding I can almost guarantee it! I almost forgot to mention I emailed the QDJ 3-5 times before my stay there and they always happily gave me assistance in planning my adventures! My friend and I stayed at Quinta Don Jose and had the most amazing, relaxing and enjoyable time there! This place was way more affordable than a super hotel with tons more personality, charm and comfort! It was also beautiful, clean and the grounds were immaculately well groomed. QDJ is ideal for meeting guests to have fun with in your adventures a social place, or if you are looking for a romantic getaway or honeymoon even! Of course Mexico is ridiculously beautiful, warm, inviting and hospitable but staying at this B&B with such wonderful staff (Memo/Charlie were great too) and owners made our stay just perfect! They all went over and beyond to help us find exactly what we wanted from restaurants and menu items that locals prefer to getting tickets for a soccer game and helping us get to Aguascalientes for a Bullfight and Tequila! The pool is awesome, super clean with a deep end which I enjoyed because I love swimming! The food served at breakfast was delicious and super filling so much so we didn't have to eat again until around dinner time! As a traveler I never like to visit the same place twice but after this enjoyable stay at QDJ and in Mexico I am recommending this trip and B&B to everyone I know and asking if I can join them at QDJ! They have my highest recommendation!

• Stayed: March 2005
1  Thank chicagotravelchick
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed April 25, 2005

This is our second stay at Quinta Don Jose and it was the best ever. We went first last Oct. with one couple and this year we returned with four couples, all from San Antonio, Texas. We loved the golf, Market Days in Tonala, and the tour of Herradurra Distillery. We shall surely return as soon as we can. Thank you for all your help and vans, and drivers, Art. You are the best. Sincerely, Sue and Bob Harris-San Antonio, Texas.

Stayed: April 2005
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 12, 2005

It was with some regret that I read the disparaging remarks relative to a stay by one TripAdvisor member from Philadelphia. It was stated that one of the managers did not treat him with courtesy with regard to some information about transportation to one of the bus stations.
It was my experience that the managers went out of their way to provide information in a courteous and intelligent manner.In fact it was noteworthy during my two weeks stay that they served as an accurate source of information on my transportation and visit to sites of interest. It was also notable that at all times I felt safe and confortable in the facility and the neighborhood.
The owners Arturo and Estella were extremely gracious and helpful.
My overall impression of the Quinta Don Jose was of an excellent B&B run by a friendly and capable staff. Yes, I would certainly stay at this place on my next visit to that area.

• Stayed: March 2005
1  Thank pqgranada
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tlaquepaque
La Villa del Ensueno Hotel
#1 of 130 in Guadalajara
Hotel Posada Virreyes
Hotel Posada Virreyes
#9 of 10 in Tlaquepaque

Been to Quinta Don Jose Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!