“The best little hotel in middle of the Shopping!”

Quinta Don Jose Boutique Hotel
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Tlaquepaque
Reviewed September 26, 2012

This place is so awesome. The staff are very helpful, competent, friendly. This hotel is a mini community where all the guest talk and have a good time. You really feel at home.
The architecture and art in this place is really neat. The rooms are comfortable and extremely clean. We traveled with my in-laws and they fell in love with it. The restaurant has a professional chef. Our dinner was incredible and fairly priced compared to some of the surrounding places.
We will definitely go back!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Francisco R

Reviewed September 24, 2012

I cannot imagine a more pleasant stay than our recent trip to Tlaquepaque. Quinta Don Jose hotel is really much more like a bed and breakfast than a hotel. The intimate surroundings, personal services, all sitting in the middle of the colonial city of Tlaquepaque combine to make a very unique and pleasant visit. The driver that picks you up a the airport may also be the guy who mixes your drink. The lady that serves your breakfast may also clean your room. It is amazing how the staff becomes part of your family for the short time you are there. Hats off to everyone at QDJ for a job well done.

Room Tip: all of the rooms are great, each with their own charm, but if you can get one by the pool it is well...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank cindy_j105
Reviewed September 4, 2012

My husband and I stayed at Quinta Don Jose (QDJ) for three nights in late August. The hotel is quaint and clean. The staff are pleasant and helpful. The hotel is centrally located in Tlaquepaque and on a bus line directly to downtown Guadalajara. We stayed in the main hotel. The one bedroom villa, which we had originally booked, was on a corner and the bedroom window was right on a main street. We also like the beauty of the hotel and wanted to be more connected to it. Though the villa was large and nice otherwise.

The grounds were beautiful and we walked around the pool and fountain area, though we did not spend much time by the pool. There are many nooks in the hotel to read or visit.

I did write a separate review for Tlaquepasta, but I should mention here that it is one of the best parts of QDJ. We will definitely stay there next time we are in town.

Room Tip: Villas, though "only 50 steps away" feel removed from the inn. For us, this was a negative...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Surfwood1979
Reviewed August 29, 2012

This hotel has a very friendly and helpful staff. They even printed up a map for directions for us. Great location that is close to all the shops. It has nice pool and surrounding gardens. We had dinner in the restaurant and it was very good. There is a complimentary breakfast of fruit, sweet breads, juice and coffee. It is very comfortable and safe. Will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Walter0014
Reviewed August 28, 2012

We stayed here for two nights. Staff were extremely friendly and helpful. Took a tour with Salvador to tequila for day, hit was great, but make sure you ask for the price of the tours in the distilleries before you do them. Charlie's margaritas were also particularly good.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank H M
Reviewed August 26, 2012

As usual our stay is @ QDJ. I love this place. I was joining friends for the Enarte show. This time we stayed in the big suite out by the pool. The master bedroom is wonderful and had what I referred to as "the best shower" in all of Mexico - beautiful tile work and most importantly temperature controlled water. Furniture in the living area isn't the most comfortable and upstairs guests weren't pleased. But we had a kitchen and dined at Pollo Pepe a couple of times. We dined @ TlaquePasta one evening and they ran out of fish entrees so I tired the pasta - it was just ok. Wouldn't order that again. We did swim and the water was cold but refreshing. Moved to room 7 and slept like a log there on my last evening. Best part was when the gals in the kitchen saved us some of their delicious banana bread for breakfast! Love QDJ!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 5, 2012

Stayed at Quinta Don Jose for 5 nights in late July. I was in town for a tradeshow in Guadalajara (15 minutes away)and my co-worker was with me. The 2 bedroom (Room #7) was a good choice for us. It gave us a common shower/toilet area which was located in the hall between either bedroom. Each room had it's own TV, window, double bed and A/C. The lighting was a bit dark and I wish there was a place in the back bedroom to apply make-up and layout my cosmetics, curling iron etc. Next time I will bring a lighted make-up mirror.

The complimentary breakfast used to be a small buffet style that included eggs, chillaquilles, fruit etc. It has been modified to coffee , a fruit plate and a pastry which was perfectly fine. There were full breakfasts available to order and most were around 70 pesos. We ordered full breakfasts on 2 days and were pleased with our meals. The morning breakfast is staffed by 3 lovely and friendly women.

The addition of the restaurant TlaquePasta is wonderful. We ate there on 3 separate occasions and each time was a delight. I will review this separately. The complimentary van pick up at the airport was appreciated. The $20 fee for being dropped back to the airport was unexpected. I would have had my co-worker drive me if I knew there was a fee. Complementary shuttle implies both ways. Things like this and being charged $2.00 for a bucket of ice are small things that cause aggravation to guests. Guests expect to be able to get ice at most hotels and my hope is that one of the hotels future additions will be an ice machine.

It was really lovely to come home from work at the end of the day and sit by the pool in a chaise lounge and listen to the fountains and the birds and the beautiful music while enjoying a cold drink. The bar has a big selection of drinks and many flavors of margaritias. Every employee of the hotel and restaurant truly goes out of their way for guests. It is nice to see the pride that is taken in this property and the continuous improvements they make each year. I look forward t my next visit.

Room Tip: There is a big variety of rooms to choose from. My favorite is the pool side suite.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tlaquepaque
La Villa del Ensueno Hotel
#1 of 130 in Guadalajara
Hotel Posada Virreyes
Hotel Posada Virreyes
#9 of 10 in Tlaquepaque

Been to Quinta Don Jose Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!