“BEST BISTRO IN TLAQUEPAQUE”

La Mata Tinta Tlaquepaque
Ranked #11 of 79 Restaurants in Tlaquepaque
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Camdenton, Missouri
“BEST BISTRO IN TLAQUEPAQUE”
Reviewed May 3, 2014

The owners here are the greatest. Very nice folks and the food is great as well. Extra large portions, so maybe best to share a plate if you are not extremely hungry. Great Margaritas as well. We never had anything here that wasn't exceptional and we ate here many times throughout our visit. On Saturday they have live music at around 2pm. Wonderful service, great food, and convenient location.

Visited April 2014

Austin, Texas
“Not what I expected”
Reviewed March 31, 2014 via mobile

After hearing about this restaurant I decided to try it. Very disappointed! I ordered a margarita on the rocks. It came in a normal size glass, but the contents could have fit in a 2 oz. shot glass. The appetizers had a nice presentation but were very small. The arrachera was tough and chewy. The smoked salmon had a rancid taste and a off color. When the waitress was told about it she took it off the table, but not off the bill...98 pesos......for 2 small bites. Then the bill came with a 15% service charge for entertainment that was happening later in the evening. It did'nt make a difference that I was'nt going to watch the show or not. The one saving grace was that the staff was very nice and attentive even though she could only apologize.

Visited March 2014
Kalamazoo MI
“Great find!”
Reviewed January 15, 2014 via mobile

I had a fabulous and very reasonable lunch at La Mata de Tinta yesterday. The service was impeccable and we sat at the table for about two hours and no one hurried us. The place is beautifully furnished with chandeliers made from recycled wine bottles--they are lovely and it took me a while to figure out how they were constructed. If you come upon the place in the photo attached to this description, enter and go all the way to the back. Be sure to check out Krystinas Boutique and just before that a pastry/sweets place.

Visited January 2014
“Best place to stay!!! I loved it!!!!”
Reviewed October 3, 2013 via mobile

I just had the time of my life in Gdl, and staying at the apartments above La Mata Tinta was amazing. The room had everything I needed. Cristina, Doug and everyone else made me feel so welcome and assisted me with all of my questions. It was so comfortable, I found it hard to leave! The restaurant is amazing - great food, awesome music at night, and impeccable service! I recommend this place to everyone and anyone - you will love it here!!!

Guadalajara, Mexico
“Nice, good food and cool concept”
Reviewed June 6, 2013

What I love about this place is that it has a really cool concept. They serve as an art forum for local artists, so all the artwork you see on the walls is made by local artists and it changes every 15 or 30 days. They also have a movie night every tuesday and live music and/or performing arts every evening from wednesday to sunday. The food is really good, the ambiance is nice, is not pricy at all and the service is great. They are closed on mondays.

• Visited May 2013