“Great find!”

La Mata Tinta Tlaquepaque
Ranked #8 of 80 Restaurants in Tlaquepaque
Cuisines: Latin, Contemporary
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Kalamazoo MI
“Great find!”
Reviewed January 15, 2014 via mobile

I had a fabulous and very reasonable lunch at La Mata de Tinta yesterday. The service was impeccable and we sat at the table for about two hours and no one hurried us. The place is beautifully furnished with chandeliers made from recycled wine bottles--they are lovely and it took me a while to figure out how they were constructed. If you come upon the place in the photo attached to this description, enter and go all the way to the back. Be sure to check out Krystinas Boutique and just before that a pastry/sweets place.

Visited January 2014

“Best place to stay!!! I loved it!!!!”
Reviewed October 3, 2013 via mobile

I just had the time of my life in Gdl, and staying at the apartments above La Mata Tinta was amazing. The room had everything I needed. Cristina, Doug and everyone else made me feel so welcome and assisted me with all of my questions. It was so comfortable, I found it hard to leave! The restaurant is amazing - great food, awesome music at night, and impeccable service! I recommend this place to everyone and anyone - you will love it here!!!

Guadalajara, Mexico
“Nice, good food and cool concept”
Reviewed June 6, 2013

What I love about this place is that it has a really cool concept. They serve as an art forum for local artists, so all the artwork you see on the walls is made by local artists and it changes every 15 or 30 days. They also have a movie night every tuesday and live music and/or performing arts every evening from wednesday to sunday. The food is really good, the ambiance is nice, is not pricy at all and the service is great. They are closed on mondays.

• Visited May 2013
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Nice Surprise”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

We had a late night dinner the night we fly into Guadlajara and lunch a few days later. The menu is varied with many different options breakfast through late night snacks. We happened to be staying in the apartments above and owned by the same people. This is a superior family operation where all family members chip in.

They have entertainment most nights - single musicians, bands and even a circus act one night we were there.

• Visited February 2013
Cartagena, Colombia
“Perfecto por Desayuno Romantico”
Reviewed January 16, 2013

I went on a breakfast date to this café and will return (hopefully with the same person). We arrived early in the morning to an empty space; by the time we left there was a small crowd. The service was friendly and prompt. We ordered the "buffet," a fixed-price which includes coffee, juice, fruit salad and an entrée. My friend chose Huevos Divorciados - eggs with red and green salsa - and I opted for Chilaquiles, a tradition dish of chips simmered in sauce, topped with cheese. The food was presented beautifully and tasted delicious (though a wee bit cold). After breakfast we lounged on the sofa, drinking coffee while the staff worked around us - offering refills and cleaning quietly. Gracias, La Mata Tinta, for a relaxing, wonderful morning.

• Visited January 2013