“Beds were hard as rocks!”

Hotel El Tapatio & Resort
Ranked #9 of 10 Hotels in Tlaquepaque
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I was there for a week and when I read the reviews I thought, well how bad could it be I have stayed at camp sleeping in the floor! HOW WRONG I was! Well sleeping in these beds was a terrible nightmare. The disco at the hotel is very nice and the view is better. I will not stay again unless I know for a fact that the old mattresses were replaced. I guess this is the only thing I dint like about the hotel, other than that it’s a quiet place to relax and the staff is friendly.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Angel V

Reviewed February 7, 2012

This is the 2nd time I have stayed at this hotel. The place is set in a traditional Latin favor (Brick, Rock, etc...) while the hotel does need to be updated the 360 deg. view you have of the city are amazing.

upon my check-in the staff was very friendly and they upgrade me to a better room (#712) that excellent view of the pool area and the front door had a view of the city. all the rooms come with a Safe and private patio which I find nice and relaxing. Hotel is in a secure area (private residence) that requires a security check in prior to accessing the mountain.

if you are looking for piece and quite away from all you daily troubles - than this is the place to go too. if you want to be in the middle of downtown than I recommend you stay else where like the Intercontinental Presidente Hotel.

El Tapatio Hotel is a short 10 min drive from GDL airport; The Grounds are great has a swim up bar, however if you are planning on buying beers its about 8 pesos cheaper if you buy it from the downstairs bar rather than the disco/club.

overall I recommend staying here. the only bad thing I can say about this place is the Wi-Fi reception signal is very weak in the rooms and strongest in the lobby and pool areas...

Room Tip: recommend getting a room that has a very of pool area - that way you have a stronger Wi-FI signal.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank planedrs
Reviewed September 14, 2011

My new husband and I went on our honeymoon and really liked our stay at the Tapatio Hotel. It was a recommendation from our wedding photographer who is from Guadalajara. It is up on a mountain and has an amazing view of Guadalajara. Our room was very big, with a table and chairs, iron, minifridge, tub and balcony. The bed however was very hard. We did not like that we could hear the train horn every couple hours all night long. We liked that they had an internet cafe and that we could print there. The pool is very big but it was NOT clean and we could not swim in it. They have volleyball and a bunch of other fun things on site if you go with your family. It is too far from anything to walk anywhere and the taxis will charge you $10 or more to go anywhere close. They have 2 nice restaurants, the one we ate at was open til 1am with a piano player that set a nice romantic mood. We were alittle confused as to why we were given a room at the far end of the hotel as we were one of the only people staying there, but I assume its because we made an online reservation and so the room was cheaper. Overall a great hotel!

Room Tip: we heard the train horn all night long from our room on the far end of the hotel ...
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Susie C
Reviewed August 28, 2011

We found this hotel to be a good value and would stay there again, everybody treated us well.

Room Tip: We had a room at the far end of the property and the view and room was great.
  • Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank HowardWestSeattleWA
Reviewed August 11, 2011

Upon check in the manager named Cecilia Rodriguez gave us a hard time with the rate she gave us over the phone. The insisted we miss heard but we didn’t because we called 3 times even the day before arrival to confirm total and our reservation being guaranteed. She gave us one rate and once we checked in she changed the rate much higher and she kept insisting that we miss heard but we clearly didn’t. The most obvious thing was that all the calls we made she knew who we were because of the # of calls made. We paid the $ for the 2 nights stayed in July 5-7 2011. the front desk guy name at check in was Jorge he was very rude and upon check out we went to drop of the keys and we decided to get our receipt and we approached Jaime the front desk person he was very beyond rude and mean we asked for a receipt and he rolled his eyes and we asked if everything was paid for and if everything was at 0 and he simply said i don’t know everything should be fine no? And i asked well u should know that, i work in a hotel and when we check out we give the guest a receipt and tell them that there good to go and have a 0 balance. But Jaime wasn’t helpful at all so i asked him to sign the receipt if he said that it was paid in full and he gave me a stupid remark and said “well, the hotel isn’t mine and i don’t have to sign anything!". I felt like certain races received better service than we did. But the 3 guys that helped with luggage even told us that they always do that and that we weren’t the first people to have that problem. They were much more helpful then the front desk was you felt more comfortable asking those questions. I am not sure what their names were but they were beyond helpful. The hotel was amazing that i have no complaint it was only the receptionist who were very mean.

Room Tip: Plan well transportation because it’s up in a hill and it’s pretty long for a walk
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Karen N
HugoSilva1960, Gerente at Hotel El Tapatio & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2011

We really apologize for the inconveniences caused during your stay at our hotel, it's disappointing hear don't have completed the satisfaction of our guests, due to misinformation and poor attitud from some of our members at Front Desk
I assure you have made de neccesary actions to improve the attention and service given by our staff.
Thank you for let us know your comments, we are very interested and committed in improve the quality of our sevices

Reviewed May 4, 2011

Convenient to the Airport, Tlalajepaque, Tonala'. It is 40 years old and has some age/maintenance issues but very charming with large rooms and great views. Overall highly recommended.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 9, 2011

I loved our stay and the staff was very accomodating. I read the other reviews before traveling and got a bit nervous. But I was pleasantly surprised! The room was super spacious and clean. Yes, the furniture is a bit dated but kept in good condition. The shower temp and pressure were fine. It is Mexico so they have Mexican mattresses which are much firmer than US ones but I like it. The AC worked perfectly I had no bug problem. Yes, the pool was under repair but other than that all the other amenities were open a little shop where I bought Mexican Vogue and Elle and some yummy salty snacks one bar and two restuarants. It is on a hill overlooking the surrounding towns and the road up and down was cobblestone so it was a bit bumpy but it was relaxing being away from the hustle and bustle of downtown Guadalajara. However next time because my yearly trip is for work and I travel to historic Tlaquepaque each day I will stay closer it in one of the B&B's.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business