“Paradise in Tlaquepaque”
Review of Casa de Las Flores

Casa de Las Flores
Ranked #1 of 10 Tlaquepaque B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 30, 2013

My name is Ana and I made my home in Tlaquepaque and Tonala for almost 15 years. Now I am living back in the states and I am only able to visit once a year. When I do, I am blessed to have a friends that treat me to a stay at Casa de las Flores for a week during my visit. Casa de Las Flores is not just any B&B, it's more like paradise. Their incredible garden is as soothing as it is beautiful. In the evening guests can cozy up to a warm fire place with a glass of wine and chat with other guests sharing discoveries of the area. I'm not a morning person yet I find myself waking up early to rush downstairs for a hot cup of their incredible freshly brewed coffee and their fresh and delicious breakfast. It's the perfect way to start your day! If your looking for places to go or sights to see, our hosts Stan and Jose are incredibly knowledgeable and will graciously point you in the right direction. The staff is so helpful too. It's the perfect location at the right price for a vacation in paradise. If you have the opportunity to go, I highly recommend a stay at La Casa de las Flores. Any questions and I would be happy to help. Please email me at gitanaexports@hotmail.com

Room Tip: Every room is lovely. I have stayed in them all.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Gitanaexports

Reviewed March 29, 2013

From the moment the door was opened an we were welcomed as long last friends, we knew we had found a very special place. Stan and Jose are incredible hosts and the friendly staff is most accommodating. Great breakfasts, delicious desserts in the evening, and good recommendations for restaurants, shopping and side trips made this one of our favorite places to visit. Casa de las Flores has an extensive collection of indigenous art to see and even a small gallery of well chosen pieces available for purchase. After a day of shopping and sightseeing, one experiences a good night's sleep in beautifully appointed rooms in very comfortable beds. We have no hesitation in highly recommending Casa de las Flores to all of our friends. We will be back!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 25, 2013

The Casa is the best B&B that I have ever stayed at. The decor and the garden are extraordinarily beautiful but, more importantly, it is run in a highly professional manner. Stan is there to make sure that every detail of your visit is easy. He tells you which corner has the bus into Guadalajara and arranges a 5 am taxi to the airport with a take-out mini-breakfast waiting for you in the fridge. His full breakfast of poached egg surrounded by creamed spinach and Spanish potatoes in the colors of the Mexican flag is superb, and the 50 peso glasses of wine, drunk slowly on the patio, with one of his deserts are truly to-die-for. It was wonderful.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed March 17, 2013

My husband and I were on a whirlwind trip and could only stay at Casa de Las Flores for one night -- but it was the best place we stayed in Tlaquepaque. Stan and Jose have created such a tranquil setting, the rooms all face a lovely tropical courtyard with stunning plants. Las Flores is just a short walk to all the shopping and nightlife action yet it is far enough away that you can enjoy a peacful nights rest and wake up to the sounds of birds. The room we stayed in was quite large and nicely appointed -we appreciated all of the thoughtful touches. Everything was nicely thought out, even the provision of TWO good quality luggage racks! :).... Oh and I can't forget to give a rave review of the beds and bedding, they were perfectly cozy and the best we've had in Mexico thus far. We will definitely be back, and next time we will plan to stay for more than one night!

Reviewed March 14, 2013

This was our first time in Tlaquepaque, Stan and the whole staff were very helpful in guiding us. All the minor details are taken care of, things you don't think about yourself, Casa De Las Flores had thought of. So artfully decorated, very fitting for the 'folk art capital of Mexico'. Stan & Jose even helped out with my missing luggage, while I shopped!! Thank-you to the excellent staff of Casa De Las Flores for a very enjoyable stay. Next time we are in Tlaquepaque, we will be staying at Casa De Las Flores!!! Thank-you again!

1  Thank DTVan
Reviewed March 14, 2013

In life, as in travel, great experiences, kind people, and -- ok, I'll say it -- delicious food, create memories that make us hunger for more. Casa de las Flores is such a place and to top it off, it is affordable and a beautiful place to stay.

I have reviewed it before and, each time, I am struck by the other reviews that mirror our feelings about our stay. Take the time to read as many reviews as you can and you'll understand what I mean. On this latest trip, the other guests were especially interesting and, if you want as we did, to mingle over a glass of wine, chilled beer or a margarita before our hosts' nightly dessert, it's a terrific way to share the day's experiences. Or, you can choose to sit at the "community table" for breakfast and visit then. I've included a few photo's of Stan's homemade breakfasts -- a feast for the eyes and the palate.

To complement the stay, it's important to note how safe and welcoming Tlequepaque is. From the moment we landed at the airport to the take-off to return home, we were in the welcoming and safe hands of the people who live, work, and are a part of this region. Try it! You'll love it as we do. PS: I accidentally checked "excellent" by the swimming pool (see below). There is no pool, only a lovely fountain.

Room Tip: Each room we have stayed in has been delightful. This last stay, we were in an upstairs room and wou...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SWriter
Reviewed March 10, 2013

We felt sad leaving delightful Casa de las Flores because we had such a magical stay. The hosts are warm, kind, and helpful; gardens verdant, soothing, aromatic; breakfasts begin days in a healthy way; tours of the ceramics collection educational; fireplace cozy, comforting, and relaxing in the evenings. Perhaps we should move in and stay forever. Sadly, guess that can't happen. Ah well, back to reality. Mary Jean Jecklin and Kelley Rea