La Villa del Ensueno Hotel
Casa Armonia(Tlaquepaque)
Hotel Colon Express(Guadalajara)
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
All reviewswelcome drinkboutique hotelbreakfast serviceminute walkeach room has its owna la carte breakfastlack of hot waterpool and hot tubgreat boutiquecouple nightsstreet vendorshighly recommend this hotelbreakfast was delicioushotel providedquiet areashopping tripmexican decor
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 11, 2012

I'm from Europe, Belgium! For people travelling to Guadalaraja, I really recommend not only a visit, but a stay in Tlaquepaque for 2 or 3 days! From the centre or the airport of Guadalaraja, Tlaquepaque and Villa del Ensueno is just a 15 or 20 minute taxi drive. At Easter, I stayed for the 2nd time in Tlaquepaque, Villa del Ensueno! The rooms are so nice, so brightly decorated in a truly Mexican style, with "azulejos" in the bathroom. Free WIFI. Two nice swimming pool, but a bit cold. The hotel should cover them for the night. Breakfast is good ... especially the coffee in a nice ceramic cup! The hotel management is constantly improving the facilities of the hotel, soon offering a restaurant. Now, el Liverpool has opened and is close to the hotel. The centre is easy to reach, 5 min walk. So many nice places to eat, so many arts shops, .... not handicraft, but ART ... and I recommend to visit the Ceramic centre dowtown, and of course Rodo Padilla ceramica! The young lady at the reception is really helpful. If you need a taxi, just ask reception and they will call you one. Reliable. Parking for your car. Some rooms have a terrasse with sun umbrella and chairs. My husband and I like the room just above reception, with bath! The street where the hotel is located is a bit weird ... but don't pay attention to it, Villa del Ensueno is really worth a visit, a stay! Good value for money!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 16, 2012

My wife & I stayed here with our two boys (4 & 15) the night of 4/7 before we drove to Puerto Vallarta. We stayed in room 3 which I'm assuming is in the original building. We enjoyed it so much we stayed again on 4/14 before our flight out. The second night they gave us a jr suite (room 21). I'm assuming that was partly due to the wedding reception they were hosting. Other than being difficult to find (not many street signs in Tlaquepaque) I couldn't have been more pleased. The chilaquile's rojo was the best I've ever had and I've had many. Our boys enjoyed the pool and the management was very helpful with our many questions. The breakfast alone makes this hotel a slam dunk. Throw in the atmosphere with spanish tile, safe parking, and a lovely room and you won't regret staying here. It's about a 10 minute walk to the center of town. The shops there had much better bargains than even the small towns around PV. Do your shopping here. They said the wedding was between a French and Mexican bride/groom that researched and booked them on the internet without ever seeing it in advance. I'm not sure I trust reviewers like me quite that much.

Room Tip: Book the building across the street if you like to sleep in. It's a bit noisier near the check in desk.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 25, 2012

We checked rprevious reviews on Trip Advisor before we made reservations and took the advice of one review to ask for the New Building, and a deluxe room. When we arrived we were told all 3 of the deluxe suites were taken. We were also put in the old building and were told it had been remodeled therefore they considered it the new building. The old builing is 15 years old and the new building 8 years old. We insisted on seeing the new building but they would not show us any rooms. We asked how full they were and we were told 50%. We were never offered a welcome cocktail as advertised, and had to ask for it! The pools were not heated, another falsehood. We were with another couple and were suppose to stay 3 days but checked out after the first. The rooms were ok and the breakfast was nice. We looked into the other rooms in the new building at 9:00am and they were all empty, there was also no one else at breakfast. The next day we found a lovely place in Tlaquepaque for the same price. It was quiet and beautiful, 2 blocks from shopping. Hotel Quinta Don Jose B&B. The owners are gracious, the restaurant and bar was lovely. You won't be disappointed!

Room Tip: Insist on New building not old remodeled one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank jilllianjordan
Reviewed February 4, 2012

On our recent trip to Guadalajara we spent the bulk of our time in Centro Historico Guadalajara and only planned one day in Tlaquepaque. We moved to La Villa del Ensueno on the day we toured Tlaquepaque. If we had it to do over we would have allocated 2 days at La Villa del Ensueno and also toured Tonala. This is a delightful boutique hotel with cute rooms, very quite, a friendly staff, within walking distance of shopping, restaurants, and tourist activities in Tlaquepaque. The price of our room included a complimentary afternoon cocktail and a full, hot breakfast. A great find!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank OregonLilac
Reviewed February 4, 2012

good location, very quite and not far from the city centre. excellent personal service.

Room Tip: for the best view of the city choose the room above the pool.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business