“Great resturant close to Tlaquepaque”

TlaquePasta Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 100 Restaurants in Tlaquepaque
Cuisines: Italian, Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: TlaquePasta was created with a simple mission: serve delicious Mexican and Italian dishes, use only the freshest and highest quality ingredients, and serve them by professionals that genuinely care about your experience. We accomplish this mission within the warm setting of the Quinta Don Jose Boutique Hotel located in Guadalajara's Arts and Crafts district of Tlaquepaque. Come and discover why we have become one of the most recommended restaurants in the Guadalajara Metro Area!
Reviewed July 23, 2014

We had some great dishes and good wine at this restaurant. Salvador, the manager, paid great attention to his customers and personally made us a really good Creme Brulee. A cool detail is the portable white-board menu.

The restaurant is a little off the beaten tourist track in Tlaquepaque, so only people who know the place will find it.

1  Thank Daniel W

Reviewed July 20, 2014

I liked that I could sit in the bar area, have a beer and order a pizza. It was a pretty good pizza (4 cheese).

1  Thank Justin H
Reviewed June 30, 2014

We ate here while staying at the hotel with my husband and young daughter. It was the best meal we had while in Guadalajara. Quality dinning and food, friendly and attentive service and a beautiful outdoor seating area make this restaurant a must try.

One night, we ordered three dishes which all happened to be vegetarian and they were delicious. Another night, we shared some appetizers since it was rather late. Each time the food was fresh and flavorful. It was the best food we had during our five day stay in Guadalajara. Prices were reasonable and we especially enjoyed listening to the live music- female guitarist one night, another night a duo of performers- all were great.

Definitely try this place, you won't be disappointed!

1  Thank HLODOLL
Reviewed June 16, 2014

It was the first time I visited this place and I was kind of hesitant since I brought a large group and didn't try it before. However, I was surprised with the great service, the atmosphere was relaxing and there was a guy playing the guitar, which gave a nice touch to the place to enjoy the conversation. The food was very well presented and delicious, especially the guacamole. Unfortunately I forgot the name of our waiter but he was very nice and helpful, he was checking on us constantly, even when he had other tables to serve. I even requested info about the hotel to consider it in our next visit and he took the time to show us around and even got us into the rooms. Excellent service and food, I will definitely get back.

1  Thank Cesarcp
Reviewed June 11, 2014

We had 22 people. We all ordered from the menu. We had people moving from one spot to another. The food was fine but the service was impressive. They kept people served without being too pesky and managed to find people where ever they were sitting when the food came which often was somewhere different from where they were when they ordered.

Its a Mexican/Italian cuisine. Guacamole was quite tasty and the everything I saw/ate looked and tasted good with reasonable portions and attractive presentation.

It's just a short walk from the square at Tlaquepaque but prices seem to be just about half what a lot of places cost. Most entries were from 100-120 pesos. The thing that made the place great was the service, atmosphere and prices. There were 2 large groups there (ours and one other) and our group had a good time talking and enjoying the dinner as it was quiet enough to hear. The setting is "authentic Mexican" with open air, attractive but not fancy decor. The restaurant was covered, but the ends were open air.

Everyone I talked to in our group liked the place and the meal. Service staff really seemed to go the extra mile. I would plan another group there any time.

1  Thank Al C