“Oasis in the city”
Review of TlaquePasta

TlaquePasta
Ranked #2 of 83 Restaurants in Tlaquepaque
Cuisines: Italian, Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: TlaquePasta was created with a simple mission: serve delicious Mexican and Italian dishes, use only the freshest and highest quality ingredients, and serve them by professionals that genuinely care about your experience. We accomplish this mission within the warm setting of the Quinta Don Jose Boutique Hotel located in Guadalajara's Arts and Crafts district of Tlaquepaque. Come and discover why we have become one of the most recommended restaurants in the Guadalajara Metro Area!
Reviewed October 3, 2013

Found this cute small restaurant close to my house. What a oasis in the city. It's all hidden behind the stone walls, but the moment you walk in you know you have found. Something special. The doors are locked, so you must enter from the hotel door, and there is a button to push the buzzer. I couldn't find the buzzer and ended up knocking. Inside there are beautiful paintings, a fountain, plants, ceramics, and lovely other decorations. The waiters were all very attentive and spoke English perfectly. In fact if I have one negative is that the place had only American/Canadian guests and I am trying to limit my exposure to English.

There was a nice selection of salads, entrees, and deserts. I am a vegetarian so I had a home made vegetable pasta. The pasta noodles were home made and the sauce was a lovely olive oil based sauce with herbs. The house red wine was excellent.

Also, there was an incredible woman playing guitar and singing. This was the best part of the meal. All of the patrons were really enjoying her music and when she left everyone gave her a tip.

When you finally get tired of corn tortillas and guacamole, this is the place to try. It was a refreshing break in my 6 weeks of travel and. Mexican cuisine every night. It's a nice blend of Italian and Mexican.

2  Thank CindyF243
There are newer reviews for TlaquePasta

Reviewed September 20, 2013

The restaurant is a block off the main square and worth looking for it! We stayed at the adjoining Quinta Don Jose B&B (which we also loved!) We decided to eat here because it looked quiet and the prices were reasonable. This was the best Chicken Marsala I have ever eaten! My husband had the Rib Eye steak which was also very flavorful and cooked to perfection. There are so many good places to eat in Tlaquepaque but this should be one of the top three when you visit. The outside is an unassuming facade (pleasing brown color) and you ring the buzzer to get in. (Just say "TlaquePasta" and they will buzz you in) Once inside, you will be pleasantly surprised at the comfortable atmosphere. There is an attached bar area and beautiful gardens to dine al fresco. Can't wait to come back and stay here and eat here again.

1  Thank PVPamS
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Not only is the service excellent and the food good, the ambience in the restaurant is lovely and relaxing with live music and a spectacular garden just outside on the back.

2  Thank Gloria M
Reviewed July 24, 2013

We enjoyed a fabulous 6 course Chef's Tour dinner. The chef was willing to accommodate me as a meat eater, and my cousin as a seafood only kind of gal. The chef came out and explained each course to us, and then the delightful waiter did his best to translate that explanation into English. The food was beautiful, creative, and fresh and the service perfect. Not to be missed!

1  Thank Shelley R
Reviewed July 5, 2013

This restaurant is amazing, the food was perfect and great value! The staff were very helpful and such gentlemen! I recommend this place to everyone... I cannot fault it

3  Thank Victoria T