“Wow!”

TlaquePasta Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 85 Restaurants in Tlaquepaque
Cuisines: Italian, Mexican
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: TlaquePasta was created with a simple mission: serve delicious Mexican and Italian dishes, use only the freshest and highest quality ingredients, and serve them by professionals that genuinely care about your experience. We accomplish this mission within the warm setting of the Quinta Don Jose Boutique Hotel located in Guadalajara's Arts and Crafts district of Tlaquepaque. Come and discover why we have become one of the most recommended restaurants in the Guadalajara Metro Area!
Reviewed August 28, 2012

My husband and I stayed at Quinta Don Jose for three days in late August. Having lived outside of San Francisco, Palo Alto, and spent time in LA, I have experienced great restaurants in the past. I can say, without hesitation, that this restaurant would thrive in those foodie cities! Although our first meal was very good and enjoyable, the pizza wasn't something rave about. We did order in the middle of the afternoon when the kitchen was closed, but they accommodated our needs and we enjoyed the masa dough as well as the flavorful toppings of the QDJ pizza. The soups were good, though I think the tortilla soup was too sweet.

Breakfasts were excellent, but I think the coffee could be improved.

Through these meals the service had been wonderful. But I was completely unprepared for the excellence of my dinner here tonight. The service was excellent, as expected. But the arrachera was out of this world! The favors were amazingly intricate and the meat was high quality and well prepared. If I had brought my camera, I would have taken a picture. Often in high end restaurants, the presentation is beautiful, but the substance is lacking. Not so here at Tlaquepasta! Incredible presentation, incredible flavor, and incredible service. And can I say that the price was terrific? Less than 120 pesos ($9) for the entree!

I am sorry to leave Tlaquepaque and this restaurant is one of the reasons why!

2  Thank Surfwood1979

Reviewed July 31, 2012

...but that is not saying much. The food in tlaquepaque is not something to remember (except the fish at Rojas). I have been to tlaquepaque 3 times because I love staying Casa de las Flores and usually go into Guadalajara for dinner ( which is not a city for foodies like D.F.). Tlaquepasta has some great qualities and some average qualities.

The best:
- margaritas are awesome! I had tamarindo and mi novio had Yerba buena (mint). Both were excellent!
- ambiance
- wait staff
- very limited wine list, but inexpensive
- pumpkin blossom soup was great and good bread
- the harp player

Mediocre:
- the Italian dishes were not that great, but not horrible. Mi novio was sick and wanted pasta, so we shared a spaghetti and pizza. I ate 1/3 a slice of the margarita pizza. Too much cheese and a weird crust. The spaghetti was a little salty and too sweet, but the pasta was cooked perfectly.

We are real foodies and after eating Mexican food for three weeks straight we were happy with what we got at tlaquepasta. I have a feeling the mexican dishes are better. I would return just for the margaritas!

Also not too expensive.

3  Thank Robbybird
Reviewed July 29, 2012

We enjoyed fantastic margaritas for the bar, then an incredible lamb in corn flower sauce and a delicious sopa de tortilla.

1  Thank CarrsPDX
Reviewed July 25, 2012

I was here with my wife celebrating our anniversary on the 16th of Jan.

I had read a lot of thing about this place, I had a bit a difficulty finding the place and when I got to the door I really didn’t expect much. But as soon as someone got to us I could see that the place is different than any other, the service is excellent.

There was live music but at a very low volume just perfect to eat and talk. The Lasagna is the best I have tasted and I can say I’ve tasted a lot of them, it’s not the typical lasagna it’s there style. They have a special coffee which is very nice as well. And ask for the brownie with ice-cream I could have that every day.

2  Thank hnao
Reviewed July 23, 2012

You don't go to Tlaquepaque or Guadalajara for that matter for food if you love your meals. It just doesn't exist. But if you ARE there you still need to eat. This is a comfy little spot inside the Quinta Don Jose hotel. typcial mixed mex/american fare, average quality meat products, decent pastas just ok pizza. Breakfast in the am if you are staying there is simple but nice. the staff is super nice and very attentive, something you don't see everyday in Mexican restaurants. If you have a few meals in Tlaquepaque this would be one of your main choices.